U.K. 458 in Australia | Page 3 | FerrariChat

U.K. 458 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aeneas, Feb 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks!

Once I've gone over there and swapped my car for a 458 and some extra cash, does anyone know how I would go if I brought the 458 back here?

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So all I have to do to sell my car is run and advert at the right price and watch a queue form.

You, on the other hand, will have to put up with tyre kickers reminding you incessantly that it's not an aussie delivered car then, when you're sick of that, organise selling it to the UK. lol lol lol...you have no idea.....all that extra effort and time wasted, and for what?? to save a few thousand bucks when you bought the car?

Ridiculous.

Like I said, been there, done that. It's just not worth the pain.

3. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wow. I thought you were smart.
    Annoying, full of yourself, basically a glorified troll, but at least, well, sort of smart.

Where have I said I would ever try to sell my car in Oz?
    I haven't. I said if I wanted to sell my car I'd simply send it back from whence it came.
    It would be easy for me (I have friends in the UK who could easily take care of it), and I am certain I'd get more than what I paid for it.
    That is all.

Only a moron would try to sell an import here for the same money as an Aussie delivered car and go through all the crap that you mention, only to end up selling it for less.

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    okkkkkkkkkkk.....so you're saying it's NOT harder to sell overseas than here? If so, you're hilarious (and wrong) if not, then actually, I must be smart because I'm right. Which is it?

I'll say it again, why would you want to go through all the hassles of having to sell a car overseas just to save a few grand at purchase time? Makes no sense to me.

Also, you're so clever, but if you'd bought an aussie spec car back when you got yours, you'd get more for that now too.

Dumb beyond comprehension. It's funny how irrational people become over this stuff. You're just making no sense.

5. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's hard to tell if you actually read what people type, or if you just go off on your own tangent regardless.

If I'd bought an Aussie spec car when I bought mine I'd have ended up with an inferior car for more money. That would have been incredibly stupid.

Your particular experience is yours and that's fine, but don't assume it automatically applies to everyone.
    For me it would be easier to send the car back than going through the hassle here.
    It wouldn't take more than a couple of phone calls, actually.
    And at the end of all that "hassle" I'd get more than what I paid.
    So how exactly have I "lost" by not buying an Aussie delivered car?

There are plenty of gullible sycophants around here who believe your BS, but not everyone is so stupid.

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    But you've just admitted my "BS" is right!! lol...you're such a dill.

By your own admission, you had to go to the trouble of sourcing a car overseas and getting it here and going through compliance (You never DID tell us that story...but that adds to my point)......and then to sell you have to go through all the customs and shipping crap and possibly wait for many months for it to sell.

What a joke!!! and why? to save a few thousand dollars when you purchase it, which you get back when you sell anyway. LOL...wake up to yourself.

7. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So I was right - you don't read what people write.

It was no trouble to source my car from the UK. In fact it was good fun, and no different to scouring the various States of Oz looking for a good car in the spec I wanted.
    Again, the cars that were available here at the time were either ****boxes or hilariously over-priced.
    I have Ferrari owning friends in the UK who were happy to look at any car I was interested in so it was no more a problem to do that than it would have been here.

I DID make a major mistake in going with the Arfur Daley's I chose to do the compliance work.
    That was mainly their fault for blatantly lying and misrepresenting themselves.
    It had nothing to do with the car, but I'll cop it: it was a **** up that sucked at the time.
    If I'd sent the car to Glyn in the first place it would have been barely any more a hassle than bringing a car here from interstate (which I've done twice in the last few years).

Bottom line is I'm more than happy with the car. I know I could get rid of it easily if I had to.

I wouldn't change a thing except for the compliance issues.
    But we've all had work done on our cars by people who let us down, haven't we?

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey !!

You leave one torch in a car and everyone wants to have a go :p

9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Looks like you're calling the kettle black.

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So you're admitting it's more difficult to buy and sell your car? Thanks. Definitely sounds like "more effort required"

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So what you're saying is that you had to go through a really painful experience that you wouldn't have had if you'd bought a car locally?? wow....I'm SURE I read that on here posted by someone...oh yeah...ME

lol...sucker.

12. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Mechanics are the curse of Ferrari ownership.

www.pless.com.au/mechanics.htm

13. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    you two should get a room - we can all tell you're hot for each other! :D

14. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I know the 360 market pretty well as I also have one. Most of them Aussie delivered or not around Sydney are flogged out POS from the south. You can't compare the 360 market to the earlier markets because 1. They are massed produced in Ferrari terms 2. Nobody wants to buy them so with so few people looking only the best examples will sell. I know of a few good UK ones that have sold as well. Most decent cars don't even make it to car sales. I would rather pay 20% VAT than 43% bringing one this way. As I said I have both and am looking to pull the trigger on a UK 348 challenge without a second thought that it's not Aussie delivered. This is a total BS argument on the lower volume cars. It's price and condition that gets the car sold and you would get more in the UK because 20% doesn't even factor the exchange rate.

15. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    348 Challenge is a completely different situation. I bought a 328GTB from the UK and easily sold it here. Why?? They were NOT a model that was available as aussie spec. I'm only referring to the 'mass produced' cars that were available here from the local dealers.

16. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Fixed 😀

17. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I'm not comparing anything. All I said was the Aus Del 360s sell and the ones that arn't linger on the market and don't sell. Aus Del 360s sell for alot more than the UK lot (due to better colour combo, condition, less kms on them etc).

Nobody wants to buy them? Aus del 360s come and go within a week, maybe two weeks max.

18. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed.

19. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed.

20. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed.

21. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed.

22. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed.

23. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Please play along at home. :)

24. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Anything will sell if price and condition are right. All I am saying is the 360 is not a desirable collectible car and yes I own a very nice well sorted one. Supply far exceeds demand so buyers can afford to be picky. The Stradale on the other hand there is absolutely no price difference between Aussie or U.K. In fact the Aussie ones follow the UK market. Price is based purely on condition. So again Aussie vs UK is a BS argument on low volume cars as demand is more than supply.

25. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Rubbish. A non aussie spec will STILL be harder to sell and it'll sell for less money here. Of course, there has to be one available, but assuming there were two for sale, one aussie and one not, I know for sure what the outcome would be.