The Cheeta LIVES!! | Page 22 | FerrariChat

The Cheeta LIVES!!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #526 Napolis, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The one thing the Boot and other things have taught me is that Steve was the real deal.

It makes me very happy that everyone who worked on it is so happy that it's still rocking and is always eager to give Sal information on how to keep it that way.

Every time I drive it I think of Steve and Bud.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

the boot, she is good hands!

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Steve checked all the boxes.

We should all be so lucky.

RIP.

4. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Anything that'll tear up a golf course, gets a BIG thumbs up from me.

5. Jasperlambo

Jasperlambo Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    let's keep the (very interesting in multiple ways) thread on topic please: Cheetah

(Cheat-ah ? )

6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #531 Rifledriver, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013

In that spirit I need to clarify for Roy and whoever else that I do not think Roy is intentionally trying to decieve. Quite the contrary, I think he is very enthusiastically trying to bring back to the fore what is in his opinion a very important piece of Lambo history but I also believe in his zeal he is skipping a lot of steps required to prove his case. The lawyers on TV like to say "You can't unring a bell". If he isn't careful he won't ever be able to sell the idea to a widespread audience of his claims and if this is really the real deal, or even if it is only parts of the real deal that would be a shame. If it is the real thing and underwent many incarnations in the development process connecting the dots is needed and in my opinion many of those dots may be getting inadvertantly covered up in an unwise restoration process. And however much Roy wants to believe in it he cannot simply hold up a red ball and expect us to believe it is blue because he says so.

I once did considerable work on a 275 GTB that was a mule for the comp cars and had many changes over its early life. It was easy to see on the frame rails where it had once had the motor and transaxle mounts in different locations. All over that car were signs and evidence. On this project all that needs to be looked for, recorded and explained. An obvious difference in wheel base can't be ignored. An obvious difference in track can't be ignored. Stevie Wonder could see inconsistencies.

He chose the role of archaeologist, he needs to be mindful of the job description.

7. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Thank you ...well said..a lot of information on this thread from many here is all being looked at...and it is helpful..I thank all for that. I will agree that I get excited fast, and against the wishes of others involved in this project I speak soon and openly, which does cause for questions as it goes along..but I also want everyone to be assured that I am not trying to make this something it is not..

with that I am slowing down and backing off to allow the experts that are being brought into this project at this time to do their work and we can go from there..

for the record, I firmly believe, based on my information, my talks with many invloved, seeing it with my own eyes etc etc..that at best it is the Geneva vehicle that has had cosmetic modifications done to it after it left MTI to Teledyne..and at worst it is 1 of a possible 2-3 later prototype versions built by Teledyne from the orginal one with their modofications added. I also firmly belive, as stated prior, that the hood, engine, driveline and the tires (not the wheels) as well as seat frames, doors, dash pieces, ODO guage and other misc items are without question from the original Cheetah.

I really cant do anything else at this time....but I will be happy to share as we get, either posative or negative investigative results. Regardless, it will be present at Quail...if for nothing else then a nice piece of past days machinery to admire and bring back memorys and strike about many many differnt theorys and fun conversations.

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Great, I look forward to seeing it at some point.

I do not profess to be a Lambo historian so I won't try to make or break any connection between it and the LM but as I said I am the current caretaker of an LM002 in a color not dissimilar to your Cheeta so I do find it of interest.

9. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Ok, conspiracy theory:
    Roy, who had said he will not present this vehicle until Quail. However, he starts posting pictures.........and waits. I think he is smartly showing it and all it's faults for people to point out, and for them to say the corrected way it should be....and he passes the info onto to his restorer.

You want to bet the axel gets centered, the tail lights correct, the rear body shaped correctly, the roll bar welded in its correct spots, wheel offset corrected, etc etc etc.

I got the game! :):):):)

But I do know a couple of things that were not mentioned yet ;)

10. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Its like they said about Watergate.

The break in was no big deal.

The coverup got people prison sentences.

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Thats why its called a "Restoration"...it will never ever be 100% orginal..but the best we can do..like you did to your Countach...

12. Jasperlambo

Jasperlambo Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    agreed 100%. My word joke 'Cheat-ah' was not at all intended at Roy, but more or less at the car itself and the way it was possibly presented to Roy.

a word joke, a question mark, nothing more intended and my apologies to Roy if it suggested anything else.

Jasper

13. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Brian, I am glad you say this because it underscores that the questions I have been asked on multiple occasions as to why I would find the vehicle in this thread of any interest are redundant.

I would imagine that anyone who ever found the Lamborghini badge of interest would find this thread to be if interest.

Meanwhile we have all learned a great deal, which is always a good thing.

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    ? Pray tell.

15. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  16. abolfaz

abolfaz Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2005
    Coral Gables
    I wonder why you'd paint the outside of the wheel but not the inside?

17. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Because they are not the orginal wheels..just quick spray for mock up purpose..will not be used on final project..just for show and rolling around currently

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for sharing.

The top image shows clearly the much-discussed wheelbase issue, and puts paid to the maligned theory of an optical illusion.

Cheetah1965 likes this.
  19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    So. What's happening with this vehicle, and is it making it to Quail?

20. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Yeah, thread's been quiet.

21. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Not quiet anymore Peter. lol

22. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I woudlnt be surprised Peter if that number was more like 30k.

Have him show proof of the $100k number by way of a wire transfer receipt showing the money went to the seller of such said vehicle then I'll believe that $100k number.

I know for a FACT Roy is known to lowball sellers (watch him defend my statement lol) I would be willing to bet the farm there's no way on GOD's green Earth that he paid 100k for that. NO WAY NO HOW, and if he did what the heck was he smoke'n.

I honestly wasn't interested in this thread, you could see the BS a come'n within the first few posts so I gave up on it early on.

Yet another Cat in the corner type of thread.

23. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Like I said in the other thread.

I'm currently selling tickets to the Sackey Cats show for $10 bucks.

It'll be $20 bucks at the door for you procrastinators. lol

I'll also be selling the unedited DVD documentary for $15 for those that can't witness it live.

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So what are you trying to say? Will there be forthcoming info which will blow the lid off of this barn find "Lamborghini"?

25. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I'm sure when those two get together it will be an event not to be missed.

Did I mention all the popcorn you could possibly eat is included in the price of admission? lol