The Official Countach LP500 Prototype Thread | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Official Countach LP500 Prototype Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by smglop, Oct 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    She's checking on her ride who broke down in his Ferrari up the road.

2. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I remember this car featured in a Norwegian magazine in the early 70s,i was 10-11 years old,the biggest impression was the rear wheel openings,a designers masterstroke, fantastic,big impact on a young boy,choose my path in the design trade,and never turned back. Perhaps the automotive design detail of all time. Fantastic

3. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    The base of the windshield is a natural high pressure area. It's typically used for intake to the cabin on virtually every modern car. Some hp cars even use it to feed the motor i.e. " Cowl Induction "

Wonderful thread btw

4. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Britt Ekland. I wonder who had a Countach first, her or her boyfriend Rod.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    What a wonderful machine. Such clean lines compared tot he busy and agressive production car. The way the roofline sweeps intot he intakes a detail total lost on prd cars. Just so much going on, with such a simplicty of line at the same time, pure art.

Love the clean rear end too.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Completely agree.
    Pete

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I wonder where these models are today who posed with the car. I would be interesting if they possessed any other pictures of it, or if any of them got an opportunity to drive or ride in it.

8. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Where is this car today?

9. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    I'd love to be proven wrong but my best guess is landfill somewhere is northern Italy?

10. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Introduced over 40 years ago, and yet it still looks like it's from the future.

11. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Yeah I know a spectacular car! We need some one like Jim Glickenhause to commission an exact replica. Come on Jim you know you want too !!!!!!! :) (although I might be barking up the wrong Marque with that particular gentleman !??)

12. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    I remember reading the upper side scopes didn't work,thats why the square lids were added,i still think the original LP400 productions cars were the cleanest,,no wings-no flares,,

13. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    It is the first time that I remark it but there is kind of a round lock on the front hood. It appears only on some pictures and it is located just on top of the bull emblem.
    Anybody has a clue?

14. Jasperlambo

Jasperlambo Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    at first the car was only on shows. no need for a lock on the front hood.
    later they started (also) driving it, testing and other photoshoots (like in Athens).
    This also explains the wipers on and off the car. For driving they needed wipers, for a show they took them off. (see the cut-out for the wiper in the top side of the front lid, not present on the earliest pictures, but later on it appears)

15. luke.jenner

luke.jenner Rookie

Apr 4, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Luke
    #49 luke.jenner, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Just seen this. A similar lock was used on the silver pre-production Urraco used for road testing. It looks like a simple carriage lock to me...

BRAVO-V8 likes this.