This new format sucks | Page 4 | FerrariChat

This new format sucks

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Eilig, Sep 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    redcaruser can you then tell me if you have to go through all the pages to see the latest reply on any thread. Say I go to the 308 section , it will show me all the threads, then I go into one, it shows me the first one back in "whatever" Aug,3 2017. How do I get it to show me what was the newest relpy instead of the oldest.
    Thanks,
    John

2. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    i remember when F-chat changed from having the last post at the top.

3. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    are you seeing the old post appear first then go through the pages back in time to reach the new post. Or is it just me having to dig deep to find the latest post on all the threads.

4. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    If you are in the 308 section you can choose via the arrow in the row "Last Messages" the thread actuality ascending or descending and then, when you have the newest thread in the first row, klick under the name of the post writher the post date und you are there where you wonna be (hope I've understood your question right).

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Can't please everyone and normally I am an 'embrace change' sort of guy. But, the main issue for me is that the font is very difficult to read in the new style - not a strong enough colour, and with the huge margin on the right the font size appears reduced. Many people who drive Ferraris are of an age where reading is getting difficult without glasses, including me. Even with the glasses it's a strain. So, I tried the new 'old' style and the colours are easier, but still more difficult than previously. This is not a 'taste' sort of thing but biology and easily avoidable. And even the new old style is too busy as others have said. Sorry to be a naysayer.

6. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    why is the avatar photo chopped off? this reminds me of a comment my dad used to make a propos nothing here: "we're dying of the 'improvements' "

7. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Why can,t I find BRL, silver and P&R? How does anyone expect me to get banned?

8. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Just logged into the desktop version. Much better than on the iPad - which I use most of the time. Fix the speed, white space, contrast, and get rid of the snowflake trophy list and we're good to go :)

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I have no problem with it
    Changes are always frowned upon

A few tweaks and this will be a mute point by 2018

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Go back to classic. Its in blue and easier to read

RCorsa likes this.
  11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    So many shots from you at users (customers) today. Clearly the negative feedback is getting to you.

FYI - it isn't merely "change" that your customers are objecting to. Its WORSE experience. You can insult and belittle that feedback, but it is overwhelming true among your customer base.

Change that brings IMPROVEMENTS will be welcomed. I have asked twice for a summary listing of the improvements that this change has brought. I'm still waiting (although I haven't checked the thread for a reply from you in the past 2 hours). I am not the only customer that has asked for that list. Frankly, if I were in your shoes (and to be clear, I have been many times when rolling out new software to customers) I would be pounding the IMPROVEMENTS into my customers brains constantly...

Finlander likes this.
  12. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Yes this is much better. I agree the white with white background and black letters is straining. The blue background is much better. The "test" version is better than the "new" version IMO as well

13. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Thank You So Much......
    Best,
    John

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    New Coke! :)

Attached Files:

15. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I've been using the "old" format a fair bit today...the colors are pleasing to the eye. Yeah, there is too much white space (and blue space I suppose) on the sides and in the posting area...but that's about the only complaint now that pics and ads are resolved. Livable at this point. And, I'll add, I was pointed to a couple of nice enhancements (alerts is cool and ease of bold/italic is nice).

16. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm waiting on tapatalk integration (we are told in a couple of weeks) before I attempt mobile use of the site on an ipad or iphone...I'm not traveling until 9/14, so PC is fine until then...

17. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Mayor - are you purposefully only posting a thumbnail? Or is yours not allowing a full size pic? (thumbnails are annoying)

18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I just realized that if you view without being logged in, you don't have that super wide margin on the right, and the posts take up almost the entire width of the screen... Now, if only we could have that while being logged in....

19. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Rubbish 'improvement'.

It wasn't broke so don't fix it and the new old version is just as annoying. Sorry a retrograde step.

Finlander, MuratC and Boomhauer like this.
  20. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I still don't like it. White background and bright red boxes, letters are eye piercing. Plus round avatars just to be different is pointless and look bad.

21. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Really despise both formats..why can’t I see what are the most recent replied in threads anymore? That’s such a no brained

22. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I can't get logged in using TapaTalk, but can with regular browser.

23. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    The Staff has said (someplace in one of the "new forum" threads) that tapatalk integration is a few weeks away still. And, if I read/understood it correctly (risk that I did not), it will be via an App for this website that then somehow goes thru tapatalk. (see, I don't understand how it will work yet...but its coming we are told).

24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks. I thought something was wrong.

25. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Give it a shot.

iPhone : Safari : Classic Blue
    Even without tweaks, better than vBulletin was on that combo.