The Québec Thread! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Québec Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 512tr, Apr 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Ahhh I miss that little joy of a Street called Cresent. I can imagine how beautiful it looked.

And it's too bad, I know for a fact that there are ALOT of exotics in Montreal. Hopefully soon they will come out and play.

Cheers boys

Vasco.R

2. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    I don't know if you have ever been to Toronto, chances are you have, with being Italian, we all seem to have family there. But everytime I visit Toronto, no matter at what time of day, or day of the week, guaranteed to spot a couple of exotics, whether I am downtown or in the suburbs.

Ok, you were working this afternoon while I was lucky enough to choose a great afternoon to take some time off. But after work you ran an errand with your Ferrari, that's great. Alot of F-Car owners that I have come across in our beautiful city don't even take there cars out on Sundays. Correction, they take them out of the garage, wash it and put it right back in the garage.
    Occasionally, when my wife let's me out on Friday nite to hang around with the boys, the first plan of action is to get that car sparkling. I usually end up at a cafe in Ahunstic where I know of 4 guys that have F-Cars, but they don't take the cars out. Ask them why, the responses: It might rain tonite, I don't like the attention, I don't want to look like a cafone. So what you are calling me a cafone? I really don't get.

I tell you, every chance I get, I'm in that car. My two girls love it too and that encourages me even more. I love it when they say, daddy let's take that beast for a ride? The only problem is that I have to separate them while they are beating the crap out of each other for who gets to go with me. It's always a hard decision. They don't understand the meaning of next time you'll come with me. LOL

Anyways just venting out.
    No offence intended.

3. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

Yes they will Vasco. On GP weekend and then they will go back into hibernation.

LOL!

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    When I attended the Cavallino Classic in 1996, their motto was: Ferrari's are meant to be driven! I remember Nicola at Luigi Sports Cars telling me of a TR that had almost 100K on the odometer....and the engine was never taken out...and didn't need to. A well run (not abused) engine is a healthy engine. I'm having trouble selling my Fiat Spider because it has 159K (well-maintained) kms on it. People unfortunately don't know that a good high mileage car is better that a neglected low mileage car. When I purchaed my 308 last year, it hadn't been driven that much by its previous owner. At the end of the season, after 2700kms, it ran a whole lot better, and I didn't even need to adjust the carbs. All I can say to the garage queens in Montreal is that you do more harm that good, by letting your car sit for long periods of time.

If you don't want to drive your car due to:
    - fear of rain...I can understand that;
    - too much attention...b*llsh*t!! All of us, deep inside, like the attention;
    - makes you look like a cafone...sorry bub, a car does not make you a cafone. YOU make you a cafone.

BTW, I think there is only a handful of F-chatters that know what cafone means LOL!!

Yes, I've been to TO on a few occassions and it's a HUGE city, a tad too intimidating for a campagnolo like myself. Also, whatever family I had there has since passed on.

And finally...where in Ahuntsic? That's where I live!!!

knocker likes this.
  5. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Bernardo! Do not feel "intimidated" When you come to town you call me on my cell and I will take you to where I live (Little Italy/Portugal) And I will show you how you will feel at home. Trust me. I am Portuguese (not Italian - but it's ok ;-) but I grew up here and know where to get the best espresso!

Cheers!

P.S And bring Tony (512) with you it will be fun!

Ciao!

Vasco.R
    Toronto!

6. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie

Thanks for the offer Vasco, I'll hold you to it!!!LOL

When I say I find Toronto intimidating, I'm actually referring to the overall size of your city. I was passing through TO in 99, on my way to Niagra-On-The-Lake, and everything looked so big to me. Even when I used to go to TO in the 70's to play pee-wee hockey tournaments, I was struck by the overall size of everything. Keep in mind that I'm a country boy at heart, and I don't even go to downtown Montreal that much.LOL!!

Cheers

Bernie

7. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    No worries B. I wasnt joking. And although where I live is right close to the hustle and bustle of downtown Toronto, you still get that small European village-kinda feeling you know what I mean? So even a country boy like yourself will like it.

I gotta go, it's early morning and I am heading out in my associate's 6.0 for Lambo day at Mosport. Any Montreallers coming??!!! Really it's ok, I don't think it's gonna rain boys heheh :p And tabernack! No flattbedding either....I want them DRIVEN there.

P.S And Bernardo will that be short or long? ;-)

Ciao Bernardo! Ciao guys.

