Trancas c and c has too many ordinary cars | FerrariChat

Trancas c and c has too many ordinary cars

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bitzman, Sep 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I went there today Spet. 3rd and saw the same Karmann Ghia, etc. when I was looking for Ferraris. I think they are not weeding out just ordinary cars, because as I drove south on PCH I saw other Ferraris heading North ,not knowing the parking spaces they needed are occupied by any old car that arrives. There was a 330GTC, a 365GTC, a Daytona and a few modern Ferraris but could be more if they make ordinary cars park in the back lot or on the side road North of the center. It wasn't worth a tank of gas to drive from IE just to see cars I could see in any parking lot

2. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    Ferrari Day was today at Super Car Sunday

good turnout if you got there before 9am

3. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Trancas had a freshly restored Dino, a 275, an F40, a CS, a 365GTC, 330GTC, and a Daytona. In a tiny parking lot.

That plus the Ruf CTR3, 911STR, 993 RS, CGT, Countach 5000, RS 4.0, 911R....etc.

That's not worth a drive?

sltillim likes this.
  4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Gideon, did you head down there with your dad? I sent him a text message right after we saw his 360CS heading south on PCH as we were heading north. Sorry we missed you guys!

-Greg

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Just out of curiosty, what exotic/specialty/worthy vehicle you spent a tank of gas with to attend this event ?
    Or did you just contributed to "too many ordinary cars" ?

6. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    The place gets packed with the "Early-Birds" cars at 615am.
    They bumped up the start time from 8am to 7am now..
    I saw a 2016 Fiat 500 there..Yay!!
    Still my favorite place to go..

7. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Ordinary '55 Fiat 8V Zagato was pretty cool, too ...

8. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    To TTR
    I did drive an ordinary Japanese car but parked it in the grocery store lot where ordinary cars park, I wouldn't have ben so presumptuous to park where the most elite cars park. At the Sunset Plaza show on Sunset Strip, they have a man directing ordinary cars to the large lot about 100 feet down the hill. If you are of a mind to "let anybody park where they want" try that at the Quail or Pebble where curated weeding out of unworthies is what you're paying for.

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    What I meant was that anyone driving (120 miles?) to a C & C event in an "ordinary car" and complaining others doing same is a bit of a hypocrite. In my mind, such events are or at least originally were intended as a discreet get-togethers for real car guys sharing cars stories & driving experiences, but having seen them in past decade or so turned into these huge social spectacles with spectators, hanger-ons & "for sale"-signs on half the cars, etc, I personally lost any little interest I might've had attending them long time ago. I just prefer taking my car(s) for extended scenic drives on Sunday mornings instead.

As for the PB and alike events, having attended many (as aspectator, mind you) in my preferred rides and even without asking or any credentials, more than once I've been directed to VIP access or parking. Once I was even accidentally directed briefly to lead the PB Tour with Sir Stirling Moss (Grand Marshal !) following right behind me.

10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Edited & included some additional thoughts.