Sergio marchionne | FerrariChat

Sergio marchionne

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tifosi Ferrari, Jul 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Since not many don't have a high opinion as ceo over Ferrari why is that? Also is it possible for him to step down before before his leave date? Just asking.

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Maybe because he is a tasteless idiot who can only see $$ in his head...Luca was all about class and exclusivity..this guy doesn't understand the diference between a Ferrari and a corvette....just look at an f12 and an 812 and you'll figure the diference...or you can look at Luca's suit and the sweater's sweater...

3. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    F12 looks good. The new 812 I don't know it seems a brand car that while holding the same shape has such a detail change makes it look a bit fat. Though I do like 812 looks I mean it looks solid yet puposeful. Though f12 looks better though in camparsion the 812 is still a good looker just not as great looking as the f12 was.

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    He is very good at what he does and will end up with a renewed contract - IMO

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Probably.

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    #7 crinoid, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Perhaps, however someone needs to reel in the Ferrari Design department. they should have Pininfarina as creative directors of Ferrari Design Department.

I am awaiting my final opinion on the 812 until I see in person. Looking at it in 2d pictures it seems that they've tried to check too many boxes and seems to have lost elegance. It has too many large stylistic elements that could have been made to stand out as the coup de grâce of the design as a whole if it they had chosen one of them as the center piece of the design. The F12 has the aero bridge, the 599 has the flying buttresses. On the 812 It could have been the slits that make a look of a flap at the front and back of the car (and actually they could have simply done it on the front and not the back), It could be the air intake on the C pillar, it could be the largely sculpted sides, of the car. It's got all these large details all competing for attention and not building up to something greater than the sum of it's pieces. However I will wait until I see one in the flesh.

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Sergio was an accountant.

"nuf said"

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I'm with you on that

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I always knew we could agree on something...

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Next you will hear rumors of Ferrari building a SUV. Oh, wait...

pfft!

12. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    If you want to read an auto industry insider viewpoint on Sergio check out AutoExtremist dot com. Peter DeLorenzo pulls no punches on sweater man.

As long as Elkan is kept afloat Sergio will be around. A lot of speculation that Ferrari is kept as the crown jewel and chief money maker while as much of FCA as can be will be dismembered and sold off.

13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Go back a few years you'll find more stuff we agreed on :)

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Marchionne has been given the job of keeping FCA alive; it's a thankless task.

As for Ferrari, his management doesn't seem to have a negative effect on the sales, I understand.

The guy is unconventional, I admit, but he is administrating life support methods to a dying corporation.

15. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    He still has to find somebody to buy a corpse....................

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Fixed it for ya!

17. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Good point. Ferrari is a money maker, and he is exploiting every euro.

LDM had some passion, but he was a money guy as well, and I think lost the plot a bit towards the end. It's about cars... LDM, you are not God... he lost sight and got out maneuvered by Elkann and Marchionne.... LDM was focused on all Italian ... vs. making the best cars and racing team he can...

Even Enzo Ferrari was not that nostalgic about his cars... he was in the business to make money, out of racing... and the road car sell out to FIAT helped finance all that & make him a genuine millionaire - not that he used the money much.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Well said my friend :)

19. Tifosi Ferrari

Apr 28, 2017
    #19 Tifosi Ferrari, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    LDM also caused the lost of Michael Schumacher being "retired" from F1 racing from what this article stated. https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/51sn70/interesting_read_on_how_schumis_first_retirement/

It's interesting to note the team's downfall was cause of LDM trying to do in the article has mentioned victory with the drivers he wants. Hence Michael's Schumacher picks which he won his titles with like Ross Brawn, etc. They left Ferrari cause of that and Michael Schumacher didn't want to quit from f1. Now if that were true that means LDM was full on blame for the mess the Team were in the recent years until now. If LDM didn't have his way Michael would be still be driving in 2007, etc. He would of more than extended his records and the achievements. The mess of the team wouldn't of existed and likely would bring back the Ferrari domination back instead of the huge drop of performance in Ferrari. We would likely see Ferrari Domination in 2010s era rather than Newey domination of his cars if Michael didn't retire.

20. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    THE FULL SERGIO: A TRULY UGLY SIGHT TO BEHOLD. - Rants - Autoextremist.com ~ the bare-knuckled, unvarnished, high octane truth...

21. Svito

Svito Karting

May 13, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Svito Puko
    Holy words. I have decided to create a thread in this community about how Ferrari fans could stop him. Shortly I will post it. Enough is enough. Hope all of you guys will help me to draw attention to this point because it is about our future as Ferrari passionate

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sergio - A CEO and opportunist and people are shocked here. The article by the author from Autoextremist was a nice expose on emotion and outlined how business is done. Buying distressed assets and making a profit. So its Sergio. He is just 1 of many. The Ferrari stock price is where?? As said in a famous movie - Im shocked, shocked I tell you that profit is motivating a person in business. Dirty or not this is hardly news. An ego in business. No never seen that either LOL.

This was key to me - This is Marchionne’s agitated response to the fact that GM wants absolutely nothing to do with the Italian Carpetbagger and refuses to have any contact with him of any kind. And rightly so, because Sergio doesn’t do deals with hat in hand, he does deals to exploit perceived weaknesses that will enrich him personally and make his handlers from the Fiat family even wealthier.

No one here has ever done anything like make a deal to enrich themselves. He may be somewhat terrible to deal with but he didnt get where he is by being a bad business man. Unlikeable? Certainly. The end of the world? Not quite. Seems like business the way he does it. No one HAS to deal with him but yet he survives.

23. Svito

Svito Karting

May 13, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Svito Puko
    Please, take a look at the thread I have created:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/can-we-stop-marchionne-and-how.560306/

Would be glad to have also your back up.

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I don´t like the guy and he seems decdided to squeeze the Ferrari brand more than Montemolo (yes, Montezemolo sold mugs and the California, so he´s not blameless at that either). But he´s making money with FIAT and Chrysler, two brands that were in decay, and so far, the F1 team is working better and I like his road cars better than Montezemolo´s latest ones.

Again, I don´t trust the guy but let´s wait and see what he does. History will judge him.

25. Svito

Svito Karting

May 13, 2013
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Svito Puko
    Also Enzo Ferrari has let Bertone make the 308 GT4 (probably still the biggest shame in the brand history). But one thing are mistakes (that every brand has made in the past) another thing is the mission and values of the company. Marchionne has a completely different plan (and heart) than the founder and Montezemolo, he cannot care less how will be the reputation of the brand in 10 years and if we are here to wait and see how history goes, we will all cross soon the point of no return.

Please read my new thread about this topic, would be glad if you can leave a comment.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/can-we-stop-marchionne-and-how.560306/