Reventon thread | Page 41 | FerrariChat

Reventon thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SefacHotRodder, Aug 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Do you guys think if they made a roadster version of the Reventon, they'd be able to find another 20 customers for it? I wish I had a company that could make a quick $20mil that quickly.

2. J_K

J_K Rookie

Jan 19, 2007
    Nope, but there are plans for dolce&gabbana version :D

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

put the pipe down buddy boi!

4. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    That would be even more stupid than the Revention itself.

Lambo just needs a roadster that would disimate the Veyron, thats what everybody wants, not a Murcielago with a Veilside bodykit!.

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    #1005 JTSE30, Oct 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    for the price of one revention you could have all those cars pictured and then some. :)

7. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    The price of the Reventon was set by supply and demand unless you believe nobody bought the car. But I haven't seen a press release to that effect. Instead I have seen the opposite. Maybe this is another case where "the factory is wrong".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=reventon+%22sold+out%22&btnG=Search

There is a reason the Reventon is more expensive than the Miura. And why it should be. It is a vastly better car.

I remember the TopGear video. Let me see if I can find it.. I believe this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VeKcXI5jdo

In the video you find that the Miura will lift off the ground and you will lose the ability to steer at speed. Topgear ends calling the car "flawed". Funniest part of the video? When the presenter asks the guy who owns one why there is no passenger window. He shows that he closed the door and the window shattered.

Now, maybe someone would like to consider that a supercar (0-60 in over 6 seconds?). But I don't. I'd call the GT40 a supercar. The Miura is not even comparable to the Reventon in terms of speed, safety equipment, aerodynamics, design, suspension, etc. etc. etc. Styling is a matter of taste. But if you had a car show with the Miura and Reventon, I can tell you the crowd would be around the Reventon. As it should be. It is a fantastic looking Lamborghini. The Countach and Diablo would give the Reventon a run for its money in terms of style. But the Reventon is the best Lamborghini so far.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

By the same reasoning , a Porsche Cayman should be worth more than a Miura too..

The Reventon doesnt have a market value yet. The price was set by the factory and they got buyers at that price. Maybe this price will prove to be right when they start appearing on the market..

9. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    first I've ever heard someone call the Miura a copy of the GT40 with a V12 stuffed in it. Has anyone ever heard of this comparison/insult before? I am a little green in the Miura camp? Miura's are beyond words, that is how I feel about those beauties!

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I read that the miura was inspired by the GT40 but thats about it.

11. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Most thinking people would agree that automotive technology has improved a lot between 1967 and 2007.

I doubt that there are many Miuras sold because they are the fastest or most comfortable or best handling or safest car for the buyers money.

It's status as the first "Supercar" needs to be kept in the context of what existed in 1967.

Comparing a Miura to a GT40 (original cars, not modern Ford GT) is difficult. One is an Italian GT sports car with some cutting edge features the other is a pure racecar that was reproduced for the street. They are contemporaries but built for very different purposes. Both cars have no shortage of admirers and would be buyers. The resale value of both cars is astronomical already and trending upward.

Reventon is as yet only a "mock-up", any performance specs are apparently extrapolated from other cars and it's "style" is obviously not universally accepted.

There is no confirmed number ordered (excuse me if I won't take the word of the company doing the "shake-down") and I have seen the memo that at least 3 pre-orders are already for sale.

12. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    the factory might not be wrong - but you are.
    the market has dictated how the miura is priced where its at - it stays at that price (or moves up and down) depending on the market.
    you cannot compare this with a pre sold run of 20 new cars - it doesnt work like that.

are you really this short sighted and dense
    the miura is and always will be an icon - the Reventon will be a footnote in lambo history and will likely be forgotten in a few yrs time

great program - hell yes
    bastion of truth and justice - no.

the fact that the miura can suffer some lift at high speeds is well known - that it "lifts off the ground" however is not the case.

Roberto Giordanelli -race driver, journalist and Miura owner summed it up nicely
    "High speed miura nose lift is dependant on the aerodynamic angle of attack (or rake) It only happens on Miuras with tired rear springs"

ive heard a few stories about what really happened to the window - pick a story, it might be true.
    that said a window coming off the runners isnt that unusual even in newer cars.

seeing as how the phrase "supercar" was first coined by a journalist when describing the miura please forgive us when we ignore your peurile ranting.

id call it a racing car.

why would it be
    it was designed 40 years ago - if things hadnt progressed then there would be problems wouldnt there ?

bold statement - either that or something else beginning with the letters BS

thats a matter of opinion.
    personally i think it looks awful - the Lp640 looks so much better.

the diablo ????? as supercars goes its mr bland in my eyes.
    only the later ones have the lambo appeal that puts your eyes on stalks.

the miura - WOW
    the countach - WTF !!!!
    the diablo - nice but not OTT
    the murcielago - clever design ,pretty but still in your face
    Reventon - why does this car have a new name surely its just a Murcielago with an ugly bodykit

please define "best"
    i fail to see how its better than a regular LP640

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    WELL SAID Chaos. Thoughtful and well-informed.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Chaos,

Please allow me to afford Five a response on his behalf to the question you posed to him, thus alleviating him of the need to post. The correct answer to the aformentioned inquiry you posed to him would be: YES.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    BTW, documentary proof exists (as seen by some other posters here privately) that at least 3 buyers of the Reventon now have "cold feet" and are "bailing out". In one case, the seller is prepared to take a 200,000 Euros loss. Speaks volumes doesnt it? So much for the best Lamborghini so far.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

16. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  17. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    omg i LOVE this car

i wish they made more of them, i sure would like to see one.

18. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Jeremy said get alot of vag:eek::D The dash is the best part.

19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    They should have done it in steel blue-grey instead of olive green. I'd have mine repainted.

20. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    For that kind of money it should have been bespoke. Imagine 20 completely different and unique Reventons.

21. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
  22. italian_lamboman

Sep 12, 2007
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Dario - R.F.
    i like very much this car

23. Supercar Ace

Supercar Ace Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    Sunny So Cal - LA
    Love everything but the front...It never quite sat with me. But it's great seeing Lambo do what it does best: making the most outrageous, over-the-top cars ever. The Reventon should be called the countach, but alas that name is already taken.

24. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I have to say that I didn't like the Reventon in the photos, but seeing it on Top Gear - OMG It looked amazing!!!!

25. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Don't ever in your life again, EVER! say that again!.

The Countach is a legend everybody loved it while the Revention is a million dollar wildcat.