wheel spacers | FerrariChat

wheel spacers

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by lanpa8, Apr 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    Hey guys thinking of getting some spacers for the stock wheels. I dont track the car but do go on twisty mountain roads on weekends. Any experience with them good or bad? Was thinking of going with Capristo...any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. lanpa8

lanpa8 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
  3. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Novitec 15mm front and 20mm rear are going to be the best for you and we have them in stock.

4. YelNsx

YelNsx Rookie

Jun 2, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Would this negatively affect the handling? Also, would 30mm work in the rear without rubbing on stock 08 Scuderia?

5. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    You would be widening the track of the car so I would think it would help if anything but I doubt you will notice either way. The spacer sizes for your car are 10, 15 or 20mm.

Tarek307 likes this.
  6. gasterus

gasterus Karting

Oct 6, 2005
    Asia
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    I believe Novitec has 2 kinds of spacers for the 458. Which one is for the stock wheels? Can you pm me the prices?

7. tonybrasco

tonybrasco Karting

Aug 7, 2011
    N.Y.C.
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    is there a big improvment in look with these spacers?

8. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Should the car be realigned after spacers are installed?

9. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I am so sorry to have missed this post. All the spacers can be used for stock wheels. The 10mm and 15mm spacers come with longer bolts for the wheels. The 20mm spacers come with bolts to attach to the axle then you bolt the wheel to the spacer with the stock bolts.

10. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    The improvement is it moves the wheels closer to the edge of the fender. It does look much better.

11. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I have never heard that so I would say no.

12. Webber45

Webber45 Karting

Oct 2, 2011
    Bavaria / Germany
    Have a look here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/458-italia/391183-spacers-spider.html

Its equal if Italia or Spider!

13. Caribbean458

Caribbean458 Karting

Apr 19, 2014
    Trinidad and Tobago
    what is the best fit?
    10 and 15mm or 15mm and 20mm?

I just want flush..nothing more than that at all!

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Widening the track (front and rear the same amount) will make the car slightly more stable and also slightly less nimble. It will also make the wheels look a lot better in relation to the edge of the car, especially on a car that is lowered. If you don't lower the car you can probably get away without aligning the car but I would still have it done- the alignment as delivered is often a little bit out of spec anyway.

One of the key things with spacers is they need to be high quality and of a metal that will expand and contract at the same rates as the wheel and the hub. I am sure the Capristo ones are fine but for this I trust Novitec. They are not cheap but they have sorted out the right materials and I'm willing to pay for that. As to what amount, to my eyes, the 15mm all around look the best on the 458, but some others will argue one way or the other. When doing spacers I have always done the same amount front-rear but again, theres room for a discussion. Just my 2 cents.

uhn2000 likes this.
  15. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    +1

You can even go 20mm on all fours if she is not lowered more than 30mm in the front.

No alignment necessary it you just add spacers and do not lower.

best

16. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    The 15/20mm setup is the most common. 10mm and 15mm use new longer bolts where the 20mm spacers bolt to the hub and then the wheels bolt to spacers using the factory bolts. With the 15/20mm setup your bolts won't match front to rear, which may not be an issue to you. If it is, you can either buy the titanium bolts in the correct lengths or go with the 10/15mm setup. All sizes we have in stock.

17. avalente

avalente Rookie

Aug 7, 2013
    Switzerland
    Pk

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

18. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    10mm really doesnt seem like much of a change. Would you even notice the 1 cm?

Melvok likes this.
  19. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes you would notice it.

20. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    +1

I'm a fan of Hill Engineering spacers and products, but I'd have no issues running Novitecs as well.

Besides what is posted above, spacers will make your suspension act as if the car was heavier in relation to the spring rate. This is due to the fact that when you move the wheel out, you extend the leverage point in relation to the pivot point of the suspension. It won't be much, but to some, the car will feel softer.

Which ever spacers you choose etc. get yourself three of these.

WH01 - Knurled - Wheel Hanger - with Knurl by: Hill Engineering - Hill

It'll be the single best car accessory purchase you did this year. Your wheels, brakes, spacers, and back will thank you for it.

21. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'm amazed Ferrari doesn't include a wheel hanger in the car tool kit. Porsche does. I suppose Ferrari thinks their dealers will be doing all the wheel changes, ect....not the owner.

Melvok likes this.
  22. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Had these some ones on my 2014 Spider....loved the look and car handled well.

radlu likes this.
  23. MaseratiCorse

MaseratiCorse Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Hill Engineering 11/15mm looks just right me thinks. :)

24. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
  25. I012585

I012585 Rookie

Jul 15, 2017
    Hi, can you please shoot me the price for 15 mm front / 20 mm back Novitec spacers, thanks.
    -Hugh