Starter replacement 1990 348 ts | FerrariChat

Starter replacement 1990 348 ts

Discussion in '348/355' started by vdettore, Sep 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    My replacement starter came in today from Classic Car Performance.

I searched for any threads on installation but did not find anything directly relating to just starter replacement on the 348. Probably not searching correctly.

Is there anything( outside of the norm, disconnect battery, etc.,)I should be aware of when removing the old starter and installing the new one?

Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice. I haven't turned a Wrench on my own vehicles ( mostly vettes) in a few years.

Vince

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    You might find that maneuvering the starter out of the car is a little challenging

3. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Easiest starter I've ever seen to deal with. It's right there when you jack up the rear of the car. Disconnect the battery, disconnect the heavy red wire going to the starter, then there's a thin wire attached with a spade fitting that just unplugs. Then loosen and remove the 3 bolts top right corner of the clutch/flywheel assembly that hold the starter on, and it is detached from the car. No bolts jammed between bellhousings and transmission tunnels that you have to locate by feel like some cars. Nice!

Schatten likes this.
  4. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince

Wow, great to hear. Thank you!