Trying to locate MSRP | FerrariChat

Trying to locate MSRP

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by shubchs, Aug 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    As the new owner of a 2008 F430, I am trying to find out if it is possible to get a copy of the MSRP that came with the car when new. I am having no luck with the dealer who sold it to Ron of Santa Monica (The Dealer is/was Ferrari of Newport Beach). I've been in touch with them but got no joy.

Also, I am in a quandary of when to next do the annual service. The previous owner has not done one this year, and the last one was done in April of 2016 (all fluids changed including a clutch bleed). The question is should I have the service done prior to mothballing it in Oct, or should I wait until I resurrect it the following spring? Seems to me it would be smarter to do it prior to mothballing...but then, would it need the service again in the Spring?

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #2 paulchua, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Have you contacted Ferrari North America?

4. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    It boggles my mind why anyone wouldn't keep the original Ferrari window sticker. I've seen two Ferrari dealers that actually laminate the window sticker for the new owner.

Joe

5. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks folks. I boggles my mind also. I've got a call in to Ferrari N America, I hope they can help...

6. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    One call from FOA, but no help whatsoever. Anybody have a good contact person there. Ph number extension would be very helpful.

7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #7 paulchua, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Ah stupid me, I get what you're saying...you want the original window sticker specific to your car, my apologies for my misunderstanding.

You may want to try the Classiche Dept?

Good luck!

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #8 Kevin Rev'n, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It seems like some of the dealerships are able to figure this out and others can't. I am thinking that one of the original dealerships may be the best bet if they have some old timers left who know the customers and the legacy systems. Perhaps only if you got the car from them though. I am really surprised that Newport Beach could not give you any help. That seems below average. I hope you didn't use their silly little "Hi, How may I help you window?" Attached is a shot of Ferrari North America from the old days. Also there are handy fellas in the 360/430 section that have made editable pdfs where you can re-create one for yourself.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Any idea what year that's from?

10. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    It shows Ferrari of Atlanta still being in Tucker. So, about 20 years ago?

11. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I've begun trying to obtain a reprinted Monroney sticker for my newly acquired '07 F430, but the original selling dealership very tersely informed me that it wouldn't be possible.

12. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I buy window labels on eBay and at swop meets all the bloody time. They're out there . . . . somewhere.

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Call FNA- they MIGHT be able to reprint for you. I have heard strongly opposing things over the years with no definitive answer. Its worth a phone call. I believe the number is either (201) 816-2600 or 1 (866) 551-2828 - I have both in my contacts.

14. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Several folks on the 360/430 forum have recreated the window sticker using templates they developed. You can piece together pricing for various options on your car from those and recreate one for yourself if you can't get an original. Do a search for 360 430 window sticker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I scanned it from a 1999 Ferrari magazine!

16. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Kevin. Guess I am up a blind alley. I also thought Newport Beach dropped the ball, especially as I was talking to a salesman whom I thought to purchase a new F-car from, and he expressed his desire to help. The original salesman who sold the car is not there any longer. Salesmen, ugh!

17. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Isn't that strange. You aren't a buyer so they could care less. I love salesmen! You think they could at least have been courteous, maybe you might buy something from them later on....

18. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Careuleus11. I have called them but we are playing phone tag. I'll try again.

Steve

19. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Bob, I googled it and amazingly all sort of hits came up. I'll try that method.

Steve

20. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    FNA will not help you. This question has been asked many times. I asked my local dealer about one years ago and I got a strange look and nothing more.

21. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Agreed.

22. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    I called dealer with no luck. Then called FCA and they said should be no problem for the dealer. I said I bought car through and talked to x and they don't seem to know how to do it. Lady at FCA said I will call them to make sure they know how to do it. Waited 2 days. Called dealer and all they wanted to know was the correct information on where to send it and BTW they had a flashlight for me that I was missing. GTS Bruce

23. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    My dealer claimed that FNA charged him $500 for a sticker for my 2015 Cali T and I would have to pay for it.:-(

24. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    My Indy shop owner has a one word description of Ferrari's business model: "Mafia" Stuff like this kind of reinforces that doesn't it.