Xbox One - Steering wheels | FerrariChat

Xbox One - Steering wheels

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Kevin Rev'n, Jun 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Anyone have recomendations. I am new to Xbox but we have Forza5 now and it needs a steering wheel!

2. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #2 Kevin Rev'n, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Is that the force feedback model from Thrustmaster?

I want to get a wheel for my Xbox One but will wait to see if Forza 6 and F1 2015 are any good first.

I require force feedback and they're too expensive (according to my standards) to buy and then not use if the games end up sucking.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #4 Kevin Rev'n, Jun 10, 2015
  5. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Nice!
    Thanks for the video link. It's convinced me more that I need a new wheel in my life!

I had the Microsoft force feedback wheel on the 360 and I broke 2 of them through excessive use. I then had the cheap 458 Italia wheel on my 360 and that was a piece of garbage. $200 wasted. I should have sent it back since the downshift rarely worked and the D-pad never worked. I really regret not returning it. Oh well.

However, it looks like the new wheel for the One is top notch. I look forward to hearing what you have to say. I might get one with the GTE wheel in the fall when Forza 6 comes out and I think F1 1015 is due later this year too.

6. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    I bought the TX wheel in preparation for the release of Project Cars. I like it and it is certainly a step up from my MS wheel I had for the xbox 360. I'm going to add the pro pedals when they become available again.

The wheel part feels fine to me so I'm not craving one of the wheel add ons especially at their significant cost. If I find myself with an extra $150 some day I may pick up the F1 wheel.

I will say that if I was given the choice of having the add on wheel or a buttkicker Gamer 2 for the same price there is no question I would go for the buttkicker. The level of immersion it adds is much more than just a good looking wheel that feels a bit nicer in your hands.

Playing Project Cars with a Buttkicker I feel in my seat the engine revs, every shift, the curbs, the contact with cars and guardrails and so much more. Everything comes alive and you feel connected.

For me I value them is this order..... Steering Wheel > comfortable seat / race rig > Buttkicker > Pro Pedals > Add On Wheel

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  8. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #8 Kevin Rev'n, Jun 16, 2015
    Got the wheel last night and rigged it up for play. I will really need to think this part through because shifting foot controls and bad seating position might get old. Besides that the wheel is great! The force feedback is pretty good IMO. My daughter was interested in trying and I let her pick and outfit my car since she doesn't have an account. Looks like I am stuck with a Subaru something or another until I get some points racked up!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login