Urraco thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. patrikgudmundsater

BANNED

Jul 4, 2008
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Patrik Gudmundsäter
    Hello!

Do you Have a complete Scan of All The Espada Colors?
    I Got a Gialllo,Orgininal Luci Di Bosco Espada Series II,With Interrior Senape.
    It was Completely Restored at the Factory in 1991,but then a Previous Owner Changed the Color to Giallo..

Regards/Patrik

Car is on The Espada Thread.

2. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #127 hyenahf, Dec 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Kevin

I don’t have the vin for the PV37 car… the side louvers look the same to me so I think It may be an optical illusion. The extra badge on top of the boot-lid is probably added on?
    I don’t mine it that much because I think on of the early pre production prototypes had one too (was it the silver car? I forget?)

Good to see you tracking urraco #... looks like bravo-V8 is starting some sort of registry.

Marcello

It would seem the metallic paint was an early option and standard on the S cars. Around that time it appears that bunch of cars rolling out in the early to mid 70’s from the bertone factory had the same colors. In old photos the coachwork production lines at the factory had painted bodies all paint in similar colors if not identical. Many fiat dinos, 850 spiders, alfa montreals, had metallic browns, met greens, met blues, met silver, red, orange, yellows, whites etc that look virtually identical when you look at the old photos. Anyone out there can verify this for us?

much obliged for the islero verde carib color spec.

Jota 5084

Thanks for posting the fresh urraco images especially the one with the French style rear engine cover. People often say it’s off of a silhouette but ive seen them and the are similar but not the same. The French REC does look a lot better in the flesh than in pics… a huge bonus in rear visibility too because the standard urraco rear louver are so think in section.

Bravo-V8

Does your jalpa have a fiberglass with steel frame rear engine lid? I noticed that the silhouettes where all steel. Kind of strange when you think the silhs fender flares where fiberglass and the jalpas where steel then they reverted to fiberglass for the engine lid.

Emilo

Fantastic you have an P118 silh manual. Do you know if the interior toggle switches are the same ones used on the 308’s? I see that the silh’s window switch are even toggle while the 308’s use rockers. Are these window toggles switches available?

here's a pic of a P250 for a photoshoot in a up coming Classic & Sportscar magazine soon. this photo was taken by a fellow esprit owner that was also there.

Thank you all kindly for contributing. hopefully this can stir some interest and people can stop throwing these things pretty little things away!

hf
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)

Raymond: I think I have other from different country that you have not. Have you got some news from your Jalpa and Urraco ?

Eric

4. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Hyenahf> Yes my jalpa have a fiberglass with steel frame rear engine lid, as you told it's very strange, on the Jalpa the front bonnet is made with alloy and all the rest of the car is made from heavy steel the roof too!!! ...not easy to remove.

Eric

5. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    The Urraco is sold to germany, region of Stuttgart. The Jalpa is doing well, it had a little fire because a fuel connector became loose, else it's still running strong.

6. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    EFE is #15 162,JTX is #15 216,JWW is #15 074

Magnus

7. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    #132 Serenissma, Dec 9, 2008
    I think this is #200 93? The car was then painted in the swedish soccer club Hamarbys colours green and white.The photo is from Norr Mälarstrand in Stockholm Sweden in 1976.

8. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    wow a P300 with mud flaps! thats a got to a first...

strange looking color... is that burgandy or brown?

thanks for posting

hf

9. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Magnus thanks for the vins and the pic, appreciated.

10. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Hi Magnus,

Thanks for all the information, for the brown car with EE plate are you sure of the chassis number, it's unusual to have an odd number, the only one that I know is for urraco P300 20003 (yellow car in switzerland), all the other are even number.
    Last time I went to Tonino museum I saw the yellow P300 which be use for the silhouette developpement and I had the surprise to see a little plate behind the windscreen with number 20003 stamped on it, any idea ???

Eric

11. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    It was a very common color in the 70-tees.Green orange and brown thats 1970-1976.

12. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    I could be wrong about the chassis number and i can't speak to the owner because the car is wrecked in 1979. I will check it up and will be back soon.

13. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    #138 raymondQV, Dec 10, 2008
    I almost bought #20003 in 2000, for sure that yellow car in Tonino's museum isn't the same, perhaps it was even a P250, perhaps the yellow preproduction car?

BTW I located #20002 in Switzerland as well, the car is crash damaged, the front end needs quite a lot of attention, including a new windscreen.

14. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    I have been in contact with the car-register in Sweden in 1978 and they said then that it is #200 93. They could have said wrong but i don't think so. I think this car was sold by the Factory to a private man in Sweden who was down in Italy to pic it up.
    We also have #203 88 in Sweden and one moore 300 Urraco a silver one.

Magnus

15. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the information, it's very interresting to have a color photo of a new car, at this time it was more common to have black and white photo...

Eric

16. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Magnus> I well know 20388, this car was near Lyon in France and I saw it when I search to bought a P300, I met its french owner one time he have also an Espada, also in pearl white.

Raymond> Thanks for the photo of 20002, the first P300 (20000 I think...) was a white car that appeared at the Turin motor show in 1974. Are you know the body number of your ex-P300 (-1060-xxx-)?

Eric

17. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Sorry, didn't note and remark that number.

But I have a lot of pictures of 1060-327, a P250 which is completely in pieces in Germany at JB Design near Achen.

18. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #143 hyenahf, Dec 12, 2008
    are you talking about this car??? ...did you take any photos of it?

i was always wondering if its built off a P111 body with the usa rear bumpers and side markers.... with a 3.0liter motor of course. do you remember seeing if the front bonnet vent had 2 large hole rather than the 6 louver vents? i dont recall ever seeing any clear front or interior pics of this car.

it would be wonderful to see more pics of that test mule. i do luv that car with the bravos

cheers

hf

19. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    Raymond> Thanks for this number, I think I have photo from this car...

Hyenahf> Yes we speak about the same car, it appears in different book or magazine, complete in this black and white photo and after inside the factory with different parts loosing, rear bonnet, wheels and after in the scraypyard of the factory, and now at the Tonini museum, I have photo from the car, I'll post it as soon as possible.

Eric

20. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    #145 Serenissma, Dec 13, 2008
    I saw my first Urraco in 1976 it was later found on the bottom of Lake Mälaren in Sweden.My friend a police found it together with a Pantera. I think the car still exist now painted black.

21. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    #146 BRAVO-V8, Dec 13, 2008
  22. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #147 hyenahf, Dec 14, 2008
    bravo8

you where right...that car yellow silhouette test mule looks very different now. it seem to have lost a lot of the purposeful aggression without the bravo wheels and tall ride height.

the rear fenders look like they are being remade in alu? in the past i reckon they used some sort of molded in some sort of plastic or fiberglass like walter wolf countach. in fact the shape of the rear fender flares even have that distinctive kink in the lower front of the rear wheel opening found in ct. I always wonder if they where taken form the WW CT molds and then grafted on the the sil test mule.

i took some detail pics of rudolf de moyer's ct with wolf type wheel flares arches. you can see they arent alu... they sure feel different to the touch from the normal squared off countach S and qv's fiberglass. the WW type flares are thinner in section being a little more flexible and lighter weight. i like look of the somewhat crude racecar look of the Wolfs CT and the P118 S test mule with the dark fender flares.

do your remember if the interior is the interior mostly stock? any more posted pics of the new engine lid would be appreciated.

many thanks

hf

23. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    hyenahf

I don't know why they changed the plastic rear arches for alloy one, the rear engine lid is also in alloy now and don't look at an original one...They changed a lot of thinks also on the Jalpa spyder, front spoiler, dashboard ...
    I'll try to find anbother photo of the yellow car.

Eric

24. BRAVO-V8

BRAVO-V8 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2008
    LYON (France)
    #149 BRAVO-V8, Dec 16, 2008
    I have other photo on book or magazine from the yellow car, but no one with interior or engine, dont't know the VIN number...

Eric

25. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    On the left you can see the left rear fender of the jalpa spider.