Vasco.R

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I haven't checked the Toronto thread, but hey I gotta keep this one going ... seems I'm the only one to spot sweet cars ... and I never go downtown!! lol

I spotted a red 360 Spider (or Spyder? ... damn it! a convertible! lmao) you guessed it, just out of Fontainebleau, just around the 640 westbound exit. Shut the radio and opened windows ... and heard nothing :( This must be the first hybrid Ferrari ;)

edit - classicferrari, what are you talking about? Lambo day? today? thursday 13th? WTF? I saw nothing about it on the mosport website ... is it gonna last all the way to this weekend? DAAAAAAAAAAMN!! Didn't want to miss that!! Grrrr.

9. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Done :( Sorry dude. Look for pics. I was only there for like 40 minutes LOL had things to do. But I did take pics. It was just for the day. Im sure they are still there but you may not make it in time from Montreal.

Next year, but I do believe a ferrari day is looming. ;-)

10. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Short please...or shall I say "corto per favore, con sambuca."

11. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I can't believe how hard is to spot a Ferrari in Montreal in this weather.
    Maybe I'm not there at the right moment when there's Ferrari on the street.
    Better off going to FoQ to see some Ferrari.

12. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Actually, I'm just about to take a ride with the wife.....spot me if you can!!LOL

hint: keep your eyes open in St. Leonard and Ahunstic........

13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    lol ,
    Bernardo ,
    Thats it my going there right now.
    If you want to come to Laval , I'm not stoping you. ;)
    No seriously I wish one day I will spot you and your 308 GTS.
    As for now , I gotta go study for an exam tomorrow.

14. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    #39 F40, May 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    John T: Although I don't go to Laval all that often, I do like going for a spin on the back roads of St. Francois, and having breakfast at Moe's (St. Martin) E.. Good luck in your studies.

"No man is poor, except he who lacks knowledge."

Arizonaguy: Was that 360 in the visitor's parking lot...or was it in the teacher's parking lot? LOL!!!

16. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Hmm, you people don't get out much. Just two days ago, I saw two yellow 360's on st-Laurent street (one is often parked next to Med). I see Ferrari's almost every time I am downtown. Saw a silver Gailardo a week ago at Daou.

17. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Teachers parking lot at John Rennie Highschool right across from the point claire library... The car had Florida license plates.

18. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    In downtown or in the little Italy you have more chances to see a Ferrari. The problem is .. I go there not that often.

I see you have a M3!
    Thats a great ride!

19. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I spotted a very nice 996 Turbo just across the street of Ste Justine Hospital, a nice 965 close to the FoQ/Decarie area, and a light blue 360 Spider on the 640 West.
    Surprisingly nice day.
    I really gotta do someting and try taking pics ...

20. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Finally, I spotted some exotics. Yesterday Autoroute 15 South, yellow 355 spider. We had an open stretch of the highway between Cartier and Salaberry (very rare light traffic). So guess what? We went through the gears pretty fast. Took the Henri Bourassa Exit. Didn't want get caught up in Traffic at the Met, and get stared at by the cars we blasted by.

In Auteuil, Blue Maserati.
    In Vimont, Yellow 360 Spider.
    St. Leonard, Yellow 360M.
    In Fabreville, Black 328 GTS.

21. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Ended up side by side with my 308, on Christophe-Colomb northbound, with a light-blue 360 Spyder. Low and behold, it was even an aquaintance of mine...and the son-in-law of a rabid collector in Montreal. Small F-car world in Montreal..no? I yelled out to him: "You should put the top down!" To which smiled and responded by pointing to his wife's freshly-coiffed hair.

Blue skies and warmer weather are here folks...so keep spotting.

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Today I was in Outremont and saw a BMW Z8 (silver) and Porsche 911 Carrera (silver).
    3rd time I see a Z8 in the past 2 years.

23. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Autoroute 15 south Ste-Therese area I saw a DB7.

24. bernardo66

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I was having lunch at Cafe Milano this afternoon. Saw a black/tan 360 Spyder....with the top closed and (I'm assuming) the a/c. What's the point of owning a convertible if you're not going to put the top down, especially on such a (rare) beautiful day. I guess the driver put a considerable amount of hair-spray and gel, and didn't was to mangle his laboriously coiffed mullet hair do.

25. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

LOLLLLL mullet hehehe. Rock the mullet man!!!

I don't understand these people. Top should always be down.