The Exotic Warranty Company | Page 13 | FerrariChat

The Exotic Warranty Company

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by noahlh, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III
    I am only on page 10, AND I LOVE IT!!! My new f-car I have had only two weeks was smashed by a drunk driver and I am hoping that this thread will keep me entertained until it is fixed! Maybe Ben will be out of business by then! Teddy

2. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I just read 4 or 5 pages of posts that I missed this evening...I am stunt that you make representation on behalf of Ben and his company and continuously trying to change the subject and keep pointing to Rob for evidence. Obviously, you are beating around the bush and not answering all the questions directly Tillman asked you. If you go back and read the pdf files posted you will realize there are few misrepresentations by EWC's. And I have several emails from Ben that fall into the same category regarding the denial of coverage for the manifolds. I wrote Ben a letter back in February 3rd, 2005: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134909141&postcount=122

and asked him in good faith to either settle the claim or refund the premium, at which time he informed me the premium is non-refundable. I have a signed contract with EWC that does not say the policy is not refundable. I talked with four retailers of EWC prior to deciding to sign the contract. I called them earlier this year and one of them was forthcoming when I said I am making a formal complaint, and said her customers are in the same predicament as I, and she further added that they would not endorse or sell your policies anymore. I can also post her name and number for others to call and verify this.

As I stated previously, I am going to litigate and as you say this may not be the forum to settle the differences but Rob was impartial to EWC by letting you and others to defend it. And all you have done in their defense is rhetoric, nothing factual/verifiable anyone can take to see EWC is not engaging in defrauding its customers.

3. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    This is problematic in the first place. How can a sponsor be a moderator? Or better yet, how can a nutcase Catholic hater be a sponsor or a moderator? http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134879019&postcount=40
    Oh how exciting - Martin takes a read on the contract - which by the way was posted earlier - so knock yourself out.

Martin how is the glass house? You admonishing Rob is laughable given your plunges off the deep end. http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134879019&postcount=40

Martin - newsflash - there are 3 pages to this thread - did you miss a few? The contract was posted. We have seen many supporting documents from customers. What we have not seen is anyone of the touted "satisfied customers" stepping up. We have not seen any indication that EWC does anything but try and reject claims.

I ask you Martin - have you ever done any business with EWC? Have you referred customers to them? Have you been paid referral fees? Has EWC referred you business?

Something smells fishy here. Why would a [post=134879019]wacky[/post] Florida car salesman like you defend a Florida based company like EWC? Please describe any relationship with EWC.

Martin - so to sum it up: You are a sponsor. You bad mouth the President. You bad mouth Catholics. You are pissed off at everyone that is in the anti EWC camp and now you bash the site owner. It must be nice to have so much business that you can offend so many potential customers (e.g. Catholics, Republicans, etc). I stand by what I have stated from the beginning - I would never do business with you. You are an offensive sponsor.

4. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Specifically what points don't the two in this thread *not* tell?

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The Trabant logo on his website kills me.

6. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Let justice reign until the heaven's fall....or however that saying goes. Some would argue that this thread is abusive, but in a world full of shams and deceit, this forum serves well towards the interest of our community.

If a business is screwing-over Ferrari owners, such subject has every bit of business being here: I wanna know about it. I've seen no happy customers come forward, simple as that.

I just wish this whole thread was available on video, it's too long to read. Someone should condense it and send it to the writers to be made into an episode of The Simpson's.

7. angelboy

angelboy Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Up North - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My eyes are hurting and I feel sick

8. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    After carefully reading the many many repetitive posts that Sloan83qv has made on this subject, it is totally clear he is trying to spin this into a silly argument and bore the readers (and potential clients) while the fact that Exotic Warranty Company writes policies and has no intentions to meet their contractual obligation in paying warranty claims goes into oblivion.

I strongly believe if Sloan83qv does not have anything substantial to add he should be banned to post.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    1099 instead of 1040.

