Tragedy, Ferrari Enzo untouched for 5 YEARS ! | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Tragedy, Ferrari Enzo untouched for 5 YEARS !

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by ZiadR, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    :D I wonder what the eye-talian desk at Langley could do for us checking on their charges stuck in Lebannon!

2. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Great Idea! Then we would REALLY know if the car is there...

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lol.

I live in Coopersburg btw :)

4. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I live in Bethlehem...

5. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know. I didn't know you were local to me. I was just saying...

6. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    I met with the owner's son.......we have a common friend. I mentioned the car to my Lebanese friend and he immediately knew what I was talking about and introduced me to the owner's son. The car can't be sold, it's too complicated and if it's going anywhere, it will be going back to the owner's son.

7. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

THANKYOU so much for finally clearing that up Tarek! :D:D

So the car aint going anywhere eh?? Oh well, such a shame that it is going to waste in the short term sitting there. :(:(

Hopefully the owners son gets it soon and gets it back on the road again. :):)

8. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    After seeing the Lebanese government confiscating all of Abu Ayash's cars, villas, and lands, I doubt what you're saying it's true. He's the owner's son, what do you expect him to tell you? It's getting sold? I highly doubt.

Best Tarek,

Ziad

9. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The thing is, in all honesty these things are extremely complicated. The seizure of ones assets does not necessarily mean that all of them will be taken and sold off. I would assume that the son is possibly a very wealthy character, maybe not but the car is caught in the middle of all this along with assets worth far far more.

All the particulars including the cars paperwork (which we know nothing of) determine the state of play.

This thread has only shown us a car sitting in an airport, nothing more. We actually know nothing about the guy, case or car itself.

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    So we can beleive Tarek, a guy who had the means and intent to buy the car, who has talked to the owners son and says the car is un-sell-able.

Or we can believe Ziad, a 20-year old kid who claims he saw the car and asked a few questions, and was given the go-ahead by the authorities in Lebanon to represent the car and handle it's sale, provided buyers send him $50k worth of bribe-money and he will then get them the car. Keep in mind Ziad alread admits to shafting at least 2 people who had serious intent to buy the car, AND at least 2 people who had interest in the car (REAL interest - like they had the means to buy) have come out and told us that Ziad's story is bullpoop.

I called this one months ago... that Ziad was full of crap. I also think he should be banned as a scammer. He's soliciting people to send him $$$$.

At least we finally know the truth.

11. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Give the guy a break. As someone who seriously enquired about buying this car, at no time did Zaid ask me for money. I dont doubt Tarek a bit, but one thing I will say is that if the owners son could get the car he would have got it by now. Obviously the government will not allow it, and so the son will not be able to sell it. I think its been stated already. It a complex situation.

Ziad thanks for bringing this to all our attention.

12. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I don't think any breaks are warranted.

At least 2 other prospective buyers have exposed this situation as BS, with one saying that Ziad *did* ask for money that was purportedly to be used for bribes. Nobody doubted the car existed. What was doubted was the sole appointment (as he claimed) of the 20-year old kid to be the facilitator of the transaction. That was before he openly admitted that he screwed a couple of guys by making promises and then reneging on them.

What I said originally was that it was beyond far fetched that a 20-year old who was stopping by to click off some pictures would have been told that he had exclusive rights to represent and sell the car. That's what he claimed, and it is simply not true. That's what we know to be the case.

Beyond what we know, my personal opinion is that this Ziad guy thought he could insert himself in the transaction and make some $$ too. No problem if an enterprising individual wants to make some money and is honest and up-front about the situation. But when the individual stiffs a few members and starts looking for people to send him tends of thousands of $$$ for the nebulous web of bribes and payoffs that must be catered to, it's suddenly crossed a threshold and has become a person soliciting $$ from 'rich guys' and promising them he can provide them something in return for far below it's market value.

Isn't that standard textbook operation of a confidence game?

my .02

13. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    #638 Tarek K., Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    The car is only a very small portion of many seized assests belonging to the owner which were seized by the Lebanese government. The car on it's own cannot be free'ed without freeing the other assests. Once the owner or owner's family start settling their debts and differences with the Lebanese government the car together with other assests will automatically come free. The Lebanese customs authorities do not have the power to sell this Enzo..........the case is much more complex than that. The reason the Enzo is with the customs authorities, it got confiscated by them while it was being exported out of Lebanon years ago and after an order was issued by the Lebanese courts to seize all the owner's assets.

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Thread closed at original poster's request.

DM