The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 67 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Agree - some other interesting options would be nice. I am sure 3D printing could be used to provide some bespoke options.

2. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree, carbon and multiple fake or cheap versions of it are now in every car on the market it seems, so no longer the preserve of the super car. Even the expensive to produce aluminium causes debate on here as to if it is plastic or real (it is real, bar the vanes in the air vents) . I should add as a previous carbon addict, I absolutely love my non carbon interior 488 spider, it is a smoked aluminium and looks fantastic, it is not silver, but dark. I even paid a fortune to cover a carbon LED wheel in leather to avoid adding an extra finish to the cabin
    I also love the matt carbon in the TDF, again it looks special. But as Traveller says, time to find something new for Ferrari interior finishes. Not easy as we all know, but we need to have trim that is beyond discussion . Also why can you not get a leather covering on some of the plastic parts of the centre console, or other areas of the car.
    I noted on many of the 70th cars, they kept aluminium, and done well, aluminium is far too expensive for volume makers to replicate. You just need to make sure it looks and feels like metal . Bentley, and I see now Aston, have invested a lot of energy in this area. Hey Ferrari used chrome and wood in the past .... It is not easy I am sure, but 10 years ago you bought a 430 for 100k gbp new. Today the V8 mid engine car is 230k gbp. You can take the money, but at some point you have to also put it back into the product. The mechanics are beyond reproach, the interior look and feel could do well to match up. We should not be on here discussing the perceived leather quality, plastic badges , cost cutting. It really is not becoming of the brand and is not needed with the current list prices and customer willingness to pay.

I really like the 812, and yes sometimes a new Ferrari takes time to digest, but it is a wonderful design and is is seemingly sold out for years , so the buyers agree too. I cannot wait to get mine, and have a TM session at the end of April. Ferrari is still the magic car, the daddy, but please can we have an interior that stops all of these discussions . Please.....

3. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Great Post. Please listen Ferrari.

4. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

I think the use of real metals in the same places the "silver/ali-look" stuff currently is placed would suffice....

5. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    It is metal, that is the problem. On the Lusso only the vanes in air vents are plastic. So it is more about making shapes and form that make it clear it is not aluplastic . Perception as we all know is all. Underneath, a Bentley is a Golf :)
    But you are right , it is about making the user feel the material used is real metal. Some of the recent buttons and switches have been very plastic too, like the window switch operators. It should be solvable with the right willingness.

6. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    They should ask Lapo, i'm sure he has some innovative ideas! :)

I still love carbon, also the glossy version perhaps since the 458 the finish is very good
    and i enjoy it a lot.

Matt version i would prefer today but a new material which give a complete new character
    to the interiores would be great but i'm sure i will always be a carbon addict... :)

7. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
  9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    812 looks planted to me. A seriously muscular machine.

Anxious to read first drive reviews, like you I'm sure.

10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari should offer different paint colors for the metal trim on the interior.
    That way owners could better coordinate it with the interior color choice and their personal taste.

11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    +1

Probably possible through Tailor Made but it's an expensive and complicated process IMO.

12. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    #1663 Griffon83, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They've done it on the F60 America, I guess you can spec it through TailorMade on the other cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Geneva599

Geneva599 Rookie

Mar 13, 2017
    Geneva
    Full Name:
    FJZ
    I am still waiting for any kind of feedback from Ferrari on this. Also my dealer is extremly busy these times.... Guess the easy sales come first....

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  15. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Thanks Marcel. :)

These directional wheels make it look like a '90s Hot Wheels miniature car, only the side "flames" are missing.

16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Love the pics.

I think the wheels would work better if painted a darker grey metallic instead of bright silver.

Like the diamond finish

17. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It could be the liquid silver option for these wheels!
    This would be my choice.

18. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Hello...

Any ideas when the configurator will be up and running???

I was so lucky to see the car in the flesh at the factory and I can't wait to spec mine again!!

Claudio

19. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
  20. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    It sure does!

21. pitonisheee

pitonisheee Karting

Jan 3, 2017
    Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Hetmanski
    #1672 pitonisheee, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    This grey one looks fantastic.

23. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    WOW, this car is amaze-balls in the wild!!

24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Very nice. Best shot yet to show the surfacing. Too bad the bright light doesn't extend to where the top of the front fender crease runs into the crease around the quarter window scoop.

Any more pics from this shoot?