Bend over.

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I hope the combatants have had a good night's sleep. Sloan: Did you make it clear at the outset that you worked "for" EWC?
    I have tried to be very neutral in this thread but frankly, i don't think your attitude or persistence here is doing you (or perhaps more importantly, EWC) any good.
    If you want to take the high road, do it- but don't keep parsing the same words from Rob over, and over, and over- you made your point at the outset, and from there, it just turned into a flame war which detracts from your credibility, and that of EWC-
    Are you posting with their knowledge or authority?

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Paul
    What part of CRIMINAL FRAUD don't you under stand?
    Cheryl's letter to the AG on behalf of Ben's Co. is, as I have stated and neither she, Ben nor anyone has refuted, remains IMO CRIMINAL FRAUD.
    Jim

12. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    All clear now ... with this terrible publicity ... there won't likely be no next stage ... and I suppose that means no (or minimum) paycheck for you.

There are negative threads about companies every day ... but you just had to stir the pot again and again ... where you making sure everyone would dislike you and EWC? I sure do now ...

13. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Cheryl's letter to the AG. Claiming that exhaust valves, which are clearly a part of the valve train, are not covered. IMO once again a clear case to deceive a governmental official.

What part of that is not intention to deceive? What part of stating that they are not a covered part when they clearly are isn't fraud? What part of lying to a governmental investigatory official isn't criminal fraud?

Please, as their representative tell us all how I'm wrong.

You may want to take a deep breath before you get yourself into very serious trouble by attempting to raise money for a Co. that has committed these acts.

If I'm wrong about any of the above please state why.

IMO Rob understated the seriousness of this situation.

14. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Never have met ben knowingly that I can remember or have ever offered or sold or referred anybody to EWC or any other warranty company. In fact I am a strong opponent of warranty companies in general. My opinion is that if you spend $ 3000 on a almost new 360M in warranty you are much better of saving that money and paying your mechanic direct.

The problem here is a misunderstanding. I know first hand that a lot of Exotic collectors have thier collections in corporations. The company that noah has his cas under does not say rental car. So there is a good possibility that this was miscommunicated. And that may have been the very reason why EWC refunded the money.

As I said before my position here is that Rob made a statement he should not have made and yes I read it as such.

As a clarification once and for all:
    Robs comment does not say defraud but implies it. By saying you write policies all day and have no intention to pay claims you are giving the scenario of fraud with the intention in front that would be "intention to defraud". Certainly an arguable point in court in a dafarmation suit!

15. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    James:
    exhaust valves are part of the exhaust system and are not lubricated. In general I agree though that they are part of the drive train and I also agree they should be covered under their agreement.
    One thing we have not seen though is why they failed and had to be replaced. 412guy does not want to disclose that because of possible litigation. So we have nothing here either.
    If I look at all the evidence presented I can not come to any conclusion of guilt or make a statement of intentional fraud.

In general I can only say that if 412Guy thinks he has a good case and the arguments are on his side (which they very well may) then sue then in court. Heck I have a case against an insurance company right now that does not want to pay a claim. Its a civil matter.

I think Bill needs to drive his car more often to have some warranty claim made and see how they handle his case. What do you say Bill? 2000 Miles in 5 days :)

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I stayed out of this one for a reason. Nothing anyone of us can say could possibly do more harm to the business prospects of EWC than Paul has done himself.

Good grief. It's clear he doesn't consider ANY OF US PROSPECTS FOR HIS COMPANY.

15,000 members, certainly 5,000 owners, or more, of cars that EWC could insure, and, I would think, would like to insure. (Not every car owned here is an old Ferrari.)

However, not a single post from a satisfied customer, and a dozen or more angry posts from a principal in the company.

I think that says it all.

Dave M.

17. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Let's just see what Ben has to say about paying claims.

oroginally posted here.
    http://www.flashoffroad.com/features/buyingTrucks/warranties.htm

How about what their contract covers?

