The Alberta Thread! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Alberta Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by brim, Jan 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Learner

Learner Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks.

2. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    No spots today.

well, a new range rover and two porsche 911's not new ones though

3. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    In ZR Auto do they let you sit in the cars or are they totally of limits?

4. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg
    Hey Dino, I am also a "teen", and I have stopped by ZR Auto a few times before. The same man is always out on the floor, but I do not think he likes me much. He once told me to put away my camera, which I can respect I suppose. But I once got some advice that if I wish to take pictures I should phone the day before, so last time I was planning a trip there I phoned and asked if it would be alright to stop by and snap a few pics. He told me I was more than welcome, and that they do in fact much prefer you to call in advance. The sad part is, I finally had confirmation to come by but then something came up quite quick, and the trip had to be cancelled. I am, however, spending this weekend in Calgary. Maybe I will phone ZR and go get a looksey at the Murcielago Roadster, because I could not make it to Edmonton for the show because of the less-than-perfect highway conditions. If I do stop by there, maybe I will let you know how it went. I have discovered that it's hard to get accepted and started into this crowd when you are only 16 years old ;)

5. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin

isnt it sad how stero typed teens have become? I mean were looked at like were street punks out for no good. wtf is up with that?

anyways, yea fill us in on how the trip goes. The Murcielago Roadster looks pretty sick. Hope the trip goes well

martin

6. tanner07

tanner07 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Olds, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Tanner Wiberg
    It is quite sad. I am quite educated with these cars, ESPECIALLY when you compare me to other kids. They think I am just a know-nothing teenager who is there to cause trouble for something to do. Well, no, I am there because I cannot get enough of these cars and there is a lack of good events in this area. But mark my words, one day I will own these cars.

7. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin

I am half educated in the world of cars. I read the typical Motor Trend, Road And Track, Car and Driver, and a few others. But I do know some stuff on generic cars. Start going into history and I wouldnt have a clue. But yes people treat me like I know nothing. When I walked into the Porsche dealer the guy came right up to me. Go into a chevy or Volkswagen dealer and the guys don't look at you twice. So when I left the GM dealer I said to my self out loud, I guess I wont ever buy a GM brand car.

MARK MY WORDS! I will own a super high preformance car.

P.S. Tanner, if your into porsche's and BMW M3/M5 and a few S4's. Go down to the sun center its just by mount royal colledge in the old army baracks. Its a used car sale but they have a few nice cars there. Some 911 turbos,an M5. S4,H2,M3cabrio and hardtop, a mini and some mercedes and what not. I went there last night. No one was there and everyone went and helped me out and told me about the cars and stuff.

8. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Who is hosting this sale?

How long is it on for?

9. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

It's nothing special....the local high end franchised dealer's rented the hanger and parked a bunch of cars inside....BMW, MB, Porsche + Audi, etc.......it's over now.

10. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Ah, thanks.

BTW, saw your RR over at Ed and Randy's place. I did a double-take.

It isn't often you see a Rolls sitting around, especially at this time of year.

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Glenn....

Kool......isn't it ??......when I am done with the minor interior resto it needs it'll go up for sale......I'm in a bind right now as I can't move it into my new showroom for another 10 days while the epoxy floor cures.....so my cars are everywhere.

Darn thing turns heads more than any car I have ever driven......except for a Diablo......

12. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

UUUUMMMM Hello, when did this happen Keith?! Details please and Obrigado! Please don't forget the little guys out here in T.O :)

Congratz BTW! ;)

Vasco.R

13. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    any news on when the calgary auto show is? not that it has exotic cars but I like it because there are tonnes of cars at my disposal. so i dont have to go around to all the dealer ships and check em out. The WRX STI has to be one of my favourite cars at the show

14. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Keith, where is your new showroom going to be located?

15. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Vasco and Glenn....you have PM......

16. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    you wouldnt mind if a kid swung by your showroom when it was finished do you kds?

17. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Thanks, mang.

Will check it out when you open up. Congrats!

18. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
  19. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    only two or so weeks till the calgary auto show. woot

20. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    kurt @ fov mentioned to me that they were trying hard to get a couple of cars and a display out here for the show. same for mcl.

21. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Sure they display the cars but they dont let you sit in them. They had the Saleen S7 there last year but it was off limits by the red velet rope.

22. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    can you say wear and tear? duh.

23. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I understand wear and tear. But I went to the porsche dealer ship before the auto show. They let me sit in the cars that were in the dealership there. I go to the auto show and the cars are locked. Sure there is like 10000 more people there but at least unlock one car

24. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I remebered something. This past august, I was out playing hockey and I heard what I thought was one of those honda sport bikes. it turned my street corner and it turned out to be a silver sports car. Not sure if it was a ferrari or not, I didnt get a good look at it. It may have been a Pagani Zonda. How many Zonda's does canada have?

25. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco