What's For Dinner? | Page 134 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Taiwanese style beef noodle soup at the Paris in Vegas.
    A decent amount of spice, especially after a couple of teaspoons of sambal! :)
    T [​IMG]

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    That's the new Taipei street food place, Yong Kang Street, right? How was it? Did you try anything else?

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

That's the place! We got in late, and were looking for good, fast and hot. This place ticked all the boxes. It was listed as spicy, but not really. However, they had sambal on the table, so a few scoops of that did the trick. Wife had the sesame chicken noodle bowl. It was good, not as good as the Taiwanese beef soup. Service was very quick, always a plus after a long flight.

We didn't eat anything else, but the couple next to us tried the dumplings and we're happy with them.

I'd eat there again...T

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Thanks. The dining options are always limited at 2 am - even on the Strip - so I was happy to read about this place a while back. Sounds like a decent, affordable alternative to the usual stuff that's open at that time, either diner food (Café Bellagio, Aria Café, etc) or expensive/heavy steak house fare at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Exactly. Especially on week nights. Miracle Mile and Planet Hollywood have some interesting places, but they seem to close early. I didn't want to navigate across the street for Secret Pizza at Cosmo. Eiffel Tower is a great location, if you get a seat with a view of the Bellagio fountains. Food is OK. I have to admit though that souffles, sweet and savory, at Eiffel Tower are great. But, I didn't feel like dropping a wad of cash, for a late night meal...T

6. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Haven't done it this year yet. Usually about once or sometimes twice per year my Brother and I, hit Vegas. Neither of us like sitting on a beach, or even a hotel pool. We don't shop. We don't gamble. We do however like to eat. One of the best places in the world for eating is Vegas. Bonus its close. Its our favorite mini vacation spot. Lunch we keep it simple and sort of light. Save appetite for dinner!

quick and easy lunch

Capriotti's Sandwich Shop | Home Page or

Best Pizza in Las Vegas - Biaggio's Pizzeria only problem with this you need a car

Both close early. Or we'll get lunch at In and Out.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That looks great.

I've only been to Vegas once, but we stayed at the Paris and had an amazing time. We went to one of the clubs there that had great views of the Eiffel tower. I was so impressed by the bartender, never had to wait and he always remembered what I was drinking.

8. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #3333 PureEuroM3, May 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

It was good. We like it here because of the central location. Can see the Bellagio fountains & gardens & shops, close to Miracle Mile shops, Cosmo, etc...T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

We come mostly for the food as well. Wife likes a little flutter now and then. Not me. We got married here, that was a big enough gamble for me! We like to come back to where the adventure began. 😃 I've been to Capriotti's in Beverly Hills. Great sammie. I think our friends took us to Biaggio's. Looks like the pictures on the web site, but it was years ago...T

11. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #3336 PureEuroM3, May 17, 2016
  12. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Pizza! Pagano taco pizza.

Strange call. Very heavy accent. "this is officer such and such from Revenue Canada, you owe us $3,000 if you don't pay immediately we'll come arrest you" Me: "Rev Can doesn't call unless they are returning your phone call. They send letters until you pay" They: "I'm sending another officer to arrest you pay now" me "Rev Can doesn't identify themselves as law enforcement officers." Rev can has no arrest powers." I hung up.

Besides I don't think Rev Can calls at 9pm. Man can't believe people fall for them

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yeah, government workers calling at 9 p.m. LOL.

Tonight Mon Ami Gabi. I get what I always get. Hanger steak. Merlot sauce. Mashed taters instead of the usual pomme frittes. Pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    T

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I did the BBQ turkey again. I got this! :D

15. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Found a new butcher shop for deli meats. They had prime rib burger patties. So firing up the grill and making them.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Man, that sounds awesome. Having a good old fashioned butcher shop nearby is worth its weight in gold.

Tonight was homemade pizza. One with onions and bell pepper. One with fuzzy fish (anchovies) for our friend and I. And, a dessert pizza - nutella, fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Washed down with prosecco...T

17. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #3342 PureEuroM3, May 20, 2016
  18. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Tom,

That's not the recipe I passed on is it? Have you made any improvements I should try?

19. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I just noticed them yesterday. The closest store beside Walmart is almost a 15 minute drive each way. I like to be fast. Run in grab stuff and get out. So its extra convenient as they are 5 to my house. I buy groceries daily. Cook meats same night or next day at most. I try to avoid freezing.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Yep. I still use your recipe. Thanks!! Lately, when I make dough fresh, I've been using tipo 00 flour, which may be overkill, but it's good. About the only mod I've done is to make the dough the day before, and let it proof overnight in the fridge, in a Ziploc bag. Wife's colleague suggested that. Don't know if it makes the pizza dough better, but having it pre-made allows me to focus on the toppings, my guests, etc...T

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I'd love to do that. Indeed, I used to do daily shopping when I was single. I picked up the habit from my grandma. She'd shop every morning for whatever she was cooking that night...T

22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Haha funny enough that makes me feels good. I'm glad you enjoying it. It does make an amazing pie especially because it is hand made.

23. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    #3348 David_S, May 21, 2016
    Here's the spread my wife whipped up for my birthday dinner last night.

Kåldomar (stuffed cabbage rolls), meatballs, mashed rutabaga, and green beans. Wasn't quite the same as my Mom or Granny made, but it was damn good!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Happy birthday, David! Looks like a great meal!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Happy Birthday!
    T