This does not sound like the contract we've all been told about.

Does Ben make money?

You decide on your own.

18. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I think you mean 1099 instead of W2, right?

19. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Good Morning All:

The only person that I will respond to is 4i2guy and I will tell him to litigate as he threatened I want to see him present his case. What this guy doesn't tell you all is just so amazing. His atty has told him that he will win and we will cover all his costs and fee's (according to his posts).

I look forward to posting his deposition and that will be a completetly different story then the one he tells here. I hope he has told his lawyer the "whole" story.

Keep fanning the flames 4i2guy as eventually you will have to come clean.

As to the rest of you I have nothing more to add. Let the "hunt" continue. "talk amongst yourselfs".

Paul Sloan

By the way when you have paid out in excess of $100,000 in claims I can assure that we have happy customers.

20. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    If you crash your car without having insurance, go to the insurance co and write a full coverage policy, then refuse to show them the car before the policy becomes effective, then file a claim...what does that make the insurance company ? A criminal fraud?
    What would that make the person filing the claim then?

(disclaimer: this has nothing to do with the original poster of this thread)

21. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    For the past couple days i have been stewing inside, while observing posts made by fellow friends and business clientel. I am very concerned with this situation. Last year Ben befriended my father and I, subsequently i felt very confident in giving him information that would help sell his car in return for commission that was agreed upon. Ben blantantly sold the car from around us working with the dealer. We are still waiting for our commission and any acknowledgement he did wrong. Even a thanks would have been nice. The sales person from the dealer was later fired because of many other inconsistant dealings and the dealer told us there was nothing we could do, we got screwed. I felt very responsible because i had introduced Ben to my father and instructed my father not to worry about giving Ben any contact numbers or information where he could go around us. My father who has been in the car business for over 30 years was not mad as he found this was a great lesson for me. I felt mislead and wronged. Ben would not admit to his fault.

I do not think anyone is perfect yet i hope Ben only realizes that his occasional negative practices are only hurting himself. I hope he can learn we are here for others not only the good of ourselves. I dont mean to preach but i study the Chinese practice of Guan-Chee. It is a business practice where commission and compensation is not always monetary, it is valued in respect and often returned by informal gestures of goodness. These are things we cannot purchase with a $2000 commission. By making respect so important, Guan-Chee helps society as it brings trust back into our world.

I hope that good can come out of this and i hope that we can all work together to make sure we not only find the facts but FIX the problem. Sometimes we need to fess up to our mistakes and admit our wrongs.

I am sorry for all parties involved.

22. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    As a 9th grade drop out, it is amazing how far Ben got with this.

"I quit High School in the 9th grade to attend community college. One semester of community college and that was it for me. "

23. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Actually no..... I think we are all curious how deep a hole you are going to dig for yourself.

I did

24. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III
    I have not said much and mostly just glad to know what I now know. But I have to wonder how it has not really been stressed that paying out only $100k in claims and being is business 2 years is nothing!! That could be no more than a few repairs on exotics! A pair of CATS on a 355 are 8-10k!! A timing belt goes and it could be 30-50k! To me, saying they have paid out $100k(only) is confirming that hardly no claims have been paid. $100k!!! In two years!!! A mere handful of us F-chatters with F-cars could easily spend that much on repairs in two years when you add us all together. Anyway, like I said, It just seems to say to me that they have paid out virtually nothing.

Teddy

25. TG3

TG3 Karting

Mar 27, 2005
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Teddy Solomon III
    By the way, since I know the mods are watching this one closely, It seems a good time to ask a question. I just bought my first F-car a few weeks ago. Hit by a drunk driver and it is already smashed. So, I have F-car shopped, purchased, had major service done, had it smashed after owning it two weeks to the day, and am now having to go through the learning process about repairs and $$. When do I get to not be a "rookie" anymore? Does all this deserve an honorary graduation out of "rookie" status? Thanks

Teddy