Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    "... Stroll, on the other hand, is not within one second of the decidedly mid-fielder Massa.

I guess Villeneuve had some talent after all! ;)[/QUOTE]"

When you use the word "decidedly", you infer that this is comon knowledge, and that everyone agrees, that what you are saying is the absolute truth. Perhaps you should study the significance of the words you choose to employ.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..And yes, Jacques had some talent, not the fastest guy on the grid but fast enough and braver than most.

3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Kubica replaced JV, correct?

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Stroll keeps the carbon fiber industry busy. :)

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  6. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
  7. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This kid is so arrogant. He simply brushes off each and every crash as a non-event. It costs the team tons of money... but more importantly it's the time they lose to gather data. What a tool.

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Massa was retired at the time, only came back AFTER Merc approached Williams about Bottas. Besides, I don't think Massa was a better driver than Bottas, I'm just saying it was much closer between the two than Gordon thinks. Work on your reading comprehension, man lol

9. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Fair point but at the same time fair to Stroll what else can he do? It's practice and he has to keep going because he has a race to do this weekend. If he showed he was rattled that would almost be worse.

10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
  11. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Exactly.

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    yeah he's not helping himself but I kinda appreciate his honesty

13. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Surely what he was referring to was the simulator right? lol at least I hope.

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Stroll after each crash on the radio:

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!"

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Nope. He was talking about his playstation.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Lance Stroll practicing:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4fjWcpGZ3U[/ame]

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
  18. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  19. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep was honestly struggling with him saying that as well. I hope it was in jest but come on...it's a poor joke at best (IF it was one!).
    Actual LOL

21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Come on guys, Massa was very unfortunate during those years. If you discount DNFs and Williams messing up strategies, the difference to Bottas would be smaller, if not nonexistent.

The main point is that Bottas & Massa were close in terms of talent, whereas Stroll is WAY WAY behind Massa.

I don't think it's arrogance, it's the way he was brought up. The kid never had to worry about money, how much he spends, etc., and also always had everything set up to serve him. Go to 3m50s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on4pamB2kog

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't hold his ''arrogance'' (for lack of better word) against him, he simply doesn't know any better. If you've grown up with the wealth he enjoys, it's a different planet. When you dad has 25 Ferraris, private race track, you travel by private jet to one of your yachts...it's an entire different lifestyle.

I can tell you right now I'd have no idea how to bring up a kid when you enjoy such wealth. Easiest way I suppose is you downsize everything and don't own many flashy things, trade in the jet for premium economy, sell of the yacht and holiday at normal places, sell of the Ferrari's and toys. But then what's the point of being so wealthy? I certainly wouldn't give up a yacht, private jet, the cars, the dream home.

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    "I don't think it's arrogance, it's the way he was brought up"

Redundant.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Some people are very wealthy but do not display it. It's a matter of culture.
    There are very wealthy Scandinavians that don't exteriorise their wealth at all!
    Some Germans are the same, and you should know yourself that the Dutch in general don't like people who flash their money. In some society, it's considered bad taste.

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep, exactly. I know a few people (Dutch and others) that are very wealthy but don't do the things they actually want to do with it, they obviously would want a few Ferrari's or ''just'' Porsche's or Aston's, but just don't do it because they're afraid to show it off and/or don't want their kids knowing they have more than others.

If I had Stroll's wealth I'd have done the same...I love the toys, and I too would have a big car collection, travel private to my yacht or home in the Caribbean...You've only got one go at living might as well do the things you want, not refuse to do them because society deems it anti-social or show-offy. I know from experience that people will talk regardless, I personally pay very little attention to what others think of me and it suits me just fine...

Regarding the Dutch. when I started my business some of my family (not parents but aunts/uncles etc) asked why I would risk money to do so, whilst I could easily work for other companies and earn a decent wage. I told them one my goals is to own at least 1 Ferrari...It wasn't met with praise, they raised question on what on earth I'd want with such a ghastly car for ''show off pricks'', and that I should just aim to own a ''nice, normal car which is big enough for you and your family'' (note I'm not married or have kids and plans for neither). They've known me my whole life and all I could ever talk about was cars, Ferrari's and such things. The last thing I'd buy the cars for would be to show of my success to others.