The Cheeta LIVES!! | Page 23 | FerrariChat

The Cheeta LIVES!!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    In all seriousness, at this point, my involvement & special interest in this vehicle claimed to be a Cheetah is well-documented within this thread, and, my continued interest remains the same as anyone who has heard of this unfortunate saga in the Lamborghini world: the substantiation, or otherwise, of the claims made in posts 1, 3, 30, 49 etc about the vehicle depicted in this thread.

Inquiring minds in the community wish to know if this vehicle is what it was represented to be at the beginning of his thread, or not. Very simple.

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #552 Peter K., Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I came across this looking for things 1978, my car.

Maybe this will help Roy and other following this. 1977 Car&Driver. I could not post it larger but the first paragraph says "fiberglass-bodied".
    Would that make sense? I don't remember if Roy's had fiberglass on his. I know some of it is metal.
    Would make sense that the roof and possibly center is metal.

In any case, I hope this helps or adds to the mystery.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Peter,

Roy says his vehicle has a metal body.

I already posted this article wherein Car & Driver inspected the Geneva car and found it to be "fiberglass-bodied". Most missed the significance of my posting.

Separately, I have noted that the Geneva Cheetah had a fiberglass body, not aluminum. Independent corroboration is one thing, a paid informant validating what's in front of you is entirely another.

Also, most noted references culled from period notes clearly state it had a Fiberglass body. There is a reason for this.

Classic Concepts: 1977 Lamborghini Cheetah - Classic Driver - MAGAZINE - features

I notice the Lamborcars site's reporting on this vehicle has been changed in recent times
    Cheetah - the STORY on LamboCARS.com

Cheetah1965 likes this.
  4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Forgot to mention, that's the August 1977 issue of C&D for anyone who wants to research it, available on EBay I believe.

5. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Joe, we get your point. Over and over and over...

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    If you have anything useful to add besides this post and your last http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142075214-post246.html, please share.

This thread happens to contain many lessons for all involved in the car hobby, including yourself.

Cheetah1965 likes this.
  7. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The useful information I have to share, and share I will, is that you should get off your bent to disparage Roy. You two bicker like children - you in particular.

I have certainly learned a few useful facts about those trading in the business of vintage Lamborghinis, as I will be in the market for one shortly.

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Understood. When you have any info on the the thread's topic the Cheetah, feel free to add that too.

Cheetah1965 likes this.
  9. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Pretty easy to tell from just the pics that the roll bars, frame, underside, sidesetc etc are from metal..obvious they cant be fiberglass..the top is made out of material..it was a snap on off item...

I would have to check with Steve to make sure, as I dont have the truck with me, but I think the only parts that are of a fiberglass type are the front and rear decks that fold out like a clam shell...

10. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    intresting how with each "re-write" of this persons website the info changes...but at least it is more accurate each time...

Cheetah - the STORY on LamboCARS.com

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    #561 roytoy2003, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I dont mind posting some of the tons and tons of info we have gathered on this vehicle from people in the KNOW and first hand re-collections...here is a sample..funny IMO

This just sparked another memory I could add to the Chronology. Lamborghini gave photos and other data to Tamiya to make a radio controlled fairly accurate 1/12 scale model kit, also in violation of our contract. I contacted Tamiya about doing this without MTI approval and assistance. They said that Lamborghini gave them permission (Ubaldo Scarzi again). Tamiya offered to give us an apology and a hundred free kits, fob San Jose, CA. I accepted two, one each for **** and I. What would we do with a hundred of these kits … fill up our garages? **** built his, but I didn’t. I still have it in the original box as a souvenir. Later, the kits became rare and were selling on e-bay for $500+ each. Go figure!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    You never shock me...but in case anyone else missed it here...Mr Joe Sackey is now claiming...correct me if I am wrong Mr Joe Sackey...that I am a Liar and am willing to KNOWINGLY creat false information with the use of "Paid Liars"...

That I am using "a paid informant validating what's in front of you is entirely another."

HMMMMM lets review..it appears only ONE of us here is named as an INDIVIDUAL in an on-going alledged Lawsuit that has allegations by multiple person(s) of mis-repesentation, it has yet to be adjuticated..and or completed, so its only "Aledged" statements at this time....had to add that so I dont get another Legal threating letter from Joe's Mouth Piece..who I am sure he has on "speed dial"

13. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum

Why not donate a couple to the lamborghinifestival to help kids with cancer.

Be a hero not a zero!

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Here us what I actually said:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142165814-post553.html
    "Independent corroboration is one thing, a paid informant validating what's in front of you is entirely another". Nothing more, nothing less, not your misrepresentation. Anyone knows that if someone is on your payroll, they ain't exactly unbiased!

Sorry to disappoint, the plaintiff who named me in a bogus case 5-times-rejected by the courts (speaks for itself) has now asked to settle to dismiss as we all knew would be the case.

Yes, I have a great attorney, and when you committed clear-cut slander, he gave you a legal ultimatum, and you put your tail between your legs and took down the threads. Why didn't you leave them up and see what happens to you? Try it again and see what happens. If I wanted to stoop to your level, I would simply post up the full details of your multiple arrests for drunk driving. How many times is that, 4 or 5?

