Timate Titanium exhaust | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Timate Titanium exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by Andy T, Dec 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    You know JC, it's absolutely normal that companies like Capristo bill such higher prices. If you know how much research they have to do for very few sold quantities, it's not surprising. Capristo 3D with lasers the entire area of the engine bay and spend a lot time to CAD the entire muffler. The exhaust flow is very carefully calculated and simulated before they even start producing a first prototype. And many prototypes are made before they can start selling it. For instance, Capristo integrated a very clever side vent system to improve heat evacution and sound. Also, here in Europe, the muffler must be TUV approved which is very challenging and difficult to obtain. At the end, you'll have a muffler which will last for ever, which is street approved and will not have a negative impact on your car. I think that's worth a 2k$ more on a car like a F430?

As F430addict wrote, I would never give an original Capristo muffler for copies to be made by someone else. Do you think that copies of a Cartier watch are as reliable as the original one? I'm affraid not and nobody will warranty or cover anything if damage is caused like a engine bay fire etc. And having a fake copy on my car is a no way, not on a F430... ;)

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I think many company charge exotics owners just because they think those owner can or will pay. Other quality companies do just as much research plus on normal cars the systems run the length of the car not just a can with tubes.

3. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
    #103 kzsport, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    can we get some sound clips of of the timate on a 360? is it louder than a capristo 3?

5. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I believe it won't be a lot louder but the pitch will definitely be sharper.

6. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    How much does the Timate 360 muffler and right and left tips weigh?

How long is the warranty?

I hope you all had a great weekend!

7. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Lol...know where you are coming from. To set the record straight, I'm using fabspeed headers and test pipes with a capristo twin sound. No complaints about fabspeed parts, weight savings are significant, sounds great, big change to the throttle response and top end pulling capabilities. The TiMate is seriously a cost saving upgrade and at that price, I'm sure some are willing to look past factors that major brand manufacturers speak loudly of. Not that I promote such behavior but seriously the price and result does, in many ways, justify the risk for many. Lol.

8. Fergie

Fergie Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2011
    Could someone post a link to where you order the Timate exhaust?

9. Bebs

Bebs Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2010
    London, UK
  10. Bebs

Bebs Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2010
    London, UK
    It weighs 7 kilos in total! Compare that with a Tubi/cappy/anything else is double.
    Warranty? Well I know Trev360s was one of the first Timates made and he had a part of the mounting bracket come loose. Timate fixed it straight away and amended the design.
    Once you see one of these babies in person, and see the attention to detail v cost - you'll be amazed.
    BTW, I've run a Tubi for 8 years and I'll be throwing it in the skip!

11. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    well isn't the capristo considered to be the loudest available right now? So you're telling me the timate is even louder? really wish we could get more sound clips

12. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Yea, the resonance through titanium will always have a sharper pitch than the regular off the shelf steel mufflers.

13. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Rol, what exhaust are you thinking about buying ?

14. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    #114 rmani, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    so headers + test pipes + timate = probably the loudest and sharpest combo we can buy?

15. Argento6spd360modena

Argento6spd360modena Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2009
  16. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Rmani
    you do not need headers because your car is an euro model.test pipes with most any race exhaust will give you what you are looking for .

17. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    #117 rmani, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    i heard the headers will help, just not as much of a difference as with US spec model cars. it's still a long way off but the biggest decision seems to be with the muffler.

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    On euro car it only adds 10hp at most not worth the price. Trust me, once you hear mine, I think you will like it.

If you don't mind the price Capristo sounds extremely good.

19. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani

But if the Timate is louder and cleaner, lighter, and the least expensive it sounds like a no lose route to take. I just really want to hear more clips of the Timate.

20. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Timate lighter yes, louder maybe , loud yes. Test pipes produce the loudest results from any exhaust .

21. GrigioAlloy

GrigioAlloy Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Netherlans
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #121 GrigioAlloy, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    "$1750 + $50 for shipping or pick up in person and save on shipping if you are in my area:"

Wish I was in your area. Is anyone in Europe selling these ?

22. Bebs

Bebs Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2010
    London, UK
    I heard a friends 360 with test pipes and Timate. Unbelievable. MUCH MUCH louder that test pipes and Tubi. I'd wager that a Timate is louder than anything else you can buy after market wise.
    I say that with confidence because only 2 weeks ago we had 5 x 360s together with Timates, Tubis and Capristos and spent the morning running through tunnels etc to compare.

23. Bebs

Bebs Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2010
    London, UK
    Sadly not Peter. You have to order it from the factory in Taiwan yourself. That is what 5 of us in London did. I am driving over to Holland at the end of next month (28-31 May) if you want to listen to my Timate?
    Send me a PM and we'll arrange it :)

24. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Agreed! It's the loudest you can ever get. I'd say the best setup would be capristo headers, test pipes and a TiMate muffler. Too bad they don't have a test mule for a 430. I can't imagine the sound especially when they don't even run any valves on their systems.

25. MMR

MMR Rookie

Sep 25, 2010
    Michigan
    I just finished testing both straight pipes and Hyperflow cats with my Timate. Straight pipes were extremely loud and pretty much unbearable for street use. The Hyperflows however were perfect. The sound is hard edged, raw and the scream is absolutely wicked!