Taiwan authorities Execute Murcielago | FerrariChat

Taiwan authorities Execute Murcielago

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by southnc, Dec 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. licodix

licodix Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    Central
    Full Name:
    Barchetta Mad Max
    Better auction it for charity?
    Some officials do miss the point sometimes

2. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The United States CBP regularly holds auctions for items that must be exported. This is pretty foolish from a fiduciary standpoint.

3. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    True !! Illegally imported cars should be confiscated and auctioned so that the proceeds boost the public sector sources of income... It is foolish to destroy something of such high value !!

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I think they are trying to send a message to others, whats the point of hammering the fans and the emblem to death.

What a waste

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Attention whores.

6. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    CBS This Morning (12/16/16) had a brief story & video-clip about the crushing. The CBS story might be on-line by now.

7. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Exactly! What is the point of that stun? To show how stupid they are?
    They could have sold it export and help some kids in need in their country. I guess "talibanism" is taking over the world. Disgusting! May be China should take that island over.

8. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    This is why you don't put SV stickers on a non-SV.

9. Rex71

Rex71 Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Majd B.
    I agree, they are definitely sending a message.
    In several other countries, a similar situation could have been solved by a bribe.
    Although I prefer the auction it for charity solution, but I think the authorities took this as an opportunity to promote a strong image of fighting corruption.

Still painful to watch.

10. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Bribe???

As living in country where there is absolutely no tolerance for bribe, any kind... Here we do this by pay more car tax!

Murcielago was 650k€ new so if you fool around and police stop you whiler driving a car without paid car import tax; you get triple car tax, that goverment WILL get, even so that they will inpound property.
    Today 10-year old Murcielago, you have to pay around 100k€ import tax, so if you drive your car with plates from other country, you have to pay car tax instantly and you can get triple car tax; 300k€ - That is STRONG mesage, and you can keep the car!

11. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Pushed to this extreme is not the Tax the same thing as a bribe for for the government rather than the individual?

That remains me of my corporate training about the difference made between a bribe not acceptable and illegal and "grease money" to expedite which is acceptable in many countries.. I am still trying to figure that one out!

12. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I know exactly what you are saying, growing up in Norway,we had similar tax policy, early-mid 80 s i wanted a Countach really bad, remember my first drive in one in Munich, no problem buying the car at the time aprox 100k german marks ( before the euro) but could not swing the Norwegian taxes, wich at the time added aprox 150% to the price, i did drive a few other cheaper cars (911- Pantera gts and so on on questionable german export plates,) but the Countach was to big of a risk cons its entery ticket price.