Selling Ferrari Stuff on Ebay--New Rule Ebay charge you even if Item doesn't sell on Ebay | FerrariChat

Selling Ferrari Stuff on Ebay--New Rule Ebay charge you even if Item doesn't sell on Ebay

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ExcelsiorZ, Sep 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ExcelsiorZ

ExcelsiorZ Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 7, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Apparently Ebay's greed is pushing people to sell their items offline.....could it be because they charge a listing fee and take TEN PERCENT OF THE SALE PRICE, including the shipping costs???

And then their Paypal takes another fee of more than 3 percent?

Rather than lower their FEE to a more reasonable rate the way Ebay used to charge fees back in the early days, they will now implement a policy that will charge you the 10 percent selling fee even if not sold through the Ebay website.

Are there any really good alternatives to Ebay that reach as many people globally? If not, we really need one as Ebay seems to have a monopoly on this C2C global marketplace.

2. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have had great success with Craigslist buying and selling cars, motorcycles etc but know it’s not for everyone and not really for a higher end car in my opinion.
    eBay has flat out become garbage.
    I used to use it all the time but now rarely if ever do.
    It’s crock that you can’t leave bad feedback on a buyer

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    link ?

i see nothing that shows they are charging a fee for items that do not sell

4. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    It’s their website. IMO they can charge whatever the market can bear. If vendors can find a less costly way to sell their wares, they will. eBay will then be forced to lower their fees

5. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T

I'm no fan of Ebay fees, or Amazon for that matter, however your interpretation of their condition is incorrect. What you are referring to is for those who use the platform to market products but redirect or encourage potential buyers to complete a transaction outside of Ebay. Below is what I received from them earlier this week:

At eBay, we strive to make our policies clear and our services easy to use. As part of that commitment, we’re announcing some changes to the eBay User Agreement.

Our updated User Agreement will take effect on September 19, 2017 for new users and on November 1, 2017 for all other users. The updated User Agreement was posted on eBay.com on September 19, 2017.

The key update to the eBay User Agreement is that we’ve made it clearer how we address violations of our policy on offers to buy or sell outside eBay. Sellers who violate this policy may be charged a final value fee for the applicable item, even if it doesn’t sell.

Thank you for being a part of the eBay community.

Sincerely,
    The eBay team

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    eBay sucks as in they suck the life and the fun and profit out of the seller.

375+ likes this.