Some Fchat Maserati owners on Pebble Beach run at the turn around point. | FerrariChat

Some Fchat Maserati owners on Pebble Beach run at the turn around point.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by staatsof, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    That was at the turn around in Big Sur. The decal with the Tour D'Elegance number was blowing away so I got out of the car to paste it back on. Well ... that did not work as it completely blew off in less than a mile. I think the windshield rake on the Ghibli is such that air got under the decal.

The Tour D'Elegance is my favorite part of Pebble since you get to see the cars on the road. Quite a few cars did not complete the 69 miles run as they had just come out of restoration (or were trailer queens) and were not completely debugged. A bit scary when you have a big pre-war car, with questionable brakes, behind you on a steep incline.

Ivan

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #3 staatsof, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Indeed, one of them the green one behind this green car lost a knockoff spinner, the hub cap and then the wheel came off just as they stopped! :eek: Donald Osborn was along for the ride but seened unfazed ... Though they did all use the restroom ... ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. eogorman

eogorman Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Buhl, ID
    Full Name:
    Eugene O'Gorman
    Thanks for posting Bob, It is so rare to see Maserati GTs in the Pebble Beach event. It truly is the greatest Concours I have ever been in.

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks for great pictures! That black/brown Ghibli Spyder is sooo classy. James Bobd would be envious..

6. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley