The Ontario Thread! | Page 446 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steveothegreat

steveothegreat Karting

Dec 29, 2004
    Ingersoll ontario
    Full Name:
    Steve Tipping
    Seen a 911 Turbo cab and a nsx in woodstock yesterday. Not big spots by GTA standards, but still nice to see a exotic everynow and again

2. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto

You are correct.2 in Ontario and 1 in Quebec

3. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Thanks for clearing that up for us Aram, How are you enjoying your 722? Do you have any information on the 722 located in Quebec? Is the car in Montreal?

Hope to see you in your 722 or Gallardo again this year at the Grand Prix!

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I just got in from a great evening of watching soccer, dinner and a few drinks with friends in little Italia. To top it all off there is a GORGEOUS rossa 308 GTSi park right on the corner of my street and College St! Anyone here? :)

5. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That explains it! You all must be in the bath house business!

6. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hi A, thanks for the info. I had a feeling there were about 3. The two of which is yours and another fchatter. There was a thrid we heard about being serviced (PDI'd) at headuqarters here in T.O and I guess sent to Quebec?

OUCH! Well Lucas there is the comeback you were asking about LOL.

Well that sucks. However, I can bring some steaks that would definetly make up for it! :D In fact I was just with Helder and we are both hoping these Lotus-based BBQ's will happen soon! :D

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Guys I gotta tell you that after 3 months in Southern California, the spots up here are rare and thin. There is NOTHING you do not see on the road there. On one Sunday I stopped counting Lambos at 15 and Ferraris were too plentiful to keep track of. BTW this was not at a car show; true in the wild spots. Up here the best I've seen in 2 weeks is one 430 coupe.

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    And i bet when they come up for sale in 12 years they will all have 14,000 miles ;)

Glad to see you chime in Rob...hope all is well in those parts !

9. AndruetBiche

AndruetBiche Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2006
    #11134 AndruetBiche, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We bought the first Canadian Elise - my 75 year old mum says its like a British Dino (and she should know she had one for 20 years). No issues so far and our car has been regularly tracked (here at 2006 FIA Canadian Solo Champs 2nd in SS). In fact Helders been bugging us to bring it in. Its been so reliable he hasn't seen it since fall 06. Takes Celica filters so you can DYI cheaply. Bulletproof motor.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    nice to hear...how many ks on it now ...there were no recalls on the car (yet). How are the tires wearing out. I seen one on the road today, and my son said Dad, can we buy one of those. :D:D:D
    Thanks for the write up.

11. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    Ask Luca about the drive with our Elise and the encounter with a flying steel I Beam.

12. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Ah c'mon.........I was expecting something more brutal than that.

:)

13. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Colin Chapman is rolling in his grave.

Elise + chasing cones in a parking lot = fail.

14. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    LOL

Streetcross is another term for... "too scared to go to Mosport".

Driving across St. Clair around 5:30 pm is just as challenging.

15. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Now, that IS funny.

16. sfm

sfm Karting

Oct 21, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Yesterday in Burlington - Red Dino 308 GT4.

17. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    What does your mother drive?

18. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    A Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not very suitable for Streetcross or Mosport. :)

Don't get me wrong, streetcross is very much fun and a safe alternative to race tracks. And it gives the city people a chance to get their cars past 2nd gear!!! LOL

19. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    i see your still making friends on fchat :)

20. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Actually Rick I'm back in TO. Bought myself a Porsche Cayman S to replace the Benz as a daily driver and made the 5000km trek back a couple of weeks ago. The Porsche was VERY comfortable on the drive. I hope to go back next winter after the dumping that took place this year. Maybe next time I'll come back with a 550 Maranello :)

21. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Glad to hear your back Rob. You coming to Mosport in May?

22. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    +1
    Actually my mum (a grandmother) is slowing down and in poor health as shes approaches her 80th. Her last lapping day was Calabogie last year. The Toronto Star did a feature on her in 06 when she picked up the Elise (anybody have Nikas link?).She has lapped Mosport more than most and lapped before there was a Mosport (Edenvale, Rattlesnake Point Hillclimb, Bridgehampton and Watkins Glen street course in the late 40s and eary 50s). She would get a big laugh off your comment. I've seen her get out of Dads Berlinette after a sub 1:40 lap with a grin from ear to ear. Scary......try driving a 18bhp Citroen from Kingston to NYC flat out and back again which she will do in June or a 40s MGTC down an Alpine descent with no brakes after the first switchback. A few years ago she drove her Dino 246 GTS (08106) to Halifax and back for a good friends grandaughters wedding (one day and I better not put the time down). Scary... St Clair at 5:30? Surely you jest. I do it every day (Black Volvo V70 Turbo) school run. All the fun has been taken out since the raised streetcar mess - try detouring into Mt Pleasent Cemetary off Yonge to Mt Pleasent there are a few nice off camber turns........

23. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Wow.....your family has motorsport in its blood. Great story about your mother, my mom thinks Mosport is some sort of Portuguese liquor.....LOLL

Mt Pleasant is a good run, but I prefer the Bayview exit/Rosedale valley rd for some fast bends, fresh air and sound effects. :D

24. AndruetBiche

Oct 7, 2006
    #11149 AndruetBiche, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Agree you can pull some serious Gs there (I got 1.3 on my Yokohama 048 medium compounds there once in the Elise). Sound.... after the Distillery Car Show 2 years ago I drove your route RVR north to Bay ext in the Berlinette with a straight thru pipe off the header ( see pic) to a friends house . He claims to have heard me all the way... every gear change.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    http://www.racerchicks.com/auto/Elise_Bryson.html