Stolen 250GTE! | FerrariChat

Stolen 250GTE!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tyang, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tyang

tyang Rookie

Feb 16, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Tom Yang
    #1 tyang, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Attention All,

A Ferrari 250GTE was stolen in Germany! The owner is Markus Bester and his car and trailer were stolen from the front of the hotel near the Nurburgring Racetrack during the AVD-Oldtimer- Grand Prix 2014 weekend. Here is the information on the car:

Grey Metallic with a beige interior.
    2281 GT
    Engine: Type 128E , number 138E
    Gearbox (not original ) Type 508E ,
    original gearbox in my garage
    Rearaxle Type 508E , 7x32 , number 27E
    PF Job 39744

Numberplate (german registration) HB-FH88H

I hope the car can be recovered, but if it gets split up, most of the body parts on this car will have the PF job number stamped or written them. Often this number will contain just the last three digits and in this case will be "744." Please keep your eye out for this car.

Attached below are pictures of his car and the trailer that was stolen. If you have any information on the car please contact me at [email protected] and I will forward the information to Markus. He asked me to post this for him because he is very busy working with the police and the insurance company. Ultimately, he would like his car back than making a claim. I wish Markus all the luck in recovering his car, and I hope with all of us helping, he'll get it back in one piece.

Tom Yang
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    thanks Tom, this was the purpose of my post 22 in the Ferrari Netherlands meeting as was not sure how to start a new thread!
    yes all the community should help, we collectively know the market enough, and should alert Markus or the German police if anything suspect comes to our attention.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow...thanks for posting, a real shame....

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  5. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    Last I heard, stolen European G-wagons tended to show up in Romania, Belarus, Russia, etc. Hope this gets recovered quickly.

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Do you think they were just after the G-wagen and didn't know (or care) about the Ferrari?

I would imagine a 250 of any stripe would be difficult to fence, if you didn't have the right connections-- and maybe even if you did.

7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    As I understand it, the G Wagon was not stolen.
    Tom please correct me if I am wrong.

Somebody hitched up the trailer and drove off, its not clear if they knew what was in it or whether they were just oppertunists.

8. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Yes, that's correct.
    The G-Wagon is still there.

It's me, the chapfallen owner of the stolen 250 GTE.

PLEASE keep eyes and ears open everyone !

I MUST get her back !

9. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    I m feel sad for you, a really bad story. I will have an eye in spanish market.
    Hope you get it back home quickly!

10. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Picture inside car ? Or a particular détail?

11. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    On the first of August there was an old Innocenti Mini stolen in Hamburg. Also it was inside a trailer and the thieves just towed it away. The Mini Community thinks, that it was about the trailer and not about the car inside.

Hope, the GTE will recover!

12. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  13. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    no singular special detail, just a "normal" 250 GTE in realy good shape.

Interior-special: two Halda Tripmasters mountet separately under the Co's side of the dashboard and two Rallye-Timers (Heuer) mounted at the clovebox-cover. The Radio (a period-correct ITT Radio) is only a Visor without any funktion.

14. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Was the trailer locked (round bolt lock connected to your Merc)? I park my trailer quite often with a Ferrari inside.....
    Bad news!
    Ciao
    Oscar

15. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Ist was locked, but stand alone, not connected to the Merc.

16. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Any special details on trip master and on Heuer? I had a Monte Carlo stolen 2 years ago ( the split chrono) of course not found. But as explained in my post on the Netherlands tour thread, we can expect unless people where really targeting the trailer, that they will try to sell bits and pieces gradually to check if they are below the radar screen. Those pieces are valuable and collectible and thieves, even if they read FC, who knows!, will try to get rid of easy parts first.

So check or have someone check the magazines for sales of such items like Klassik Markt, and also alert dealers, there is a well known dealer in Germany selling Heuer, I see him all the time at Retro and Le Mans Classic, if you had serial numbers or close up pictures or anything to identify them , would be better.

Again 15 years later I am still always checking the adds for my stolen 280 SL Pagoda, I can understand people can get mad at this process.

As mentioned in my other email in the thread mentioned, it seem you were insured, so was I. This is small compensation for a revolting situation, but I have been advocating insurers, with no effect, to create a database of stolen classic cars, so that people who are in the market and know the market , have a chance yo react if they spot something. This is highly time.

I remember I also put a whole page add in classic driver, this was possible at this time. You should do the same as well in anamera, not just a mention in the threads, and also in most European magazines in each country that has a classic car magazine and consider offering a reward for info leading to recovery. Next is to hire a special investigator, remember The Thomas Crown affair as we are speaking of Ferraris, may be still one step to far at the moment.

17. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That is terrible terrible news. I hope car & owner can be reunited soon!

18. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This is bad. Terrible news....

19. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Will keep eyes and ears open! So sorry to hear about this. I'll post a link to the Maserati section, it helps to have all members know about this.

20. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #20 2281GT, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    We announced that 2281GT was stolen with all the infos on a french forum (Ferrarista).
    Good luck to all.

22. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Thank you, Francis, very much !

23. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Markus, any news on your car ?

24. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Thank you for participating, but ...

No, nothing new yet.

25. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Strange, with all cameras in the city or on road....