Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I don't see how this has anything to do with raising a kid. If you've earned your money, you can spend it on what you like, but it doesn't mean you have to spoil your kid and give them everything they want. You earned the money, not them. Spoiling them does them a complete disservice as you're virtually guaranteeing they won't have the drive you did.

Maybe it's a philosophical difference, but I don't give my kids whatever they want and it has nothing to do with being able to afford it or not. I try to give them proper guidance and a good foundation without providing them an artificial leg up. I don't want them questioning their self worth as adults, I want them to be proud of what they have because they've earned it, not been given it. I'm not rich, but not hurting for money, either.

I'm questioning whether its wise to pay for their college as both my wife and I paid for most of ours with the help of scholarships and grants, and I don't see giving them a free ride that they haven't earned as being as beneficial to them as having their own stake in the game. I'm sure we'll provide them some help but it's key they have a fairly large stake in it as well, and that they understand what the money they spend is worth by having to earn it themselves.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

I'm just saying, it's difficult when you're wealthy (especially such extreme wealths as Stroll) to get your kids to grow up respecting money.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #553 TheMayor, May 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This thread delivers.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLO, i agree with Bas, if i had Strolls money i would spend it enjoying everything i wanted..cars, boats, great vaacations, travell around the world...but i wouldn't give everything to my kids..i see some people giving Ferraris to 16 and 18 year old kids..that's just plain stupid, and it's very dangerous...i would help them to pursue something that would make them happy, but not making them useless playboys with no goals .
    I think we enjoy best the good things in life when we work hard for them.

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    lolololol

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

8. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    I spoil the hell out of my kids. Especially the female one.

9. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I know poor people with nasty kids.

I know rich people with nasty kids.

10. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Concur!

11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The conflict between hedonism and austerity.

12. :) :) :)

But does there have to be a conflict. Compartmentalization.... ;)

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Kind of like how Lewis lives? How about an F1 car too? :) :) :)

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Your best post ever! ;)

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

16. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. :)

Now where's that damn middle finger smiley.....?! :mad: :p :D

17. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    LOL!

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Wow.... I'm shocked I wasn't the first! :)

19. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #570 ASK328, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    So much hate and jealousy in this thread - Isn't he a very nice boy/young man?

Why the hate? who cares, best of luck to him. Bunch of grown men / bullies making fun of a kid.

Lots of mean posts in this thread.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

He's wasting an F1 seat that loads of more qualified drivers ni GP2 and other forms of racing should be in.

21. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'm Canadian...I remember JV in Indy Car (CART) and then his move to F1....I really wish LS had the same pedigree and talent.... If I had his fathers wealth, I would definetly let my boy follow the same path (don't have kids though). I sincerely hope Lance becomes competitive but I'm not holding my breath.

22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I can guarantee you that if Stroll was doing well he would be applauded here on Fchat. Look at Ocon.

But since Lance stepped into an F1 car what he's been best at is keeping Carbon Fiber Workers employed.

23. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Who cares - is anyone competitive after the best teams. Was anyone competitive the last few years against MB, anyone this year outside of Ferrari and MB? Put the kid in the MB or Ferrari and he would be competitive, guaranteed. He's a rookie for crying out loud. He's doing as good as let's see........... Who's the guy that left the grid to race in Florida this week?

Who cares about the young boy, best of luck to him and I hope he doesn't get hurt.

Do you realize that your being a bunch of bullies against a young boy on the internet?

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #575 TheMayor, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Who cares? Wow.... you just lost your argument.

Let's say that instead of someone working their way up the minor leagues, somebody just paid the Yankees to put his 18 year old on the team.

And, he sucked.

And, some guy in the minor league is playing Peoria waiting for a chance at the big leagues.

Think people wouldn't be hard on that 18 year old stinking up right field? What about the rest of the Yankees? You think they care how much someone is paying him to screw up?

F1 is TEAM sport. Stroll is the weakest link in the team and will cost Williams valuable points every time he crashes or finishes next to the Saubers.

Lance is bad for the sport. I'd rather have 20 people more qualified than him in the seat so they can progress instead of someone being on a learning curve. Lance himself said it today. Someone asked him when he's been to Monaco. He said: twice. He spent the summer hanging out the beach in Nice.

Gee... what an amazing experience to drive an F1 car around the most difficult course in the series.

"I got a tan in France in high school!"