Used 458s in high demand! | FerrariChat

Used 458s in high demand!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by cool flash, Aug 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cool flash

cool flash Karting

Jun 18, 2016
    Hello,

I am following the used 458 market in Germany/Europe quite closely.

Just recently a 2010 458 with 100k miles was offered for equivalent of 122,000 US$ and it sold within less than 3 weeks!

Cheapest 458 now being offered costs more than 1 year ago. Prices have gone up and supply has gone down comparatively (which of course is what you would expect). In comparison F430 prices have been stagnant while sales have been very slow, very much like sales of early Gallardos (pre LP).

Regards,

CF

2. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

it took me 5 months to find my 458.......hard to find good ones with low miles and the spec you want.

3. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    It took me almost 2 years to find my Italia... Granted, I was looking for a very specific spec. But after two years of waiting, and checking the internet daily, I finally found it. Couldn't be happier, and totally worth the wait!

4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    A quick search in France shows that you can currently buy a 2010 Italia with 40K miles (64K km) for EUR 120K (USD 142K), before any negotiation.
    Typical prices for 458 Italia begin at EUR 140K, which is about the same as one year ago; examples at EUR 100K have never been common.
    There are litterally several dozens of 458 for sale.
    F430 have also been stabilised around EUR 80K - 90K while 430 Scuderia are down from their peak prices (458 Speciale are also down but in a more limited way).

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Love for you to prove that. I have seen absolutely no weakening in Speciale pricing...

Latest search on Dupont shows 15 Speciales and all of them are 30 - 50K above MSRP...

Same as this time last year...

6. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

There is a 458 Spider at an AD close to me which has been standing since March, just reduced in price by approximately £7k.

Seems cars are sticking in the UK at the moment due to the political uncertainty

Scuds are in short supply. good F430F1s making £105 - 115k, Speciale's also appear a touch cheaper.

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I was talking about France, but looking at mobile.de it seems to be the same in Germany.
    One year ago as far as I remember there wasn't any Speciale on offer for less than EUR 300K, there are several now (lowest price EUR 260K (USD 307K), and even one at 290K (USD 342K) from an official Ferrari dealer).

8. cool flash

cool flash Karting

Jun 18, 2016
    I am looking at mobile.de

The cheaper cars for 120 - 130 TEuros have all disappeared at the moment. Now the lower limits seems to have settled at 135 - 140 TEuros for comparable cars.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Transaction prices are down slightly from year ago when I sold my Speciale. From what I've been tracking. Of course, still above MSRP.

I cant wait for the GT3RS to finally hit MSRP and under. Almost there.
    Dealers advertising at $50k+ are foolish.

10. tobewiser

tobewiser Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2015
    Acworth, GA, USA
    Ferrari buyers more often than not are knowledgable about the specifics of their 'dream' cars. The highly optioned, mostly CF, factory originals with no after market modifications usually fetch premium prices and sell quickly. e.g., It took me 18 months to find mine with very specific options: original ECU, CF seats, CF dash, Alcantara carpet/liner, yellow coupe only. I was flexible with mileage as long as it is reasonable, i.e., no more than avg 3000 miles/year. I found a 2010 Italia with the exact spec's - a wonderful day in automotive heaven. If you don't buy exactly what you want, it will inevitably remind you of a lesser choice. Regrets ensure each time you gaze upon your compromised 'dream.'

11. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I can confirm that too ! People are buying all NA F cars at the moment !

12. turboslut

turboslut Karting

May 31, 2016
    Been hounding here in the states. I totally agree with you. Sweet spot seems to be $165k for a variety of option and mileage combinations, but nothing lower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    This: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia-488/550027-458-slowest-depreciating-car.html

And what Mel said, make up for the 458's very strong performance (and high demand) as a pre-owned Ferrari. As time goes by, 458s will get older, but Ferrari will also continue to deviate even further from what the brand is and has always stood for, making a shiny example of the end of a golden era out of the 458. Even if you couldn't care less about appreciation and depreciation: it's still one of the very best Ferraris of all time to drive, and soon someone will take away from you the privilege of driving a NA Ferrari V8, either because you can't drive it in town (polution bans), fuel concerns (fossile fuels vs. electric energy) or simply because Ferrari doesn't make them anymore. What happened to manual Ferraris when F1s took over? Yeah.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seems to me used 458 prices in the US are falling pretty fast in the US, which is surprising for the summer.

That being said, they did hold their values quiet well for a long time

But Winter may be brutal, especially for northern areas. Few people shop for a Ferrari when it's a snowstorm outside.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Seems like the f430 sets the barrier though for 458 prices. But we may see coupes for $160k.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I expect 360s to fall again. They are almost 20 years old. That will put pressure on F430's to fall more.

Most F430's are F1 gearboxes and at the moment, it seems people want manuals --especially on older F1 systems.

goose22b likes this.
  17. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Later F430F1 cars with CCB and the updated shift software etc. seem to be in short supply here in the UK, I'm not saying they are commanding any noticeable premium but the majority for sale are 2005 - 2007 spec cars.

Manual cars appear to have slipped back a touch also, quite a few are sticking in the ads suggesting they're not has in demand here in the UK as some would like them to be.

Saying that a luxury car dealer acquaintance of mine has indicated recently that there has been quite a sharp decline in activity across all marques here in the UK since the June elections.

Perhaps suggesting the entire market is effected and not just Ferrari's.

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think the "manual" demand bit is overblown. If you look at sales of DCT cars there doesn't appear to be any sluggishness in the market.

Part of it is speculation but it's like speculating on something that no one may want in the future.

Yes some people will still want them but it's not a growing market. In fact, it's the opposite. Manual car sales have been shrinking for years.

If you want a manual you can buy a classic pre -1999 car and row the gears to your heart's content. If you just want to go fast you'll by a more modern car with an F1.

That's why they put F1 gearboxes in F1 cars after all -- to go faster.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how come you are the only one seeing this? manheim 458 prices have been incredibly stable

20. smoothe19

smoothe19 Rookie

Aug 10, 2017
    I just got on the market for a used 458 and the prices in the States are falling. I am specifically in Houston, Texas. I am looking to see when they hit ~160k then i will pull the trigger as it should stabilize there.

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If you look in the actual market, you can see people are lowering their prices to sell cars.

I am not alone. Ask anyone who has a 458 and is trying to sell it now. Cars that are out of warranty are falling pretty fast the past few months.

You can get a good used low mileage 2013 458 coupe now for 80-100K off MSRP all day long.

A Mac would have done that in one year so it held it's value pretty well if you look at the long haul. But cars out of warranty will fall pretty fast given the risk of repair.

22. moldynotepad

moldynotepad Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  24. moldynotepad

moldynotepad Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for this info!

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    np - id say 197 gets the car unless someone who absolutely has to have white pays the full ask.