Trofeo light build numbers,and ID | FerrariChat

Trofeo light build numbers,and ID

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by kiwifaza, Sep 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    Hi can anyone help shed some light on these cars for me, i have a strong interest in them and am struggling to get any really definitive info on build numbers and how to correctly identify one,
    Regards Todd

2. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    As far as I know only 10 Trofeo light cars were produced by the factory.

3. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have you contacted the factory for this info? A pair of them were campaigned over here for racing by Ferrari of Washington (DC area) back then. They substantially modified one with a completely new sequential racing transmission and other upgrades, lots of them! I used to see these guys at Summit Point raceway back then as I was having fun with my Ghibli Open Cup back then. They eventually abandoned them as race cars because they were too weakly built and when they would very carefully set the suspension up then two laps later it had all gone out of adjustment. As such they were sub-competitive in racing here, there were some wins though. I had similar issues with the rear toe adjustment on my GOC and eventually had to modify it back to a more stock configuration to fix adjustment drift. Back then Maserati contracted with a rally/race prep shop who specialized in Alfas for the circuit. So Maserati themselves knew very little about those cars. I don't know who actually designed and built the Trofeo lites. I took some pictures of them when they were on display at the NY auto show. You can see those on Enrico's website, it's in one his first photo spreads Maseratis in NY.

Good luck with your quest ...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Merak1974 likes this.
  4. kiwifaza

kiwifaza Karting

May 12, 2009
    New Zealand
    thanks for the feed back gents, i have purchased MTL11 ,very happy car is very cool with a lot of history, and one of the few built to GT3 spec

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner