Taking delivery of my F12 in 2 weeks | FerrariChat

Taking delivery of my F12 in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Jeff Gilliam, Aug 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Hello all

I'm creating a file and would like to find the thread outlining all the F12 accolades. I know one of the members compiled a wonderful list that I can't seem to find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Congrats Jeff... What thread exactly are you looking for ? English is not my language so I didn't exactly understood "outlining all the F12 accolades"

I made a register thread about all the F12 tdf's belonging to Fchat members but I'm not sure it's the thread you're looking for

3. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Thank you so much for the reply. A few months back someone organized a number of favorable reviews of the F12. I believe he compiled about 30 wonderful remarks made by different automotive sources. I'm looking to get a copy. Thanks again

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats! Pics and vids ASAP!

6. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Thanks Caeruleus. That's what I was looking for. Back in July I went to Maranello to unveil my F12. I have never owned a Ferrari and never been to Italy. It was truly one of the greatest few days of my life. I was in awe being around those cars and that facility. The F12 was no longer being manufactured but I really enjoyed seeing the 812 on the line. I could not take pictures but Ferrari had a photographer taking pictures of me at the unveiling and driving the car under the old entrance for some additional shots. I could not stop smiling. Ferrari set up lunch for my friend & I at Montana's. What a meal & what an environment. The photos and racing memorabilia were so wonderful. The night before our Ferrari visit we stayed at Villa Maranello. The hotel was a few blocks from the old entrance. The hotel owner's name was Enzo. He said very few individuals his age have that name. I thought that interesting. He spoke little English but made us feel so welcome. He also was the cook in the restaurant downstairs. The meal (which he created) was amazing. I'll share photos when they arrive. I'll need some help with that. To be continued...

7. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You are very welcome Jeff. Welcome to the family! For someone who really loves cars, and especially Ferraris, these memories are priceless! I think you will really love the car more and more as you drive it. There is something very special about Ferrari and I think you are at the beginning of a really wonderful adventure!

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Can't wait to see those pics!

9. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Just received the VIN for the 2017 F12. ZFF74UFAXH0228997. I would be very interested if someone has a 17 F12 with a higher VIN

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Just for comparison another member here received his F12 last month and it was s/n228775. I would assume there are still cars on the line that will be finished after the August holiday. So the last F12 build is yet to come out of the factory. There is an American who collects the last new Ferrari for each series built.

What color combination did you order for your F12?

11. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Congratulations-utterly brilliant car and you will love it.

What other company's products get this sort of excitement when it's already the 'old' model. Imagine getting excited about an iPhone 6.

12. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Thanks for the information on the s/n. Are these truly sequential or do they skip numbers? I was told by my dealer it should arrive in a week. It's GS with Bordeaux interior

13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Congratulations, that's a great choice.

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Thank you for your reply. The factory uses every number in numerical order without skipping any numbers. Some cars arrive late though because they have special colors or trim created by the factory 'tailor made' program. Those cars are finished in a different area of the factory away from the regular production line. So the cars are mostly delivered in numerical sequence.
    Grigio Silverstone over Bordeaux is a wonderful color combination! It really suits the character of the F12.

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #15 of2worlds, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Wow...thanks for the pictures. My car arrives on Wednesday & I should have it 5 days later. I'm having a few things done (tint, skid plate, full clear wrap & ceramic). I have a question for all you guys out there. I have a trip planned to Vegas and was told I shouldn't Take the car on that type of trip with a new engine. I'm coming from Ventura County and there is a lot of open road. I believe the concern was a new engine running at a constant speed for an extended period of time. Any thoughts

17. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Definitely go for it, just vary the throttle and don't let it sit in high gear going up inclines. These engines are so well made, despite what it might say in the handbook, they just need driving.

18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agreed. I think Tim's advice is spot on. I also think they run the engines on the test bench and then also drive the cars around a bit as part of the QC. Its not a proper running in but just vary the RPMs. I think some of the break in is for the tires (2-300 miles) and diff- and frankly most is for you!

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you want talk to Rich Kansky (the service manager at Towbin) and have them look over it when you get there. He's awesome and used to a lot of Ferrari LA visitors coming to LV.

Enjoy the trip!

20. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't understand why we nanny these cars. I continue to collect from the factory where possible and hammer the car for 1500+ miles without a second thought and the car next sees the agent for the annual service.

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I think your only concern on this trip should be the speed limit and to acquaint for that you should carry a radar detector. I've already done several road trips like this with mine and the F12 drivetrain is so good and gives you so much pleasure to control, that you can drive for long periods at incredible speeds in total safety and never get tired.

Good trip and after tell us how it was and show some pictures.

23. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Hello all,

Just received my F12. What a machine. I can't believe the acceleration once I hit the So Cal freeways. I had Alpha Restyling completely wrap the car with Xpel, tint the windows with 3M Crystalline, apply a ceramic windshield film & apply a ceramic coat over the clear wrap. I highly recommend these guys.

Attached Files:

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. Jeff Gilliam

Jeff Gilliam Rookie

Dec 25, 2016
    Some pictures from the unveiling:

Attached Files:

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jeff congratulations for the new car, now you have the last Pininfarina designed jewel at your guard so enjoy it. The wrapping and the ceramic coating are compulsory and apart from the protection they do to small stone impacts, etc, one clear advantage I find is that you can wash the car with a jet wash machine and dry it by hand with a cloth without worrying because you'll never micro-scratch the paint. If for some reason you do something very wrong, you can always substitute the wrap partially but the paint is intact. Please post some pictures of your new treasure in order that we can admire it.