Urraco thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #76 hyenahf, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    #77 Marcello, Jul 19, 2008
    Thanks for sharing!

Here's another Silhouette, #40046
    A little tuned..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #78 hyenahf, Jul 19, 2008
    took this one about 10yrs ago... this gentleman has 2 silhouettes and previously a P300

4. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    #79 EMILIO, Jul 21, 2008
  5. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #80 hyenahf, Jul 21, 2008
    from what i understand...basically the P200's and the late P300 used the P111 body although most P111 came with the early 2 vent front bonnet (aka american front hood). these cars do have the rear roll hoop as well as the reinforced door beams required for the US spec cars. P200 generally have blacked out window trim with the P111 dash board , P300 door panels and seats gated shifter. basically I reckon lots of left over P111 bodies and parts were being used on late urraco's due the dismal usa sales that fell far short of the projected targets. You will find anomalies of course with mix- matching of parts through out the production run especially during the later years when the factory finances where reportedly on shaky ground.

heres a P200 in michigan

warm regards

hf

6. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #81 Chelle, Jul 21, 2008
  7. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    chelle

i would luv to see your rare verde colored P250.... is it the deep metallic green color? whats the interior color?

looking forward to the pics

warm regards

hf

8. mbhw

mbhw Karting

Jan 17, 2008
    New York
    Chelle - That color is stunning! Nice car

9. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #84 Chelle, Jul 24, 2008
    Thanks guys, it was brown, but we liked blue more. Actually when we got it it was bare metal and being sold as a parts car.. someone disassembled it and lost interest so it had sat for like 6 years..

Green one is sitting, it's got some engine issues that are going to require a new piston and sleeve but we have a spare engine anyway, just never enough time. Picture below is about the only time in last few years it has even peeked out from under the covers..

Chelle

10. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    michelle

I've never seen one in that rare color... what the color is the interior? the car look really straight, apart from the drivetrain issued, is the car straighter than your P250S?

it looks like an early version...im guessing a 74 or earlier?

thanks for posting look foward to seeing at again once you get it on the road.

warm regards

hf

11. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    #86 EMILIO, Aug 3, 2008
  12. coco1984

coco1984 Karting

Aug 6, 2008
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Richard
    so.....where are the pics of the white beast? (countach)

13. Marcello

Marcello Formula 3

Sep 6, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marcel Wallenburg
    #88 Marcello, Sep 27, 2008
  14. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    any better pics! one of the cars has usable bumpers still :cool:

Chelle, we need more pics of the green car!

15. kc023515

kc023515 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Kevin Crauwels
    #90 kc023515, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
    Although it hearts to see these cars suffering, these pictures are great!

At least three pre-production Urraco’s are on these pictures:
    - prototype #1 is the red one on the left and middle picture, previously it was wearing registration PROVA BO380 , currently in the Lamborghini museum
    - prototype #2 is the red one on the bottom of the middle picture with the chrome A-pillar , present status unknown
    - prototype #3 is the red one on the right picture it was converted into a race car by Bob Wallace , also in the Lamborghini museum

Beside the prototypes I also see:
    - a yellow Urraco in the background of the right picture , it’s the same car as pictured in post #56 and #58 , seems to be a converted US-market car
    - a brown Urraco with serious front damage on the right picture, this car was also spotted inside the factory in the mid-eighties, registration plate: 1462 ????
    - a white Jalpa body shell, also shown in post #58

Any idea in what year these pictures were taken?

16. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Bravo Marcello!

fantastic pics once again....when where these taken?

KC

i thought the urraco "BOB" rallye car is own by the lamborghini club of japan? its in a museum now? which one?

cheers guys

hf

17. kc023515

kc023515 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Kevin Crauwels
    You're correct the "Urraco BOB" is/was owned by the Lamborghini club of Japan. I confused with the converted P300 in the Tonino Museum, I've no idea about the story behind that car.

18. lambomiura

lambomiura Formula Junior

May 18, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Philippe Muratori
    Great photos Marcel, thanks for sharing!. Do you have more from Marcel D. collection of the famous factory junkyard?

Ciao,

Philippe
    S2 7987
    www.lamborghinimiura.com

19. silhouette

silhouette Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul
  20. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    that a stunning silhouette and so rare being RHD

i dont ever recall seeing one with square side marker lights? whats the original color of the car? any history you can share with us? a RHD version has such a strange dash.

cheers

thanks for posting

hf

21. silhouette

silhouette Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks HF. well spotted regarding the side marker lights. I have a set of the round Carello's and am thinking about putting them on. The original colour is verde abete. (green). I have the original build sheets and the road test signed by Valentino Balboni when he tested the car. There were two Silhouettes in this colour originally. It's now grigio avlon which is a Murcielago colour. This car is one of about 5 delivered to Australia of the 10 RHD produced. I actually prefer the RHD style dash and steering wheel to the LHD version.

22. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    i went through the registry and saw the original color, it seems like you changed the interior color also. great color combo btw.

I have one of the strange original urraco deep dish steering wheels. I yet to see these in a RHD version? Most of the RHD cars ive seen use some sort of 3 spoke ferrero steering wheel(some with spoke hole others without). I reckon the RHD version use a steering rack similar to the jalpas? unlike the urraco rack, some people have suggested the late jalpa racks are from a lancia beta. the original LHD steering rack has no column and that deep spoke wheel mounts directly on it apparently.

i like how you eliminated the fiat-alfa license plate lamps too... it cleans up the rear end a bit.

i would absolutely love to have a silh one day. IMO, i prefer them much more than the jalpa in every respect except for the driving position.

hf

23. 1121034

1121034 Guest

#98 1121034, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008

Hi

Most RHD Urracos had the standard deep-dish steering wheel, just as supplied on the LHD cars. I had 3 RHD Urracos (and 2 LHD), and all of them had the standard wheel. Every UK RHD Urraco I have ever seen (maybe 20 over the last 25 years) had the standard wheel unless replaced with an after-market item

Best wishes

David S

24. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #99 hyenahf, Oct 14, 2008
    5 urraco's... that must be some kind of record. glad to hear you fancy these fantastic underrated cars. anyways its very strange that you've ran across so many RHD with the deep dish wheel. Ive been follow urracos for nearly 30years and dont recall seeing very many deep dished RHD if any. i've seen at roughly two dozen urraco/silhouette (although not in the flesh) RHD without the deep dish wheel (how many RHD cars where built anyways?).

I believe most of flat spoke steering wheel equipped urraco/silhouettes came from the factory that way using the same 3 spoke ferreros found on various espadas and jarama's. ive broken the ferreros down to 3 versions... flat 3 spokes, 6 holed 3 spokes and the leather covered spokes.

if you look closely at the column shroud of the flat spoke RHD urraco's. it looks to be made of cast metal that covers the column and key cylinder ( can anyone out there with a RHD comfirm this?). its unlikely an aftermarket steering wheel manufacture would produce this specific part for such a limited volume vehicle as a replacement for the oem deep dished wheels. IMO the RHD column shrouds are much nicer than that flimsy ill fitting cover found on the LHD version with the turn signal protruding traditionally out from the column rather than the dash itself at an acute angle.

here's a few images ive pulled from the net. i also have various vintage magazines that feature RHD urraco/silh with flat spoke steering wheels. i havent seen very many LHD drive urraco/silhs with flat spokes wheels surprisingly unless its a jalpa which is a slightly different beast.

I never cease to learn something new about these fascinating little gems.

respectfully

cheers

hf