Which year Scuderia to get? | FerrariChat

Which year Scuderia to get?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Nero Toro, Sep 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nero Toro

Nero Toro Rookie

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    NERO TORO
    Thinking of getting a Scuderia. Any recommendation which year to get?

2. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    The only difference is in 09 the carbon package was standard where as in 08 it was an option.

3. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Although, with carbon fiber package the car are identical, it seems that the market and resale values are higher on 2009. This is for no apparent reason especially if all picked options are the same. If you are looking for a better buy go with 2008 but remember that if you sell it you may get hit a little for 2008 vs 2009

4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I recommend either getting the first year of production or the last. They are the most valuable.

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I am sure you making a joke right ?? Scuderias were only made 2008 and 2009

6. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The 2009 was delivered with a different TCU and instrument cluster. The TCU software was eventually applied to the earlier cars at service time so in theory every Scuderia should have it, but some slipped through (I have a couple of units that were never updated).The software on the ion sensing module was revised too. The impact of the elrctronic changes however is small - not worth getting hung up over. The big difference was the improvement in quality of the carbon fibre.

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    09. just because of the updated commemorative plate on the passenger side dashboard =)

8. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yes

9. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    You want to get a 2009.

As mentioned before, the resin on the carbon fiber was corrected so that it doesn't get "milky". This alone can cost you thousands of dollars to rectify.

In addition, I believe the late model 2009 also had improved front headlights which are less likely to develop "spiders". This can be a very annoying cosmetic problem. It also costs thousands to replace these.

I had a march production 2009 and it had zero carbon fiber "milking" and zero spiders in the headlights. Almost every 2008 I have seen have both of these problems.

10. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    Many 08 cars have already had the carbon panels replaced under warranty. I believe there was also some additional heat shielding added in the engine bay as part of a service campaign. My 08 had this done and there hasn't been any issue with milky CF.

There was never a fix for the headlights. I've seen plenty of 09s with webbing. Even if you buy new replacement headlights today, they can still develop it. I had mine opened up and cleaned out. This was done almost 2 years ago and they still look perfect.

11. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have a 2009 which was delivered in March 2009 - I can't get to car to see what the build date is on plate but I have experienced both milky CF over headers and coolant cover, yellowing air boxes and spider lines on headlights. I not sure if they ever fixed an of these issues unless it was late in 2009. I know the refinished one ( covered under warranty) were better. If i remember correctly, it was a collision shop in Georgia that did them for Ferrari. So maybe having a car that the CF pieces were covered under warranty may be the way to go.

12. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Do you have any actual proof that the resin was bad on 2008s or that the headlights are more susceptible to spidering, or is this speculation based on anecdotal evidence? This sounds like forum "knowledge."

13. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It was admitted in a TSB to the dealers.

14. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    P.s. headlights were never updated.

15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    When I refinished the carbon panels (side) in the engine compartment they put heat shields on the bottom side - that was several years ago and no problems - mine is a 2008 and never had headlight problems Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There were larger heat shields fitted to the rear two panels in 2009, to protect the panels from the tailpipe/valve assembly.