The Swiss Thread | Page 31 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #751 Elsi, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Simon – Great to hear from you! Would be great to see you on Sunday (even if you can’t make it for the tour)!

It looks like there will be some rain in the night from Saturday to Sunday but Sunday noon / afternoon does not look so bad. So let’s do the tour!!

I suggest to meet at 11.30 AM at the same location where we met last time (see pic below):

German side of the border-station just after crossing the Rhine river from Koblenz (CH); there is a wide parking area on the right-handed side.

Konstanzer Straße 4 (next to it)
    79761 Waldshut-Tiengen, Deutschland
    Koordinaten: 47.609702, 8.232080

Looking forward to see you all there!

Markus

PS: The guy with the 458 Spider we met last time in the restaurant should come as well!
    Plus I hope Martin with his 360 Spider will join us as well!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    Hi guys. I will also be joining. See you all on Sunday.

3. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Great!

4. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    Dear all,
    I fear I won't make it tomorrow - there is just too much work around these days. I wish you all the best for your Black Forest ride!
    David

5. Silber

Silber Karting

Jun 6, 2014
    Switzerland
    See you then guys. I passed through the area in my 348 yesterday and found some cracking joining roads - total playground! Looking forward to some more...

6. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Weather doesn't seem to be the best on Sunday but count me in. See you all tomorrow!
    Martin

7. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    David – Too bad! Maybe you want to do your work today, so you are ready to drive on Sunday?

Markus

Great! Looking forward too!

Great Martin!

Yes the forecast is not so good and I guess the roads could be wet when we start but they should be dry the longer we drive… Maybe this is our last meet this year so let's go anyay!

Markus

8. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    Speed limit in Germany is 100 Km on country roads and there are no cameras, so we can go fast, as long as we are safe and do not encounter too many Sunday drivers :)

9. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #759 Elsi, Oct 4, 2015
    While this day started quite cloudy it ended as a beautiful and sunny day with nice people, great cars and some excellent roads.

We had
    Tariq – 512M
    Simon (anubis) – Speciale
    Martin – 458
    Martin – 360
    William – 360
    Remo – 348
    Me- 512 TR

Thanks all for joining!

Markus

10. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #760 Elsi, Oct 4, 2015
  11. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    7 F-cars at the start! Really sad I couldn't make it this time, but great to see the pictures and to hear that you've had fun!
    David

12. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    #762 mdoc3, Oct 5, 2015
    Thank you for this amazing driving day! To some degree, the curvy and narrow roads of the Schwarzwald reminded me of the go-cart track I visited a few days ago with some friends. A different scale but both the same fun.

Here is my little share of photos. Lots of red with a shade of yellow. I really liked the custom-made window in the engine cover of Martin's 458.

Cheers and all the best
    Martin

13. dias7777

dias7777 Karting

Jul 31, 2014
    Hey guys- planning on driving the stelvio pass and going over to milan this weekend. Anyone Want to join?

14. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Snow on the Stelvio.... Be cautious

15. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    #765 William Tell, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    What a summer! Not only did I get a great car, but also met great people and drove some amazing roads. Swiss backroads, Alps, Schwarzwald. I am new to this game but what a great summer this has been. Cars and coffee, Ferrari meets, and just the pure enjoyment of owning a piece of art that travels with you.

I have lived in Switzerland long enough to know we are not perfect and I would like to suggest one improvement :)
    Next summer we drive each others cars more.

16. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #766 Elsi, Oct 11, 2015
    William – This sounds like a love poem! Very nice!

In between we worked on the Ferrari Drivers Club: Dimo did the logo (see below), my wife drafted the rules and regulations (“Statuten”), Simon (anubis) compiled an excellent text for the flyer for new members and I drafted the tours for next year. Will post them soon here.

Stay tuned!

Markus

17. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I agree with every single part of your message William :)

18. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Great job Markus! Please let me know if you need any further help.
    Martin

19. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #769 Elsi, Oct 12, 2015
    Thanks Martin for offering your support! So far it works well but I am glad to know I can come back to you if I need anything.

I drafted the tours for 2016 (sorry I did it in German but I guess the English speaking guys hear should be able to get the idea). See at the very end of this post.

Some comments:

- I also included Swisscabrio Day (a must, this is Remo’s huge event) and Ferrari Day. These are more meet and greet and not driving events. Though I think we could do just a small tour before getting to these events
    - I will try to book Lignières (the only race track in CH). I was there past Saturday with my 575M and it was great. In the morning we had instructions and exercises on the track and in the afternoon we were driving rounds. It is not fast (max 130 kph or so) but fun.

What do you think about the tours 2016 and my comments above? What should be changed or added?

Markus

PS: Some pics from this past Saturday

20. William Tell

William Tell Karting

Sep 2, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Villi
    How about Lignières (the only race track in CH) in December? Is it open? Can we rent it? Will there be snow?

21. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    William – I don’t think that renting Lignières in December is a good idea. Even November could be critical.

But I booked Lignières for next year: Saturday October, 15th 2016. If we are 12 cars/drivers (max 16) we will have the track for us without any other people/cars. We will have 2 instructors to advise us how to drive and to do some (very interesting) exercises. At the end there are several rounds you can do for yourself in two groups: 6-8 cars driving on the track and 6-8 cars watching the others (and cooling down the brakes and tires).

Price is CHF 410 per car/driver without lunch. I will buy some sandwiches and some beverages so we don’t have to go to a restaurant and spend up to two hours for eating. After one hour we could be back on track and I guess the Ferrari Drivers Club will charge CHF 440 including lunch for this event.

I am planning the other tours as well and will post the other dates soon.

Markus

22. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #772 Elsi, Oct 13, 2015
  23. mdoc3

mdoc3 Karting
    Owner

Jun 12, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Looking great, thanks Markus. Putting the concept of driving (and not just admiring) into the center, that's what it is all about :)
    If the weather turns out to be bad in October 2016, is it possible to postpone the event in Lignières at short notice and without additional costs? It's probably better to test the limits of our Ferraris on a dry track first.
    Martin

24. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #774 Elsi, Oct 21, 2015
    Martin – Thanks for your feedback! I am really looking forward to the next year!

The date in October for Lignières is reserved and I have to confirm it by the end of this year. We cannot change the date if it turns out that the weather will be bad. They are quite fully booked and they will bring two instructors only for us.

But if it should be raining this could also be an advantage: Less wear on the tires and on the brakes. Plus we will drive anyway on some wet and slippery surfaces to learn to control our cars. You usually drive slower in these situations and if you stick to the rules they tell you, there is no danger in damaging your car. It may be even more fun on wet roads…

Karl Tobler will also join our club and he mentioned that some guys from his Sunday meeting also indicated that they want to join us! It looks like we will have some members right from the start!

I met Marcel Massini last week and he mentioned that our logo could have some conflicts with Ferrari. So Dimo changed it a bit (see below). We both liked the old logo better but I think we should avoid any conflicts that could arise.

I asked Dimo and Simon (anubis) if they will found the club together with me and I hope we can meet next week to found our Ferrari Drivers Club officially!

Markus

25. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Remo mentioned to me that this coming Saturday, 24.10.2015 there is a meeting for „Premium Italian Cars“ in the Ace Cafe near Luzern. See here Ace Cafe Luzern. I have never been there and have no idea how it is, but I will give them a try.

I will be there some when after 12.30 or so together with my father. Anybody else joining us?

Markus