The LP560-4 Thread. | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The LP560-4 Thread.

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by dunhill, May 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I do not see any Ferrari content in this thread.

2. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I do not see any content in this thread.

3. ROMALISA

ROMALISA Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    san francisco
    Full Name:
    roman mistiuk
    You're right I guess the relation is that Lambo is one of Ferrari's main competitors. I figured bringing that design issue on the lambo would elevate 430's design. Sorry if this thread wasnt allowed.

4. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    It's allowed. Just the wrong section. It belongs in the other/ cars section, that's all.

Darrell.

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No problem, the mods will move it eventually.

FWIW, I agree, the Gallardo's "wrapover" tail lights were one of its few distinctive features. Not sure why those are gone, other than for the sake of freshening an old model prior to its replacement.

6. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    Well..... copying is kind of a stretch. They only look barely vaguely remotely similar maybe.

7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I really can't see a strong similarity.

8. ROMALISA

ROMALISA Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    san francisco
    Full Name:
    roman mistiuk
    I confess, the words I used were a bit too strong. If you really analize the two, things like proportion, curvature is different. What made be come to my conclusion was the initial impact. That rear end left the 'r8' impression on me. I think its the way that the tail lights are placed. Then there is the grille under the taillights. Finally the quad exhaust. It seems like the method is similar, thus that r8 ish impression.

9. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    202 mph???

to get that the tranny gearing HAS TO BE DIFFERENT!!!

To get 200mph Vroom needed taller tires,remove REV limiter.... and his car had over 750 PWHP!

10. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    To be fair, sure, the basic shapes and forms and how they are placed bear some very coarse resemblance. The gap between the taillights is a telltale indicator of, perhaps, a cross-platform design cue carryover. The Lambo design looks cleaner to me. Generally the cars are different identities.

11. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    So any car with quad exhaust tips, horzontal lights and vents at the back is copying the R8?

12. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LMAO!

13. ROMALISA

ROMALISA Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    san francisco
    Full Name:
    roman mistiuk
    Ofcouse quad exhausts doesn't mean copying the r8. Universally hi horsepower vehicles often use quad exhaust. If you go into a detailed comparison there certainly is a substantial difference. What I am saying is the first impression, the emotion of that rear design looks like an R8.

14. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    Good point, goes to show that more ponies is always just a first step.

15. cantwait

cantwait Rookie

Sep 12, 2006
    you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in any respect.

16. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I like the new front and interior.

I'm not crazy about the smaller headlights, though.

I'm still deciding on the rear of the car...

17. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    I'm am not convinced with this car yet. Everything looks UNFINISHED! It seems partly like an Audi R8 and it looks like Lamborghini made the front overnight. Those headlights ruin the car every time I look at the LP560-4. But of course the interior is beautiful since it was basically the same as in the old one but has the diamond type stitching from the LP640. I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 from initial reaction.

Blake Simon

18. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon

Comparing Lamborghini to RollsRoyce is like calling the Pope a Pedophilic Satan worshiper at the Vatican.

And on a side note Rolls is owned by BMW.

How can you be an Italian company with a CEO named Winkelmann? Lamborghini is not "up scale." Lambo is an Audi product with Audi parts, less Italian heart and more northern European brains. Again, sort of like the Pope. (I don't have anything against the guy.) Since 63' the company has had seven owners.

Lamborghini is not the Marcello Gandini designed company it was. And even then it was tossed like a 18th century Gypsy whore from Chrysler to Megatech to V Power/Mycom and then over to Audi. It's like PrettyWoman, except Julia Roberts has a better rear-end and is actually something I'd drive. Their interiors look like they have been designed at a Sleep Research facility - a bad one at that. All models seem to look like they have been carved from the same piece of square wood. And hats off for adopting Ferrari’s clear engine cover.

Lamborghini would be laughed at by Minardi if they came to the F1 scene now.

It isn’t that they are poorly built, because for a German car, a Lamborghini has to be good; it's just that there isn’t anything interesting anymore in the brand. They build one of their most amazing machines EVER in 08 – the Reventon… It costs more than a Bugatti. “Shmoken zee crack?” The cars they build seem to be echoes of Ferrari's genius "cue the Gallardo Superleggera!" How is it that Lambo think a track based street car is appropriate when the closest they have come to competitive racing has been in 89' and 93' when they were an engine supplier in F1. The company had a 'Lamborghini' Formula 1 team that the corporation didn’t even officially recognize.

For a company that has only built 20 - give or take - models in over 40 years, failed at every motor sport attempt, and has been used by investors and owners like a rectal cue-tip, Lamborghini sits as the fat kid with the gun; hitting hard just because he can.

_J

19. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    The cars have some similar features (i.e. taillights), but overall they are completely different automobiles.

20. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    lol oops
    sorry everyone

21. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    It's called the Reventon. :p

22. CCCP

CCCP Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 26, 2007
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Max
    Oh dear.. you are right! They both are silver and the colour of the tail lights is RED!!! Those copying bastards! :rolleyes:

23. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Uh, last I checked the F40's seems to be holding its own pretty well. Dont get me wrong but I think the DUMB comment bounced right back! :D

24. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    One to drive the wife around and the other for the mistress! :D

25. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    but seriously, what do you think?