Two different VIN's on my 348. Now this one's good!!! | FerrariChat

Two different VIN's on my 348. Now this one's good!!!

Discussion in '348/355' started by king kingtravel, Sep 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. king kingtravel

BANNED

Sep 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    king kingtravel
    I just noticed something on my 348ts....

On the frame of the car inside the door, it says ZFFFG35A8L0087449. On another panel, it says ZFFFG36AXLOO87449. There are only two differences in the VIN (35 versus 36, and 8 versus X), but this one is too weird.

It has NEVER even seen paintwork, much less body work. You pull up these VIN's, one's for a TB, one's for a TS. SAME CAR I SWEAR! Any ideas on this? Anyone seen this before?

2. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    from what I understand.. theres the VIN sticker on the driver side door frame..

and then the VIN plate on the other side of the door frame..

so then maybe the VIN sticker was replaced with something else..?

3. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    What number is shown in the third location on the frame in the engine compartment? There are three separate locations.

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Curious which vin is on your title ?

5. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Looks like there were screw ups in the factory with other Ferrari models as well:

"We last faced this same dilemma two years ago when we were asked to market 2000 Ferrari 550 s/n ZFFZR49A3Y0117133. The owner had supplied a great set of detailed photos. The chassis stamping and steering column were correct, but the warranty card was s/n ZFFZS49A8Y0117133 (different restraint system and check digit), the bar coded VIN showed ZFFZR49A3YO117133 (a non-existent assembly plant) and the door plate had the correct VIN, but the build date was stamped SEPTEMBER 1998, which was a full year too early."

"The good news is that Ferrari North America has dealt with these problems before, and they have assigned a rep to this problem. If the rep determines it is necessary, the factory will generate a correct door plate, a new warranty page and a new door plate or BAR code sticker in about 60 days and have it installed at the local dealer. In the case of the wrong computer VIN, the factory will re-flash the dash to make the corrections. There is no charge."

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Open your engine lid and look on the right hand size of the engine bay. The vin number will be stamped on the top of the shock tower. I would then compare the other vins to the stamped vin number in the engine bay.