UFC and MMA Thread | Page 75 | FerrariChat

UFC and MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Highlow, Aug 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Yeah my bad on the typo. Sylvia got the strong man to tap due to punches in the 2nd when he gassed. Apparently all those muscles just make you gas that much quicker and aren't so helpful in MMA. Duh!
    Pudzi should stick with lifting big round rocks and pulling trucks and such.

2. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    So the fighters are slowly trickling into the MGM. Saw a couple of guys from Strikeforce earlier, and I just stepped out of my room and saw Mike Bisping pass by. I guess he's staying a couple of doors down.

After watching UFC Primetime, I can't freakin' wait for Saturday. I just want to see Rampage knock Rashad the F*** out!!!

3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Should be lots of fun.

So if Bisping gets a little rowdy in his room, will you walk on over, knock on his door, and tell him to keep it down?

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Pick 'em;

UFC 114: Rampage vs. Evans
    Date: May 29, 2010
    Venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena
    Broadcast: Pay-per-view

MAIN CARD

* Rashad Evans vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    * Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
    * Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
    * Jason Brilz vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    * John Hathaway vs. Diego Sanchez

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

* Dong Hyun Kim vs. Amir Sadollah
    * Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon

PRELIMINARY CARD (Not televised)

* Melvin Guillard vs. Waylon Lowe
    * Luiz Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate
    * Joe Brammer vs. Aaron Riley
    * Jesse Forbes vs. Ryan Jensen

5. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I'm thinking of putting some money on Russow... pays 3-1. Not sure why Vegas has Duffee as a 4-1 favourite.

6. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Because Russow stands no chance against Duffee. Duffee is a beast.

I am going with Rampage, Bisping, Duffee, Minotoro, Diego.

I'll take Kim and Escudero in the prelims.

7. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    +1 on that.

I'm taking Rashad, Duffee, Bisping, Minotoro and Sanchez in the main.

And in the prelims Sadollah and Lauzon(I'm pulling for the Ma. homeboy plus he needs a win to stay in the UFC. If he loses he could be done IMHO)

8. PaulVincent

PaulVincent Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    #1858 PaulVincent, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    Unless Russow hasn't been able to train properly (Chicago police officer), this match at best is pick 'em. I fully expect Russow to win; we'll see if I'm right (of course I publicly stated back in 1995 that I thought Russow would do quite well in MMA, so I am prejudiced). By the way, I don't claim to know MMA 1/10th as well as most of you on this site.

9. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    #1859 GG, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    Duffee is a beast? He's a 24 year old kid who's fought a grand total of 7 seconds in the last 18 months.

So why doesn't Russow stand a chance? It's almost like Duffee is talking about some of you guys in this article:

10. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    How many fights has Brock Lesnar had? Don't go by how many fights.

I've seen these guys fight, and in my opinion, Duffee will smoke him. Might I be wrong? Sure, but this is a forum where we put forth those opinions, and I see it different than you

is that ok?

11. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    You've seen Duffee's other fights? Honest question.

And yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion - some of us just feel more strongly about ours :p

Either way, Saturday should be a great night of fights.

12. PaulVincent

Oct 21, 2007
    What I'd like to see now is that Mike gets to train full time before he fights again.

13. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I would say "Told ya so!" but I know you're eating your words right now :)

Let this be a lesson to everyone - there's no such thing as having no chance in MMA. All it takes is one punch...

14. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Absolutely, as I like to say "that's why they fight in the ring". Not pretty, but Russow (and Rashad) proved me wrong!

Good thing I don't bet on these things,I'd be broke :)

15. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    #1865 rdefabri, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010
    Saw his fight against Assuerio Silva and (of course) Tim Hague. And to Duffee's comments about fans, I've been a boxing and MMA junkie for 30+ years - not a 16 year old that stumbled onto Ultimate Fighter on Spike. All that proves is that 16 year olds can pick fights as well as 40 year olds, but I do consider my knowledge of these sports pretty high.

Duffee's fight against Silva was probably his toughest fight, but I stand by my original statement - the guy is a beast. Russow didn't have an easy time with him, and if he hadn't uncorked that shot, he would have lost. But, that's why they fight them.

I agree with you - it was a good night of fights. For me, the question is now whether or not Rampage calls it a career?

16. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Good card last night.

I am going to say it now.....Melvin Guillard is going to be a force to reckon with at LW. His new association with the Jackson camp has done wonders for him. Did you see that brutal knee to the body that ended that fight? Spectacular.

Great job by Russow. The guy doesn't look the part, but man can he take a shot! I don't know how he survived Duffee's attacks.

So where does Diego go from here? The guy has to be wondering what to do with his career. Do you guys think he is better off at LW or WW?

And what about the L'il Nog fight? Do you think Brilz was robbed? It was awfully close, and I really thought Brilz won it.

Bisping looked very good. The guy is one heck of a striker - too bad has has no knock-out power.

I picked Rashad to win, too bad it was a fairly dull fight. I am a little concerned about Greg Jackson fighters.......he's an absolute mastermind of the game, and he runs arguably the best camp on the planet, but it is apparent to me that he is instilling "safe" fighting into his fighters. You see it with my boy, GSP, and I clearly saw it with Evans last night. Sure, it is a smart thing to do, and it will win fights, but it may lose fans.

17. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    dan - right on the money re: greg jackson. wins fights, but boring as hell to watch. i can't stand the lay-n-pray style of fighting that his camp is notorious for.

anyways, last night was a brutal card IMO. if i wasn't such a big rampage fan, i would have walked out of the arena during the bisping fight.

18. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Brilz is a tough dude.

I've never been enamored with Sanchez, but he always got the job done. He's in a tough spot - LW is a brutal class, WW not much better. Given that WW is closer to his natural weight, I'd think he would be best there. Big win for Hathaway.

19. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Brilz was def. robbed of a win last night. Still don't understand how 1 judge, the entire crowd almost, the commentators and others see the fight one way and a couple judges see something totally different. The fight rules for MMA judging really need help or better judges,...Way too many fights been going like this.

20. PaulVincent

Oct 21, 2007
    Foreman vs. Michael Moore: I finally figured out what the Russow vs. Duffee fight reminded me of: lopsided fight and then Boom! - K.O.

21. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Nog won the fight based on the 10pt system, but Brilz won the FIGHT.

22. PaulVincent

Oct 21, 2007
  23. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Duffee stuck to his game plan of just dropping bombs and upper cuts on Russow. When he saw that wasn't going to work you would think he would try at least some kicking.

If he's going rely on striking only then he won't get very far. It will be interesting to see what he learned from the fight and if he can develop game plans that include kicking and grappling.

24. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Good first hand description of what it's like to get KO'd with one punch by Russow. Check it out.

25. PaulVincent

Oct 21, 2007
    Interesting. I have to believe that Duffee will be back.