Scuderia Shields | FerrariChat

Scuderia Shields

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dksu, Mar 5, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Can someone please tell me the distances from fender gap as to where the shields should be placed? I would really appreciate if someon could measure the distance from each side. For instance , from top, right, and bottom. I love my new 458. It's red and tan but for some reason, the car did not come with shields. If it wasn't red, I wouldn't care too much for shields but I think on red, it looks mundane without shields. thanks again!

2. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Did you order shields?

3. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Are you saying you bought a car without shields or did you order the car with shields and it was delivered without? If the latter I would send it back! If the prior you made the choice and now live with the consequence. Personally, I would never get a Ferrari without the shields. Putting them on after the fact is never the same. Good luck with this. I hope the outcome doesn't minimize the fact that you have an amazing car.

4. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Shields are nice ( I've got 'em) but don't let the lack of them spoil your experience. Enjoy the clean look! :)

5. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Sorry for the confusion. This car i bought was actually ordered by another customer. He put other options in it but I guess he forgot to put shields on.

6. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Some people like the clean look. I'm sure it was no mistake that he left them off. Usually not something you would forget when ordering the car. Like anything else, shields are a personal preference. I'm just not a big fan of sticking something on the car as an after thought. Shields from the factory have an indentation in the metal that you can't replicate after the fact. I guess if you are simply going for the look you can do it. The 458 is a work of art either way. Enjoy!

7. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    I completely agree with Rick. You don't want to start Mickey mousing the car. If you want shields then get the fenders too... Enjoy your amazing car!!

Rb

8. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Ok. No stick on shields then. thanks!

9. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The 458 has such a wicked profile, IMO it is ok without shields. Definitely no stick ons.

10. ufjdmba

ufjdmba Karting

Nov 10, 2010
    I agree that you might want to hold off from adding them but I could measure the distances if you are still wanting to add the shields. Cheers.

11. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    just be sure to get the good metal sheilds and not the cheap resin plastic ones! :)

I personally like the shield look

12. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Pm sent! thanks!