Scuderia Rampante Silicone Hoses, now available! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Scuderia Rampante Silicone Hoses, now available!

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ricambi America, Sep 21, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I don't think so, but will defer to Dave at Scuderia on this question.

I'm going to guess the original color decision was made simply on the basis of keeping things looking 'original' in an engine compartment. The bigger issue, to be honest, is the cost involved with keeping/manufacturing different variants of these hoses. The costs are already quite high, and adding color choices would involve holding a greater inventory position (for both SRI and their resellers), and most likely driving prices even higher.

2. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    True on all points. It actually took a good bit of effort to make then flat black as they are.

3. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I have Dave's fuel cross over hoses on my 308 and they are excellent. Not easy to put in but they fit perfectly and much better than the old rubber crap that was on the car before.

Where is the 308 water hose kit? I did not see it listed anywhere? (yes, I know this is the 348/355 forum but I wanted to add a ++ post for Daves hoses).

4. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    #79 davehelms, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    Very kind, thank you Sean.

As soon as all the molded hoses came in and we made the changes required from data offered from those test installing them.... We then had to revamp all of the kits once again to reflect the molded hoses being included. Seemingly a small change but all of the batch paperwork had to be changed, computer lists of the recipes for each model and year kits.... We maintain a list of each kit that goes out tracking each batch number for each hose to a given kit number. A true PITA but if one cares about the long term QC.... a must.

Kris and I take one kit a day and try to get it finished, the 308's have been this weeks quest. With the weather closing in all too quickly, I am trying to do this along with my day job of keeping the cars running for the best driving weather of the year. Once its done it will be easy for Kris to keep a handle on without my input and Parts Pro's can do what they do best. A mechanic selling parts.... a sad state of affairs.

5. fxdwgs

fxdwgs Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Sjobo, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Bengt
    .....got the message......

//B//