Speciale, Huracan or 12C Spider | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Speciale, Huracan or 12C Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Cuonuct, Jan 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    No,
    Cup 2 and PZero Corsa (gamma from 2013) are comparable

Pirelli Trofeo R is comparabile to a Toyo R888 or Yokohama A048.

Cheers

Luque

2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Corsas have way more tread I think.

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Nope! The Trofe Rs are barely street legal. The Cup 2s are just really sporty road tyres.

See their tread:

Pirelli:
    http://motorsport.motorionline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Pirelli_PZero_Trofeo-R_03.jpg

Michelin:
    http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/michelin/mi_pi_spt_cp2_ci2_l.jpg

The Trofeos have a huge advantage. They are the closest thing there is to a slick tyre! The Cup 2s are comparable to the P Zero Corsas.

4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #454 noone1, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    These are the Cup 1 tyres, which are different to the 2s. The 2s are like the Corsas and if I recall correctly their treadwear rating is higher than that of the Pirellis!

6. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    Both Corsa and Cup 2 have similar performance and depth tread (7-8/32’’). External Pattern (that mainly works during bending) are comparable.
    I wonder why P1 and La Ferrari have bespoke version of the Corsa if that tire was not the best in class.
    The Trofeo R is a complete different tire. The compound is very soft and became stickier at the right temperature. So sticky that collect and launch any debris or rubbles in the track ....
    It costs 30-40% more than a Cup 2 ( in Italy) and duration is inversely proportional to its price

Luque

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
  8. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    The cup2 is a track tire but it can be used on the road (above 10 degrees) without particular problems. The supersport is the (summer) tire of michelin product range.

Luque

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not sure, but custom is custom. 918 has custom Cup 2 tires I believe.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Barely street legal is still street legal. You're talking as if these tires are like hand cut slicks.

Price of both tires:

Trofeo R 265/35/19: £327.50
    MPSC 2 275/35/19: £288.50

Not that big of a price difference. Whilst the trofeo have a bit wider semi slick side, I do hope you're aware that when actually running hard, you're on the outside edge of these tires so the inner part is largely irrelevant (i.e. where the actual thread is).

Are you guys so insecure about a handful of tenths that you have to debate every little aspect and why it's not fair just so that in your mind Ferrari is ahead and king? With such little time difference between the two the driver will quite simply not notice.

FWIW i'd rather be in the speciale than the other two. I'm not a big fan of the 458 but I love the rawness of the Speciale. I don't think the other two are particularly good looking, the MP4 sounds **** and the Huracan doesn't appeal to me.

11. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    You are absolutely correct on this item.
    Ex. The Ferrari Michelin Supersport K1 of Ferrari have different

- Tread depth (7/32'' versus 10/32'')
    - Sidewall profile
    - Radial stiffness
    - Tread pattern

In comparison to a standard Supersport (the K1 is more extreme).

Check the differences between a CUP ZP for Corvette (Z07 package) and the standard cup ...
    Cheers

Luque

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It is a fact that the Trofeo R is a much quicker tyre, to the tune of some seconds rather some tenths per lap. On the other hand the Cup is the friendlier tyre, which also lasts longer and is better in wet conditions. The price difference is irrelevant.

13. Savageulm

Savageulm Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2010
    Italy/Europe
    The Quattroruote report was very very clear.They wrote : Huracan got this result for the trofeo R and the 4wheels drive.The last delivers a very big advantage on that race track.
    So big plause to the Lambo but not any mistery here..

14. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    EXACTLY! Do not underestimate the advantages of AWD on a racetrack...especially when the horsepower figures are where they are now...Remember the Trans Am series banned Audis AWD Quattro's many years ago as they were dominating the races

15. Argosy

Argosy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2013
    This bodes very well for future more powerful Huracan variants. The base car is already very quick.

16. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    I would do 458 Speciale, McLaren 650s then lambo.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, that doesn't apply to all racetracks. The QR track is very slow and twisty. Out of the slow corners the 4WD system is a big advantage. On a faster, more fluid track, 4WD is a disadvantage.

18. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    +1

Luque

19. Savageulm

Savageulm Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2010
    Italy/Europe
    ++1