Vettel WDC remote possibilities | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Vettel WDC remote possibilities

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Sep 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    not over till it's over indeed. Hopefully Ferrari hurries up with their 3d pistons now as desperately need the speed...

ricksb likes this.
  2. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1. Hamilton is the golden child of F1.

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Ferrari is on the back foot, but anything can happen in F1.

Witness Hamilton in Malaysia last year.

4. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    it was already going to be a tall order with how much better the Mercedes is but now it's O-V-E-R

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    huh? the RB6 was by far the fastest car in 2010

6. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    5% chance at winning the WDC at best. Realistically it's 0%

Really a shame because Ferrari's chokejob deprived everyone of a great title battle down to the wire. This season had the potential to be a classic. All gone now. Really the remaining races probably won't even be worth watching. Hamilton will claim pole at all of them and that will be that.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    It was never really on once the FIA banned our engine mods, and let Mercedes keep theirs. It isn't a level playing field, liberty obviously owe Mercedes something still as they are allowing the farce to continue despite probably 70% of race fans thinking the fix is in.

**** f1 for this year, best to concentrate on next year now and save resources.

8. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I love all the comments from Hamilton fans on the various F1 forums I frequent. All the smug "oh don't give up, you guys are still in this!" nonsense. They know as well as I do that this baby is on ice. Sickening.

Bas likes this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes, though it's not Liberty but FIA.

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You should read what the veganist lunatics have to say about this...they think his win came due to veganism!:p:p:p:po_O

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Liberty must owe something or they would be beating down the FIAs door

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Yes. Of course he is a vegan. Of course. To save the planet right? Meanwhile he couldn't be reached for comment after he got out of his race car, hopped in his private jet, and then hopped on a yacht in the Bahamas. So now we have a vegan who has Senna's ghost giving him advice. How can we beat this?!

Incredible arrogance/douchiness and lack of self awareness is a bad combo but LH dives in head first with no regrets

Bas likes this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If he donates me his Zonda I'll like him. :D

I reckon he should drive the Spaz chariots in Formula E since it takes care of the planet, or something

14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Ugh the Autosport forums are gag-worthy right now. I need to take a break from F1 until the next race

Bas likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's been a cesspit ever since merc domination

16. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's not all doom and gloom,the car is fast,so it is down to Vettel to utilize it,and Kimi to step up and do his bit.

I think Bottas will play a big part in the remaining races,once he is mathematically out of contention he will be taking team orders to let Lewis through etc.

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vettel = no chance for WDC. It's over.

TifosiUSA likes this.
  19. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think it's a pretty ****ty setup if one dnf causes you to lose a shot at the title... something should change in the rules in the formula.

Robb

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This is nothing new. Vettel and LH were close in points. If you get 0 you fall back rather quickly. The points system helps race winners. Its fair. Vettel might want to not hit other cars to start with.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I sort of agree, that's why back then you could throw away a few results, i remenber in the 90s when we had 16 races and you couls discard 5 results! Massa would have liked that in 2008... Back the it made sense, since teh cars were very unreliable, today not so much but, perhaps 1 race to discard would be fair, just in case some crazy kid takes you out of the race!!

22. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

SEPTEMBER 19, 2017

Bottas not number 2 driver says Wolff

Toto Wolff says he still will not designate Valtteri Bottas the 'number 2' driver behind Lewis Hamilton.

While Hamilton completed a victory hat-trick and pulled out a 28 point advantage over Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel in Singapore, Mercedes teammate Bottas has struggled recently.

"Yeah, Valtteri has been a bit lost," agreed former F1 driver Mika Salo, speaking to the Finnish broadcaster MTV.

"It's difficult to know the reasons -- maybe it's just been hard for him to set up the car. Or maybe it's starting to show that Hamilton is more familiar with the car concept," he added.

So with Bottas now lagging in the championship and off the pace, Salo said team orders is not an issue "because Lewis is simply faster".

When asked if Mercedes will put its full weight behind Hamilton for the rest of the championship, team boss Wolff answered: "I think it's clear that Lewis' chances of winning the championship are higher than Valtteri's.

"As before, we will assess the situation, but the situation becomes clearer after every race."

But Wolff added: "I don't want to say that one driver is the number 1, because it could affect the motivation of the second ... I mean the other, driver."

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's cute. Like anybody would believe this.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    As someone mentioned earlier in another thread.....M
    I don't believe anything coming out of the Mercedes camp. What they have to say about themselves or Ferrari....its all a ploy....a ruse....mind games.

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Actualy he's more like a number 3