whats best test pipes for tubi exhaust | FerrariChat

whats best test pipes for tubi exhaust

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by blkdiablo33, Sep 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    hi want to put test pipes polished ones on my tr ,i have a tubi exhaust on what are the best ones with best fit?thanks

2. 1TRICK6

1TRICK6 Karting

Aug 28, 2014
    So. Cal (L.A./O.C.)
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Test pipes to replace your main cats or pre-cats?

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    primary on rear

4. 1TRICK6

1TRICK6 Karting

Aug 28, 2014
    So. Cal (L.A./O.C.)
    Full Name:
    Jim
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  6. 1TRICK6

1TRICK6 Karting

Aug 28, 2014
    So. Cal (L.A./O.C.)
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Took about 20mins each side, simple.

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Great to know thanks

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

20 minutes ? those pipes are to replace the cats right, it doesn't take 20 minutes... It took Ferrari 4 hours to replace my test pipes with cats to pass smog... Honestly I was thinking of putting the pipes back on but I don't see any difference power wise, I do sound wise but its only below 4krpm... What did make a huge difference at all levels were the pre cat delete..but again it takes 4 hours to install.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Wont pass smog but I guess u know that, u will have to put it back on every 2 years OR register out of state OR have a friend at a smog station :)

10. 1TRICK6

1TRICK6 Karting

Aug 28, 2014
    So. Cal (L.A./O.C.)
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You mean they charged you 4hrs (flat rate) to install, I'm sure it really didn't take them that long. I was talking about just replacing the main cats and it does take 20mins each side. I've done it twice already. It took me 2hours total to change out both pre-cats and main cats when I do my smog.

Melvok likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

well technically they charged the other dealer not me lol :) U are pretty handy ! Even the local shop here charged 3 hours for the precats. Got to make their money I guess:) Do you have to remove your bumper to put the pipes on, I am curious how you did it, I probably would not do it myself, id fear to mess things up lol
    I wanted to put the pipes on but so far I haven't: the car smells better, and honestly the performance gain isn't crazy. The pre-cats though, best purchase ever :) Now if I could get a Capristo stage 3 ... Even louder than a tubi they say and better quality it seems , not that tubis are bad products though !

Melvok likes this.
  12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel

Attached Files:

13. Natkingcolebasket69

Interesting my test pipes do not have that shape they are as straight as it comes, not sure why and what is the difference ? how do you replace them , from a lift ? I would imagine 1hour total you don't have to remove the bumper so its pretty easy ?

14. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I aslo have a set which is only an open tube ... works fine also :)

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I might put them on this weekend but my wife was not a fan of the smell lol