Repro "PLEASE NO TOUCHA MY BODY" stickers | FerrariChat

Repro "PLEASE NO TOUCHA MY BODY" stickers

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by davemqv, Nov 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 davemqv, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,

After searching and searching and finding no originals, I decided to make some reproduction versions of the old "PLEASE NO TOUCHA MY BODY" window stickers from the long defunct Ferrari of Los Gatos dealership. The minimum print order was rather high, so I'm offering some for sale to fellow Fchatters who might want one for their cars as well. These were fun stickers that always made me smile when I saw them, and they always added to the magic of the cars for me.

As I've said previously, I have a soft spot for all things FOLG, as my Dad owned a few cars from there, and technically my first F car came from there as well.

Based on my memory and a few quick consultations with restorers and friends who have had these stickers, I came up with this sticker. I said it's a "repro", but it's really more of an homage. I intentionally used slightly different fonts from the original in order to have these stickers be easily differentiated from the originals.

The sticker is 3" tall and just over 2" wide overall, including the clear border. The image size is 2 5/8" tall by about 1 7/8" wide. It is an INSIDE WINDOW sticker, just like the original, with front face adhesive. The back has a semi-opaque white background to make the colour brighter on the front.

The first two images below are of my repro sticker. The last one is the original for comparison.

I'm asking $5 per sticker, or $20 for 5 stickers. I'll send them out right away in an envelope via regular USPS service. PM me and let me know how many you'd like, and I'll give you my paypal address.

Side note: For you graphic design/font geeks who happen to be New Order fans, you may recognize the "Movement' font in my version. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Cool sticker! Where did the dealership apply them?

3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Usually seen in the front quarter window on the drivers side. I've also seen them on the rear quarter window on the drivers side on cars that have no front quarter window (like my Mondial coupe). Not sure if there was a method to the madness honestly.

4. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    To those that have already bought them, post a pic of your the sticker in the window when you get them!

5. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Nice work, well done. Feel free to post in the "original rear window sticker" thread in the 308/328 section too. :)

6. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
  7. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave