Schedoni luggage set prices | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Schedoni luggage set prices

Discussion in '308/328' started by Albert-LP, Apr 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That was a SMOKING good price!

remember him, at Christmas time..:D :D :D

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Amazing....

I think the 308 market is moving!!!!

3. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Bid is at $7,000 now. Seriously, I'm not surprised after seeing those key fobs on Ebay for almost $1,000...Image if someone can afford $10K 328 luggage set and $1,000 key fob...$100,000+ for pristine 328 is not out the range at all.

Nice to to see people with deep pockets are getting on the 3x8's.

4. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    It is amazing, but one the other hand, who really knows how many sets of luggage for the 3x8's we're made and how many are in reasonably good shape or in like new condition. Considering how many 3x8's there are out there, if you are going to show your car at a concours event, you will want to have a set of luggage to display with your car. Hence, the rapid ascent in bidding prices for this listing in Ebay.

5. RJR89

RJR89 Formula Junior

May 14, 2006
    Does anyone know for sure the actual dates Schedoni made these for Ferrari 3x8s and the different design iterations by year?

6. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    looks great in black, contrats: looks even perfect for that very nice yellow Mondial Cabrio.

ciao

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ALL of the sets for the 308 are the same, except color.
    There has been discussion of a US vs. Euro versions as the actual trunk dimensions vary slightly.
    No idea if Schedoni actually change design for this or not, or redid any dimensions for the 328??

That black set pictured on the Mondial, is for the Mondial.

The 308 sets are quickly identified, by the "curved top" of the one piece, to go against the rear fender curve

8. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    At $7000 are these EBay bids for real, or just running up the price, as the bid history looks fishy to me. I really don't think 328 luggage sets are worth more than F40 Luggage sets.

9. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
  10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That would be a record price, and almost TWICE the price, when new!

I smell a fish too...

11. fly275

fly275 Karting

Dec 27, 2009
    Midwest USA
    You guys are so sceptical. I remember in the 1970s when my car dealer friends were buying rusty, ratty, old 330GTs 250GTEs and 250PF coupes for five and six thousand dollars. No body thought they would ever be worth anything and certainly no one would ever want an ugly old 4 headlight or slow slab sided turds like them. WELL TIMES CHANGE. Now people are turning over rocks and getting excited when they drag one out of the wood work. They are paying crazy money to get the opportunity to own one of these "great cars". If this was new in the box luggage for a 300SL Gullwing it would be $50,000 or more and you guys would not be complaining. I am running this auction and I can assure you it is on the "up and up". Some one on this site suggested I run this item on ebay to find the true value. I can tell you I am just as suprised as anyone. This luggage is not available new anywear and the market will speak. Also please tell me why one of the complainers in this thread right now has 3 of the top 6 bids ( within $650 of the high bid and is asking me to sell it outside ebay) it just might be he is trying to slow down the auction

12. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    #87 docbell, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    I can vouch for what fly275 is saying, because a few weeks ago, I sent him a private message with my email and phone number because I saw his previous post on Fchat stating that he had an unused set of Schedoni luggage he might be interested in selling. He phoned me and gave me the price he was looking for, and to be honest, it was much less than what the current bid is on Ebay. I wish I would have taken him up on the offer! I was the one who suggested he put it on Ebay if I didn't get back to him about buying the set. I figured it was a lot of money to spend for luggage, but really thought it was a fair amount, especially for a brand new set. And as I stated previously in this thread, who really knows how many sets of luggage their are out there for the 3x8's? If you want to show your car at a concours event, it really helps to have a set. The smart money person is the one who will get this one-of-a-kind new set.

13. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ouch!!! LOL

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The rubberized liner has a shelf life.

So, nothing made in those years is now "brand new"....

But, GLWS, and yes I do have a set.

I don't have THREE sets, for my three cars, but WTH!!!!

15. YELO T

YELO T Formula 3

Jul 2, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Thank you, Alberto

Agreed. Condition, rarity and authenticity is everything.

If nothing else, the quality and workmanship of Schedoni luggage is unmatched and well worth a premium price.

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    A friend here once bought an old car in bad conditions for 6000 usd. He spent other 6000 usd to fix it. But it did not work well so he sold it. It was a Dino 246. The year was 1992. I do not see any difference with an old luggage set price.

17. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Holy Schedoni! $8273 with 2 hours to go!!

18. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    At that price why not contact the factory and have them custom fabricate a new set with "fresh" leather. With enough money anything is possible.

19. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    #94 docbell, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    It's my understanding that they were licensed under Ferrari to do the luggage, and they are not permitted to make any more at this time.

20. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #95 Green308GTSi, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    #96 Green308GTSi, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #97 nerofer, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Alan,

More or less the same...if we want to nit-pick, but again:

There has been TWO different VERSIONS of the set, mainly identifiable by different handles on the two small cases.

First version use "pantograph" handles on the two small cases, that is handles that fold when pushed forward or rearwards. The handle on the "curved top" case is bolted oriented by the width of the top of the smallest part of the flap of said case.
    Look at the handles of the cases on "lot 1670" on the page accessed by the link hereunder:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/22437634_a-ferrari-328-series-tan-leather-luggage-set-by

Second version uses a simpler system of handles that fold on their side; the handle on the "curved top" case is bolted oriented by the length of the longest part of the flap of said case, as on the set posted by Barry above (GreenGTS"i")

To my knowledge, there has also been some sets manufactured in "grained" leather; I believe it was called "moroccan leather" at the time;

There is also a different set, manufactured only for the Italian "Turbos", which is different in so far as the two long rectangular cases are replaced by one single big case of the same overall dimensions.

To the best of my knowledge so far, there is no difference in dimensions between sets manufactured for Amercian market cars, or Euros cars; nor is it any difference between sets for the 308 and the 328.

Rgds

23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    confirmed by Schedoni himself one month ago, more or less.

ciao

24. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The set was commercialy available in the Ferrari network from the beginning of 1978.
    Some "new old stock sets" remained theoretically available in the catalogue of parts under the Ferrari reference 95991674 (or sometimes 095870237) until november 2005 at least, but my understanding is that these were leftovers from the time-period of the 328 production.

As it has already been posted by Alberto-LP, Schedoni are not allowed by their licence agreement with Ferrari to manufacture any luggage set for a specific Ferrari model and sell it outside the Ferrari network: so it is NOT possible anymore to order a new luggage set for the 308/328 from them.
    But they do have a "generic" line of luggage, that is, not tailored to the boot of any particular car, that can be bought independantly from a Ferrari model.

Rgds

25. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Alan...
    I'm nitpicking again, but...
    That black set on the Yellow Mondial...wouldn't it be in fact the same set than the one for the 348, for which the tell-tale clue is the two rectangular cases that go one above the other?
    That would mean that the "Mondial T" (and only the "T") used the same set as the 348, because, due to the longitudinal engine, the was no boot behind the engine to use the older set of the Mondial 8 / QV / 3,2, which, according to the Schedoni brochures I have, is completely different (and also different of the 308/328 set)?

Rgds