Tow Companies that can handle a F-Car (AAA) | FerrariChat

Tow Companies that can handle a F-Car (AAA)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by fstbiker, Jul 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fstbiker

fstbiker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    Looking to get some info on tow companies throughout NJ if needed that can handle towing a F Car. Maybe we can build a data base of recommended companies that are good, that are AAA and non AAA.

2. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Any flat bed with a winch will do. Just put it in neutral and winch the car up the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. fstbiker

fstbiker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    sorry wrong region, looking for NJ. But cars are so low, that they will scrape the bottom and the diffuser.

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Agree, the two tow truck companies many of us use in Northern Virginia have made their own wooden ramp sections to get a low sports car onto the flat bed without scraping.
    So, in our area, it isn't a specific tow company you call but rather, a specific driver and truck within a tow company.
    I keep both tow drivers' names and phone numbers in my cell phone directory.

Try finding out who transports the Ferraris and Lamborghinis to your local dealers or repair shops for service.
    Often those same tow truck companies will come and get you on the roadside if you break down.

5. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    What they do to get around scraping the front lip is to put down timbers a few inches high next to the ramp and pull the car towards the ramp so that the front wheels are on the timbers while the rear wheels are still on the pavement. This raises the front lip enough to clear the ramp and allow the car to pulled onto the ramp without damage. Reverse process when removing car from flatbed. Just be sure to ask the flatbed driver if he carries timbers for preventing front lip damage.

6. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Algar Ferrari has a late model UD rollback flatbed similar to the video I attached. I have used Algar and their top tow man, Wayne for years. Never a problem what so ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4AsQfaF9OY

7. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Long timbers or the real pros have angled or breakaway lips on the flatbeds. at FoW our new-spec covered trucks flexed at the joint to take even F40s with zero damage.

As well. Straps on the wheels only. no hooks in the frames or that isht...

8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes! Articulating (flex) flatbeds are definitely a better idea. Timbers can get lost!