Swap 348 TS carpeting | FerrariChat

Swap 348 TS carpeting

Discussion in '348/355' started by ForzaYYZ, Sep 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaYYZ

ForzaYYZ Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sebastian
    Opportunity to buy a 348 TS, rosso corso with combination tan leather and red carpeting. Not a fan of the red carpeting. Is there an aftermarket formed carpet set supplier for swap out? I checked GAH website, no 348 sets. Also, can the red carpet inlay on the door panels be swapped out too - or do they require a complete door panel swap? I thought the panel was made up of a few parts.

Thanks for the advice.

2. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Check put cabrio world... I believe they sell them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Dude the red carpet is the only thing saving that interior. Keep it!!!!

4. innerloop

innerloop Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2010
    Houston Heights, TX
    The lower carpet panel comes off independently from the other parts of the door panel. It's a fiberglass panel covered in carpet.

I didn't like the look of it so I had mine recovered in leather. But then I had to go to the added trouble of fabricating a speaker grill that was notched on the top to fit flush against the lower side of the arm rest. The other way to go is to find a leather guy who has a patterned punch to make perforated holes for the speaker.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    Depending on the year, the 348 did not have one piece molded carpet. There are a bunch of little flat pieces cut different ways and spray glued down.

6. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I have both Black or Tan lower door carpets, I also have a tan carpet set that I think is in pretty nice shape. I need to get it pulled out and steam cleaned to know for sure. PM me if you want more info.