The FXX K Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The FXX K Thread

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by MisterMaranello, Jul 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scuderia92

scuderia92 Formula Junior

May 23, 2013
    Ah ok :) No problem, difference between 360 and 430 is quite big.

2. glendon

glendon Karting

Sep 13, 2013
    The original fxx and 599xx were both test beds for newer cars. Both were released much after the cars they were based on. Why is ferrari rushing the development of the laf xx?

3. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Rushing? It's not being rushed. It has been a long time since 599XX. Compare it with the gap in launch dates with FXX and 599XX respectively, it's not rushed.

4. glendon

glendon Karting

Sep 13, 2013
    What i meant was the laf is still in early stages of its production cycle and its already got an xx version. 599 was not a limited run car and took 3 years to get an xx version and the enzo only got one after its limited production run

5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    is there any possibility of a f12 based xx car?

6. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

Doubt it. The technology on LaF XX will be so advanced it would seem redudant retro-fitting it to a potential F12XX. For instance it would not make sense to put the hybrid drive system on LaF on an F12XX when LaF is already available.

Now for future turbo developments, a 458M XX would be very cool.

7. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    As well as what Mr. Maranello has mentioned above, I also believe they are preferring to make SP projects out of F12's, so that those are the "special" F12's.

8. BlackRivazza

BlackRivazza Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2006
    Goettingen / Germany
    Full Name:
    Jens M.
    Talking about new model presentations: I guess they will present the LaF XX at the Finali Mondiali to the small crowd of potential owners / XX program drivers and will make it's official debut in Geneva - or probably some other model / variation in Geneva? Following their recent hisory, I think we will see the official launch of the 458 M (or whatever it will be named) in Frankfurt - Ferrari unveiled almost all their V8 models (mid-rear) in Frankfurt in recent years (F430 C, 430 Scud, 458, 458 Spider, 458 Speciale). Anyway, with Marchionne in the lead we may see some changes in this cycle... although I doubt they will present a new model in Detroit! Thoughts?

9. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Hope we'll see them soon. I don't want to wait till September 2015 (Frankfurt Motor Show) to finally see successor of 458 italia. So long. McLaren,Lambo introduced new models some time ago.
    As for LaFXX, a few people will have a chance to see at F.Mondiali, but for a wider audience it has to be also presented somewhere. I cant imagine the world without revealing LaFXX in public :-D.

Greetings for all.

10. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #110 MisterMaranello, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

Not Geneva. Never launch two models the same place! Always have full attention on one model (hence why Ferrari does not bring LaF to shows, to prevent it drawing attention from Cali T, Speciale, Speciale A etc.). 458M will be a very important car for Ferrari, as it represent a change in direction and new era technologically. The first mid engine perfomance coupe with a turbo since F40.

If the dates had been a bit different I would have been certain of an unveil Bologna Motor Show with LaF XX, but IIRC that crashes with Finali (or is at least very close, which minimizes the chance of that being the case). That's where 599XX EVO was unveiled. Actually, when you think about it, Detriot doesn't sound too stupid. Late January is a nice slot inbetween Finali and Geneva. So still time to build up hype over 458M.

I just hope some of the guys here will get a LaF XX, because I missed the shakedown at Imola last time around with 599XX!

11. dennymeister

dennymeister Karting

Jan 30, 2013
    I still think there will be a F12 "GTO" which brings the KERS to the F12 platform

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

A more special F12 will be built, but it won't be hybrid. The Hy-KERS is some years away from making it into another platforn othen than LaFerrari's. The costs are prohibitive. Also Ferrari would never allow another model to step on the toes of its hypercar while that is still in production, or even soon thereafter.

13. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

+1

No F12 KERS. Still at least a full model cycle away from that being a feature on regular production cars IIRC.

That being said, there will be an F12 "HGTE" which will be succeded by an F12M if I've read the five year plan correctly.

14. KillianFr

KillianFr Rookie

Oct 11, 2014
    France
    Full Name:
    Killian
    As far as I'm aware Ferrari said the V12 family will stay N/A but with hybrid technology. Correct?

15. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    They (Ferrari) probably tested sth with a F12 on Nordschleife some time ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC9M6YXhPmU

Beautiful.

16. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe

Correct. Although that was said under Luca's reign. With SM, the future is not so certain.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Even Sergio is not that stupid in order to mess with Luca's brilliant product mix!

18. jikmik

jikmik Karting

Nov 14, 2008
    Denmark , Naestved
    Full Name:
    Jimmy
    Any idea about the name of the car ? laxx , LaFerrarixx or LaFxx or others ?

19. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Probably LaFerrari XX!

20. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #120 kandi, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Besides "obvious" choices ;-) like LaFerrari XX, "LaFXX" is also good. It can stand for all FerrariXX breed, same as LaFerrari meaning 'The' Ferrari. So here, for me, it could be 'The' FXX.
    But, the name it's not so important. Waiting for the upcoming news
    (any). And wonder if Ferrari will strike with another Fiorano lap time.
    LaF of course being the fastest of road cars - 1.19.9 or 1.20.0(seen both cited) and LaFXX also should place some nice numbers here.
    As I can remember 458C was 1.16.5, FXX - 1.16, 599XX Evo stated 1.15.

21. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Imagine a version like the 288 GTO or Evoluzione!!

THAT would be very cool.

22. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Well, the two XXs :-D are reserved for their top range cars. V12 is still on the top, so special 458xx programme would have been more than redundant.
    458s are developed by their gt racing branch, thus 458challenge, gt2, gt3 cars. They sell many of them to the racing teams. XXs are very limited series cars.

23. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    458 Challenge was as quick as the FXX?

24. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    And that was time set by an old 458challenge (2010). From 2014, there is an evoluzione specification of 458c, e.g for the 1st time with rear wing.

The times weren't very shocking to me,
    (Even more- I was glad with these times), let's consider that casual 458italia was slower on Fiorano only 0.1s than Enzo.
    Simply we got faster and faster cars. So I wonder what lap time will LaFXX do.

25. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Challenge is as quick and sometimes (certainly with the EVO aerokit) faster than the 599XX which in turn is faster than the FXX. The FXX is fast in a straight line but gets taken in the corners by the 599XX.