Why isn't Gallardo selling? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Why isn't Gallardo selling?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Napolis, Jan 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont look down on other cars. Porsche, Lotus, Viper etc. I love them all. Im a car fanatic. When i picture my dream garage, it has alittle bit of everything. I know cars strengths, i know their weaknesses, and im not blinded by brand loyalty.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    James, according to Lambo, they are doing just fine. The car has been around for over 3 years now. I personally know quite a few people who are very interested in a Murci purchase, but are worried that once they jump in, Lambo will release an Sv or Gt version. As for me, i always buy cars used, so i hope the Murci comes down some more quickly!

3. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    ok ok...Ferrari does have the racing heritage, but Lamborghini made Exotic cars what they are today...

No one can deny that a 2 valve Lamborghini Countach 5000s is THE most exotic car ever made. I have seen people walk past F50s, Diablos and Murcie's (You name it!) to have a look at a nice Countach.

The Countach was THE most Postered "object" only to be tied by the famous Farrah Fawcitt*SP posters.

Every kid who was a product of the 1970s or 1980s had either poster.

Ferrari owners in general are more loyal to Ferrari, but Ferrari owners dont have the "gusto" to drive a Lamborghini. They have a different personality.

In the 1987 60 Minutes special on Lamborghini the Italian spokesperson speaking to 60 minutes said, "To own a Lamborghini, (broken english) you have to be a certain person...not everyone can own a Lamborghini...(reference to the cars) The black one you have to have a intriguing women....the red one.... (and so on and so)..."

Lamborghini is like a Playboys car. Bottom Line. I want everyone to watch that 60 minute special order it buy it WATCH IT. It trully exhibits the essence and beauty of the Lamborghini.

In no way am i saying that Ferrari owners arent playboys hahah but maybe Lamborghini owners are just bigger "pimps." LOL

4. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    What does this question have anything to do with Ferrari general discussion!

5. Mercedes_Benz

Mercedes_Benz Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida
    I was shocked how small the Gallardo was in person, and the rear is just OK! it can use some work. Point is, i dont see who not take a 360 over that in a heartbeat!

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Id take a Gallardo over 2 360's.

7. Mercedes_Benz

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida

Wow, thats pretty extreme! LOL, take the 2 360s, sell them get the Gallardo and keep the extra cash! :)

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Obviously, if i could sell them, thats what id do. If i couldnt sell, id get just the Gallardo. Make mine orange please.

9. Mercedes_Benz

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    South Florida

Pearl Yellow looked really good in person.

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Wayne
    Today's NYT.
    Bergen Lambo (NJ)
    1800 609 8890
    I believe the same guys as Classic Coach
    New Dealer
    "No surcharges"
    "No Premium"

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Thanks God ,Ferrari limits its production to keep exclusivity.
    Lamborghini,which makes so much more "superior" cars is limited by demand and still makes only a fraction what F does.

12. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Does the Gallardo require less maintenance than the 360?

I'm just curious - doesn't it have a cam chain as opposed to a belt? I know there's more to cost of ownership than this; but, which one is easier to own?

13. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    F will make an operating loss this year

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    traffic is over 5,000 hits, I'd say Lambo vs Ferrari is the most popular topic on Ferrari chat. One of these questions pops up everytime one dies off.

You can't have Ferrari without Lambo. The two companies have pushed each other for 40 years and created the exotic car world.

15. mlabiche

mlabiche Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Aroud Geneva Lake - AKA : Heaven
    Full Name:
    Marin Labiche
    Good Point Adam... may be to early to have the definitve figure but for those who R lucky enought to own a gallardo should be able to answer about the "planned" maintenace costs... @ least "according to the book"

Just to put my grain of Salt have a look @ this : plenty of gallardo's Yellow, black new... and the prices seems very low.. . Not a final information however... Do not what concluding, in fact, execept that if had the means, may be i will take a ticket to have a look in germany... Also may be european are more reluctant to Lambos... or dedicated to the Ferraris

Anyway for the moment it is the same for me ... I can not own either for ...the moment.. It is why I am so Cooooooooool about it... I have not the trouble of choise, i have only the trouble :)

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Fahrzeuge_RecordView.cfm?PageNum_GetRecord_Fahrzeuge=2&marke=Lamborghini&modell=&languageID=GB

16. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Funny how a guy with "Mercedes-Benz" as his chat name, would ask this question? I always want'ed a MB but they are too heavy.

I like the 360 but next to a 308 it looks too big (thats what you get when you compromise to get the golf club room). And I'd love a TR but its just too large a car for me.

The appeal of the Gallardo is that its a 15% smaller, 10 years more modern TR. I'm a bit pissed by the weight, but they did slam a 10 in there instead of Ferrari's 8. And that's what made the rear lose a bit of its sexy design...so crammed with engine, the rear is more functional than pleasing to the eye, but anything to keep it small, tight, and fast is okay with me.

17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

So you feel good that only 399 Enzo's are made, and that 99.9% of us can't buy one, making it a car-rag only ghost?

I find that a shame :(

I'd take a Murci and a 2nd condo at the beach over a Enzo anytime.
    Thanks Lambo for making 600 Murcis every year! Long live Lambo as the King of the super exotic that you can buy and drive!

I'll keep looking at the Enzo in the magazines only.

18. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    Where does that information come from?

19. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Previous discussions in this forum. Mainly down to the weakness of the dollar in the latter two quarters.

20. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Wow - Imagine the shame then for Mclaren who made only 100 or so f1. They are beyond shameless for doing that to us and not allowing the general public access to that kind of a car. They should have made 10,000 and brought the price down to 50,000 right.

What are you saying?

You dont make 1000's of million dollar cars!! Get over it. You make 1000's of 360's and Gaylardo's

21. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Mclaren is a race car company. They made a $1,000,000 240 mph race car for the public and 100 units was plenty.

Ferrari is a sports car company. The only reason the Enzo sells for $1.2 milllion now, (instead of $450k) is because ferrari is playing games with low production numbers forcing high production cost per unit and even higher collector prices.

A Mclaren was a million dollar car. A ferrari Enzo,15 years later, that still hasn't beat the old F1 (going by poll on f-chat) is artificial manipulated into the $1,000,000 price range. I just get the feeling that Ferrari hides behind games, where Lambo puts out 600 super exotics each year in the $300k range. P-cars (1,500) and MB (3,500) are also putting out good numbers of super exotics in the $300-500k price point.

Ferrari was a much more more enthusiast-targeted company when they made 1,500 F40's

22. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Tried them but guess they are not open Sundays left
    voicemail to call my business Tuesday.
    Thanks for lead.
    I'm sort of an impluse type buyer and I'm losing my impluse as this drags on.

23. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Huh? It is indeed 10 years (actually almost 20) years
    more modern than the Testarossa.
    But it is not 15% smaller!

The Gallardo is 4% smaller in width and length.
    The Testarossa is 3% smaller in height.
    The Testarossa is slightly smaller in wheelbase.
    The Testarossa is slightly smaller in weight
    (depending upon whose measurements you use).

Hmmm... they're pretty much the same size.
    The Gallardo just looks smaller because
    its so chopped-off looking... as opposed to the
    beauty that the Testarossa is.

24. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I guess that's possible. I think Ferrari is in the black. About three months ago, Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo said Ferrari will have a profitable year, even with expenses involved with bringing Maserati up to speed and into the fold. Not a big issue, but now if we're going to start saying Ferrari is hurting, that's pushing it. Now Fiat...that's a different story.

25. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I don't think it's official yet, but because of the extreme low of the dollar, each car they sold to the US made a loss in the last quarter. This could have pushed them into the red.