The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 97 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    your point being?

2. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    #2402 effer, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    That Michael isn't a Danish nor a girl and wasn't involved in traffic accident ( for that very last time at least ... ) so he won't do it and won't make organ donation ... RIP.

Sorry Folks, I do not want to burst your bubble but as I said earlier, it is absolutely not going well for Michael and his family members are going through an awful nightmare at this very moment. Nobody would like to be in that kind of situation.

For those claiming, in a very selfish and disrespectful manner ( IMO ), the right to know and to have almost an instantaneous medical update because he is a public figure, have you ever thought about all that unnecessary pain and suffering you would endure if, as a Michael's family member, you would have to tell the entire world about how bad Michael's situation is really?

I agree, giving few updates on Michael's conditon opens the door to speculations, but in a certain sense it also contributes to control them.

I repeat, there are no news because it is not going well, otherwise they would be absolutely willing to reassure Michael's fans ... Think about it ...

Just imagine how crazy would tabloids go if they were to tell the truth about how bad his situation is actually because it is the sad reality, Michael will probably not get through this ( unfortunately for Michael it is diffidult to cheat with mother nature ) ...

I understand his family to keep Michael's condition private because, OBVIOUSLY, they don't need extra suffering coming from the entire planet's panic reaction.

You don't understand this? Just look at this thread and look how some people here are going crazy and frenzy with this situation ... And take it as a femto example of what would happen in a planetary proportion ...

Personally, if I was a family member of Michael I could not stand it ...

It is sad but there are big chances that Michael won't do it ...

As well as his seven titles, he doesn't deserve this... It is my opinion and there is no debate about it.

Last thing, his family is absolutely aware that if Michael stays in a vegetative state or dies from his injuries, it will not be the end of their suffering but just the start because they won't be able to escape from the world's reaction, and it may last a long time ...

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Nice to read that. :)

I would of course prefer to have a statement from his actual doctor rather than his PR person, but in this famine scenario we will certainly take what we can get.

>8^)
    ER

5. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  6. rblissjr

rblissjr Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2009
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Robert Bliss
    It's positive news and that puts a smile on my face.

Keep fighting Michael!

7. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    That is not what I meant.:) English can be tricky at times, but when it comes to hospital stuff, sickness etc. then it is nearly impossible to find the right words :eek:

They disconnected all machines and stopped all medication and the doc said she would fade away and end up braindead within a matter of very short time (a day or two as I understood it).

8. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    They don't mention any names on any drugs, the doc in charge say she was getting some sleep medicine, medicine for drainage of the brain, everything they give to keep down the pressure in the brain and keep out fluids.

The doc then proceed to say that she is not brain dead yet. That after they took away all medicine and disconnected all machines, she breathe slowly on her own, and she is coughing slightly when a tube is fed down her throat.

She say.. "With brain death, which hasn't occurred yet, there must be no brain activity at all. But it WILL happen."

Then she go into some detailed stuff.

9. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Great news!

#ForzaMichael

10. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    finally some reasonable news

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 :)

It's not a lot, but given the complete 'blackout' we've been dealing with, it's at least a tiny bit hopeful.

Come on Michael! You can get thru this!
    Ian

12. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
  13. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Interesting Article In F-1 Magazine.

Basically, there is nothing new to report, but the article is interesting.

14. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Yeah, that whole story is weird. But I dont see how the family can sue for anything.. what damages? She woke up, exactly as could happen. This is why there is certain procedures that have to be followed. She woke up, against all odds. Great news for everyone!

15. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    #2415 RS man, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    Gone off tangent unfortunately...... I hope Kehm's news is a glimmer of hope. Still haven't much information as to why there is optimism.

As for the non-brain dead girl, I still believe the information was handled badly hence it has turned into such a hoo hah. One has to be careful presenting rather sensitive information to an upset family. If the Doc said brain-death WILL happen..... big mistake! At the point the patient showed cough reflex and spontaneous breathing, I would be mortified if a Doc actually said WILL happen.

16. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    More forza MS!

Lets continue to hope and stay positive.

Fingers crossed for a full recovery for 2014 !

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That is a good update IMO..

It has a slight error, about his family, as Corinna is pretty famous in the equestrian world, website and all...

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Does that make her a public figure?

19. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
  20. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Nice thought that he put "a message of support" on his car for practice….

21. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Never the brightest boy that Lewis Hamilton... SMH

>8^|
    ER

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008