Back on topic, nothing you have said in this entire thread supports your claims in posts 1, 3, 30 & 49. Nothing you have posted shows this is the Geneva show car. In fact, many of your bogus claims have been disproved in this very thread, and this thread has only served to cast doubt upon whatever it is you think you have. Re-read it in its entirely, or, better still have someone read it and explain it to you.

Buckle up, I'll save the best for last.

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I don't own them...so I have no say what is done with them.

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Cute story, yes its really funny.

And it proves what? That the vehicle in your possession is the Geneva Show car, or that the claims you have made are valid? Go ahead & post the "some of the tons & tons of info" as you say you will....

17. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Are they serious? I think it's a little premature to post Roy's vehicle on there.
    As I have said in the past, What make them the experts? Do they have more knowledge than the members here?

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Peter, I have spoken with Mark Smeyers privately, and lets just say that his personal opinion mirrors the obvious popular consensus.

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I have told you in the past..I have nothing to hide, I do not need a Lawyer to write someone a song and dance about what is posted here Talk about keyboard cowboy)..I OWN everything I have done in my life..the Good, the Bad and the Ugly...I did not PUT my tail between my legs..I was just advised by my Lawyer that the fee's to mitigate your "un-substanied" claims would buy me another 1986 Blue Countach DD that "had no needs"..didnt want that happening again..but of course you did not own that either..your answer was "I just passed on what the owner told me"..

OF course you state your "Civil issue" is "gone" now..I guess I will believe that when I see the final papers from the court..but lets make sure we have it correct..was it dismissed with out Prejudice..or was it settled "out of court"...totaly two different things..

As far as DUI..your wrong, it was only 3 stops in a bad time in my life a while back...I thank my lucky starts that I did not hurt myself or any other inoccent party..thats what matters to me..but also for the record..yes "arrested" but only 1 conviction for Neg driving..the other two were dismissed due to a BAC of well below the legal limit of .08...both a .05. Maybe you have not checked lately, but Alchol is a cureable disease..last I checked...civil violations of "alleged" cheating, money taking and out and out false hoods is a pattern of dis-honesty and character..not a disease?? I find it flattering that you spent the time and money to dig out my records...they are all Public and anyone for a fee can obtain them...thats the nice thing of our "all open society"....

I am sure each and everyone of us over the age of 17 has some thing in their closet..if you dont..you should honestly move back to England and start your own Religion there..

20. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Not posted to prove anything..just a nice addition of past facts..

I will advsie you one again for the last time...at your request, the vehicle is being gone over by multiple experts....all of which are licensed professionals in their field and I am sure would not risk their reputations and names to LIE about a item as this for me...just total non-sense.

You have been invited to view it and all documentation at Quail in 2013. You have been advised that I am happy to let you crawl all over it, view everything I have..and more then happy to speak what your thoughts are and your conclusions then...I will be happy to engage in any spirited conversation with you in the "live flesh" at that time..

I must also say, due to your past "Assaultive" comments and your post of wishing to do bodily harm to me...that I will make sure and Aid Car is close by...I am not a physical agitator, I leave that for ignorant people that need to use their fists instead of their mouth..but if you assulat me (LOL) once I get up...and after your wife bails you out of Jail...it will be a pleasure to put your Lawyer to a work on a REAL case..

21. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I have never spoken to anyone related with this site, so I have no idea where they are getting their info from.

22. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I do not know Mark, nor have ever spoken to him....

and lets just say, ..kind of wierd that he would post the info publicly...for all to see and his name sake and reputation...BUT Privately he tells you he does not believe what he posts in his OWN web site?? Yea OK LOL

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Roy Cats: Lets cut the crap (I don't even read half your drivel) and get firmly back on topic, and that is the vehicle you are claiming to be the Lamborghini Cheetah.

WHAT do you have to substantiate the claims you made in this thread to the entire Lamborghini community in posts 1, 3, 30 & 49??

The fact remains that even you are not sure what you have and as Jim suggested:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142084467-post496.html

Have you now changed your disposition from this post?
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142086168-post532.html

24. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    To bad...you should read it all...maybe you will learn something....

This topic has NOTHING to do with you..you had your chance at this vehicle..you passed on it..for better or worse..you washed your hands of it...your choice..

..it will be at Quail for all to view and I am SURE you will be first in line...

Then you can post immediately your view of the vehicle on your wireless laptop from the show...

AND FYI...this is "Hardley" the entire Lamborghini Community..not even a major fraction of it...just a place for pretty much the same handful of people to post over and over and over..I am one of those offenders...but you are the "Sheriff" of this little empire as I recall you claming....

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thats not what he said. Apparently misrepresentation is your stock in trade. The general consensus is the same thing you face: you haven't a clue to any certainty what you have, and you certainly haven't been able o prove anything in this thread thus far. If anything, this thread has only served to assure everyone that your initial claims cannot be substantiated.

By the way, nobody is going to take seriously a 10-minute "revelation" of the documentation of this vehicle 10 minutes prior to inspection in a public setting at Quail :rolleyes: Even with an auction you can obtain all documentation prior. Ridiculous.