Technology | Page 41 | FerrariChat

Technology

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Looking good. :)

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol......so bitter.

3. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So they've admitted that a couple of changes they made to the last dud version were **** ups, and now they've re-introduced them.

Techno geeks and others who've got nothing else to do except wait for the next new thing to come along might love 'em, but I'm losing count of the number of normal people I know who have tried them, failed to gel with them, and gone back to an iPhone.

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    wow...another bitter iPhone owner! What's wrong with you people? It's like someone shot your cat!

I went from Palm to iphone to android to iphone to android without skipping a beat. If you or your friends can't 'gel' with one OS or the other, I'd say that says more about them than either OS.

5. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I reckon you are still at "Palm". ;)

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Whenever possible.

7. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You're right. It certainly does.
    It says for all of those people, in the end it's just a phone.

Of course all of them were gushing about the "amazing" stuff when they first went non-Apple (eg. all the hand swiping, eye following wankiness).

A month later:

"Do you still use any of it"?

"Errr. Only when I want to show off what the phone does, and half the time it doesn't work"...

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    What a load of BS that was

9. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    True. Do the latest versions still have that crap or has it quietly gone away?

10. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    Steve, PP is just a geek with too much time on his hands. He'll never understand the joy of having something that just works without tinkering.

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You're delusional if you don't think having a phone that knows when you're looking at it is handy. Think about it. As long as you're looking at it, the screen stays on.

Swiping for screenshots is awesome and so much quicker.

Why they deleted sd slot I have no idea, but I'm glad that's back.

Otherwise, you're just talking crap. How doesn't someone not use those two features? it's automatic.

Another dumb arse comment from someone who has no idea.
    I had the 6S plus....if it was that good, I'd have kept it. The Android phones work perfectly without tinkering. HOWEVER, if you choose to tinker, you can! You have no choices with iOS.

And did anyone actually read the specs? S7 is bigger screen but physically the same size case, higher resolution, lighter, better battery, faster, quicker camera focus and better quality photos. The sound on calls is better too, incidentally....no one ever mentions that.

But keep being ignorant....I note that neither of you have actually ever lived with Android for any extended period, so talking out of your arses must be your speciality.

Speaking of talking crap....I've now had the MacBook Air for a couple of weeks and I'm completely used to how it works and how to make it do all the things I want.

It's sluggish and has no touch screen. The only thing going for it are it looks wonderful and the magnetic power plug....but apart from that, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's basically no better or worse to use than windows 7, 8 or 10.

12. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    As I said, you'll never get it.
    you're the one making a dumb arse comment here - I don't want the choice to tinker, I'm not interested in it. I have better things to do than comparing specs, screen sizes and wank-factor features. I suspect so is Steve.

13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nope...the dumb arse comments are made by you. You said, and I'll quote "He'll never understand the joy of having something that just works without tinkering."

You are wrong...there is no need to tinker with Android for it to "just work"...and as I said, I like having the choice to if I so desire....but, and I'll type slowly for you, THERE IS NO NEED TO TINKER WITH EITHER.

If you're going to argue, at least try not to disagree with yourself!

and if you're not going to compare specs, then you should have stuck with an iphone 4. what a load of BS you talk.

14. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    go on, you're making yourself look even bigger idiot than before

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol

really? you'll be embarrassed when you read back what you wrote.

Actually, you probably won't now that I think about it.

16. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    done yet, Samsung fanboi? :)

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I think I've proven that I'm open minded, actually....but nice attempt at projecting.

18. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    you should read back your posts throughout this thread - I won't be surprised if 80% or more contain spirited defence of Samsung/Android or new model/feature announcement

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So? At least I've got a lot of experience with both. Unlike you, I think I'm pretty qualified to make a call on it. You're basing your posts on nothing but a preconceived notion and rumour.

and...if you read your post that initiated these last few posts, you'll see it started with a ridiculous assertion by yourself......again.

At least I'm open to any ideas, innovation and improvement. You take a positive spin on android over ios as a personal insult. You apple boys are very funny like that.

20. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    YAWN. Don't try to make yourself look better than you are, fanboi, we can see through the BS

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lol

*shakes head *
    Seriously? Wake up to yourself.

22. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    How about something useful instead.

Tell me how to have a Samsung show "Missed Calls" in the Phone tile on the bottom left of the screen.

Samsung did an Update and now it doesn't show Missed Calls in the Phone tile.

23. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I see missed calls in the phone log Wes on my Galaxy , what else do you need ?

I have been very anti-iPhone due to my networking experience but have to say that since I put all the Apple-centric fixes into the network gear both the Androids and iPhones work brilliantly now.

My boy has my old iPhone and he loves it , I think all these modern phones are brilliant but they are only as smart as the user :)

24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    What version of code are you running ?

(go into settings>about device>Android version)

I'm on 5.1.1 and missed calls show on the phone icon as well as the log

25. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Prior to the Update, a number would show in the Phone Tile of the number of missed calls.

I would like that back however it appears to be gone.

I make and receive at least 50-70 calls a day.