SE 30 thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

SE 30 thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by kane00, Nov 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Steve,
    Theres only one way to paint that car properly - interior, engine & mechanicals have to come out - Keith is right, itll also be more cost-effective.
    Otherwise, corners are being cut, and yes, you can do it cheaper and have things masked off whilst the components are in the car, but the resultant work will be just that - cheaper. Remember, when the factory built your SE30 (I was THERE watching a few of them come down the 'line in 1994), the aforementioned is exactly what was done and the car was painted BEFORE final assembly etc. If your mechanic knows what he is doing, there will be very little adjustment & tuning needed after the engine finally goes in, and if he is good (as he should be if he is working on a Diablo SE!) there should be no damage to your new paintwork. These fuel-injected cars are not as work-intensive as Countachs and 'development miles' as you put it are strictly for suspension setup - one outing with someone at the wheel who knows what to feel will confirm what adjustments (if any) are needed.
    Yet also, glasurit paint will likely be used, and the final assembly will be done only after the paint has 'cured' making the old analogy of fresh paint being soft and easily damaged, a redundant one here.
    So its really worth waiting till you can co-ordinate the entire operation thus - this advice from yours truly who has learned the hard way! LOL.

Joe

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    ....but not as loud as my Miura P400 SV which runs on 'hollowed-out' mufflers - read: straight-through pipes :) Hee-hee. Neighbours on another hillside a clear mile away have reported hearing me coming home up the hill on open throttle going through the gears....
    Anyway, glad you have that SE, awesome car, the black/black always looks oh-so devilish...

Joe

3. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    joe, i am not so sure about the loudness. I think its comparable in that his se30 is straight through as well... When I met with eric a while back, I could hear his car from really far away despite the fact that where I met him was next to a freeway.... :)

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Haha!
    Youve met Eric and his SE, but you havent met me and my SV!! But youre right, theyre all different....

Joe

5. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    Yep, Eric's car is loud and I filmed this vid a few months back...see/hear the car at mark 4:45+ until end of clip:

Black/Black SE30

:eek:

6. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I love that color. Amazing! Not sure about the back though but the color!

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    That is a sad sight.

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Nice video. The black SE sounds great...but more Countach-with-sport exhaust loud I think, not Miura with open pipes loud. LOL!
    Lets just say that the Miura's triple-choke 40IDL downdraught Webers in concert with open pipes make a hair-rasing howl, the likes of which I have never heard on any other type of Lamborghini - it is truly "Basso Supremo". Punctuated on the overrun by the way with an intense symphony of popping and crackling, all the while accompanied by stabs of flame... :)

Joe

9. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    i am going to do a full restoration when the time is right, the paint is terrible right now which is cool, because most of my other Lambos are great shape, or perfect(yellow GTR & Red CT) so not having to worrie about paint chips etc is cool. I'm going to drive the hell out of the car and the at some point make the car perfect and then drive it some-nicely.

I think we need to organize a SE Reunion, Joe has done it before, so i'll nominate him to do it again. LOL :)

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I know youll look after your SE.

Nope, Im retired from event-organizing! (what with wife & 3 kids teenager on, 2 active businesses, and my own insane car projects. LOL.) Even the Countach Reunion (which by the sounds of things will be phenomenal) is srtictly car-owner organized. Just book to show it at Concorso and thats it....
    So if SE owners want to do a Reunion (which I always think is a great idea), simply book to show at Concorso.
    A driving Tour will likely ensue the next morning, and there is nothing to stop the Diablo SEs mixing it with the Countachs.

Very Best,
    Joe

11. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    eric, you think my exhaust is loud? or you think that perhaps you couldnt hear it because your was pretty loud also while we were driving?

So when do we want to meet guys? Joe any ideas about it? Perhaps somewhere in OC?

12. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric
    i'm gone until mid Januarry because I have to get a back operation in Germany after that I'm ready to meet up anywhere any time Joe says. ;)

13. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    SO long no hear from you. HOPE all goes well in Germany.

I hope to meet up with you guy as well.

I WILL be the proud owner of an SE as well by then, cant really let it out right now......BUT it will be cool!!!

14. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I remember seeing that Dolphin car at one of the shops in the Caesar's Palace mall.

Why that particular animal? I think it's like painting spider monkeys on a Hummer.

15. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    Wow. Roy is gonna be in the se30 brotherhood? Hope to see ya then.

Eric, good luck on your surgery. My holiday wish to you is to have a successful surgery and no more pain from your back :)

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes me too.

I already had that surgery (Wayne Gretsky's surgeon) in 2002, and I have to say if done right, it changes your life quite a bit for the better. I was scared half witless going in, but now, other than the occasional twinge if Im over excercising it (ahem), Im just fine, and scrunching down into tight-fitting Lamborghinis just isnt an issue anymore. Wish you the best on that Eric (Sorry I never mentioned mine before - PM me if you wish recovery details)

Joe

17. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    I wish everyone happy holidays and have good health in the coming new year. While it is great to enjoy the cars, it is even better to enjoy good health. Best wishes to all.

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

Thanks Eric! That's pretty cool, I didn't realize you had modified one of your GTRs, did the factory do it for you?

Glad to inspire you!

-J

19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

Well thank you Joe,

The car is a blast, how could you not use it?

I'm still trying to get over you selling yours years ago!

-J

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Joe,

Do you have any pics (or video) to share of your '94 visit to factory?

Thanks!

-J

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #97 joe sackey, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, let me help you get over it with this image of an SE30 that will likely be at the SE30 Reunion that you guys are going to organize. See you there!

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes I have some images of the SE30s being built and saw Robin Fowler's intended-for the Sultan of Brunei car coming of the 'line for example...I will have to dig in the archives...
    Joe

23. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Don't mind if you do Joe,

Thanks!

-J

p.s. I have loads of pics of Robin's SE30 'in-use' (none of them scanned)

24. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Hmm, Silver? Is this the car from up in New England, Euro-spec car? Do you know what number?

-J

p.s. Feeling a little better now...